United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2015, 09:08 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
When you think about it, we could have spent our time on Ben Amos insteed. :shakehead: IF the idea was to go with young and unproven to replace Van Der Sar.
Your posts get ever more bizarre. Amos is very average.

Unread 05-05-2015, 09:12 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
When you think about it, we could have spent our time on Ben Amos insteed. :shakehead: IF the idea was to go with young and unproven to replace Van Der Sar.
Or Tom Heaton.

Unread 05-05-2015, 09:17 PM
andyroo

Since when are United cheapskates look at the £#%&!ing stupid money we're paying Falcao, Di Maria and Rooney, and for what?

Unread 05-05-2015, 09:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Since when are United cheapskates look at the £#%&!ing stupid money we're paying Falcao, Di Maria and Rooney, and for what?
The idea that he should automatically qualify for a payrise on the paltry £60-80k a week that he agreed to for 5 years after 1 good season 2 years into said contract is a bit daft tbh.

Unread 05-05-2015, 09:19 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

When was his form poor? It was exaggerated by ABU's and dennis lawless imo. Nothing more than a la liga goalkeepers growing pains imo. He hasn't had a single payrise since he was that kid btw, is that fair then? Or has he made zero improvement as a player in 4 years.

:
Considering the fact that you can read a straight forward statement and understand none of it ....and you see a name posted here on a daily basis for years on end and can't even then spell it correctly, renders your opinion, shit.....and you... a #@&%!....hth

Unread 05-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Camel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The idea that he should automatically qualify for a payrise on the paltry £60-80k a week that he agreed to for 5 years after 1 good season 2 years into said contract is a bit daft tbh.
and the matter of fact way saffers states if he'd have got it that he wouldn't be eyeing up a return to spain now

Unread 05-05-2015, 09:57 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Those numbers don't make sense...

he has been very good for 3 years now.

and he is 4 years into that contract if it was signed for 5 years and only 1 year is left now...

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Why is De gea still on the same contract as he was as a 20 year old in 2011? Why didnt he get one in 2013 as a reward for a near flawless season and a show of progress?

The best keeper in the country is moving into the final year of his deal. The club is responsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
and the matter of fact way saffers states if he'd have got it that he wouldn't be eyeing up a return to spain now
It is a matter of fact that if he has 3/4 years left on a deal as opposed to 1, he would have much less power and as such not really be in a position to mull about what he wants when the club would be in a comfortable position.

The new deal has been rumoured to be anything between £130k and £200k. So at least double your money. That is a result of United's dithering.

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Camel

Quote:
Why is De gea still on the same contract as he was as a 20 year old in 2011? Why didnt he get one in 2013 as a reward for a near flawless season and a show of progress?

The best keeper in the country is moving into the final year of his deal. The club is responsible.

It is a matter of fact that if he has 3/4 years left on a deal as opposed to 1, he would have much less power and as such not really be in a position to mull about what he wants when the club would be in a comfortable position.

The new deal has been rumoured to be anything between £130k and £200k. So at least double your money. That is a result of United's dithering.
do you honestly think it's all about the cash? yeah, he might've felt more appreciated for a bit with a nice pay rise but this is more about personal circumstances rather than financial reward surely?

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Well, something happened in 2013, I don't know if you noticed...

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:12 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Good point. Also I'm sure if he actually wanted to sign on for longer than he already was committed to then Mendes wouldn't have had much trouble convincing Woodward to give him a new deal.

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:14 PM
saffers

Quote:
do you honestly think it's all about the cash? yeah, he might've felt more appreciated for a bit with a nice pay rise but this is more about personal circumstances rather than financial reward surely?
Of course it isn't all about the cash. If he wants to go he'll go, regardless of what we offer. Going back to spain suits him now. I'm just saying if we had tied him down he wouldn't be in such a strong position to choose. He has one year left on his deal now, so its a bit of an emergency.

Thats where we failed pol. Got to secure the future of your key assets.

Quote:
Ferie? Woodward?

I don't know how he survives another failed transfer window. When you end up signing 4 players in August, after you've already kicked off the league, you've failed in your job.

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Of course it isn't all about the cash. If he wants to go he'll go, regardless of what we offer. Going back to spain suits him now. I'm just saying if we had tied him down he wouldn't be in such a strong position to choose. He has one year left on his deal now, so its a bit of an emergency.

Ferie? Woodward?

I don't know how he survives another failed transfer window. When you end up signing 4 players in August, after you've already kicked off the league, you've failed in your job.
United have been stupid on contracts, only giving 4 year deals and waiting until the death to renew. It's called being cheap. Let's not forget before this season our net spend was worse than Stokes.

This DDG offer seems to have been around for a while though albeit is now going up slightly.

It must be his bird in Madrid rather than Madrid as that's where he left come here in the first place

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:

De Gea is still a kid in GK terms. If he was unhappy with the terms of his contract then he shouldn't have signed it. There clearly wasn't anything in it about performance related pay rises or early renewals. He's now earned a massive contract, whether that's at United or somewhere else and could easily make at least £20m as a player before he retires at today's wages rate. Keep it in perspective though, he's only just broken into his national team, and up to now has won 1 league title and nothing else.

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Good point. Also I'm sure if he actually wanted to sign on for longer than he already was committed to then Mendes wouldn't have had much trouble convincing Woodward to give him a new deal.
nice edit, i had a george takei uploading, you bastard
Quote:

i see your point but he's always going to be in a strong position to choose, the only security it would've provided would be the increased size of the transfer fee madrid would have to pay and the likelyhood they might baulk at it.

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:31 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
nice edit, i had a george takei uploading, you bastard

i see your point but he's always going to be in a strong position to choose, the only security it would've provided would be the increased size of the transfer fee madrid would have to pay and the likelyhood they might baulk at it.
I was surprised I got it edited in time. Not a mental image anyone needed.

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Camel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
It must be his bird in Madrid rather than Madrid as that's where he left come here in the first place
yep, £#%&! knows why anyone would want to return to that hell hole after sampling the delights of metropolitan manchester. agree it's prolly his mrs tho :-)

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
yep, £#%&! knows why anyone would want to return to that hell hole after sampling the delights of metropolitan manchester. agree it's prolly his mrs tho :-)
Cheshire living is very nice. Madrid isn't a utopia either btw

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:41 PM
utd99

Hates people spelling his name wrong does Denis.

Unread 05-05-2015, 10:50 PM
Jethro

Just let him go ffs. This and Bale will go on all £#%&!ing summer
Closed Thread