United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2015, 01:44 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I don't want to stir things, but in an LVG thread last night he basically suggested that Watchers had flounced due to United's recent poor form
Wow, S2C TBR resorting to snide attacks while I'm outside the country on urgent top boy business :shakehead:

tbf, it was very much "ON" when this courageous thread was posted. Seven wins in a row iirc. Great days.

Unread 22-02-2015, 01:54 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Wow, S2C TBR resorting to snide attacks while I'm outside the country on urgent top boy business :shakehead:

tbf, it was very much "ON" when this courageous thread was posted. Seven wins in a row iirc. Great days.

Need to give lvg more time. Yes we are shit but we cannot keep giving managers 7 months and £#%&! them off.

Unread 22-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Need to give lvg more time. Yes we are shit but we cannot keep giving managers 7 months and £#%&! them off.
Yep, pretty much. Even if he doesn't make CL this year I don't believe he should be sacked, and hopefully the board will be of the same opinion too.

Unread 22-02-2015, 01:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
This.

My greatest concern is our recruitment policy, further wholesale changes are required, at least 5 or 6 changes, and our recent transfer history is £#%&!ing awful, they have to get the signings this summer absolutely right. Honestly don't get the impression there was any forethought or planning behind the bulk of our signings in the last 4 years, which is understandable to some degree with new managers, not knowing the existing squad, not having time to target and plan etc. I'm clinging to the hope that there is some serious work being done behind the scenes to identify players that can come in and be the bedrock of the next decade, as atm I honestly wouldn't be surprised if every player currently at the club was ditched in the next 2-3 seasons, and that is not United like or conducive to success

Unread 22-02-2015, 02:00 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
We'll make top four (just), bring in four or five more players in the summer & win the League next season. No danger.

Just need to tough it out till May.

Unread 22-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
According to the brains trust on here, that's exactly what we should do.

Apparently there's a conveyor belt of world class managers who are available at short notice, who's team's all play wonderful attacking football and within 7 months would sorted the entire mess of a squad out and have us back on track, no problems.

Unread 22-02-2015, 02:10 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Apparently there's a conveyor belt of world class managers who are available at short notice, who's team's all play wonderful attacking football and within 7 months would sorted the entire mess of a squad out and have us back on track, no problems.
for sure

Unread 22-02-2015, 02:13 PM
The Watcher

Not sure how Sparky & I have ended up as massive Gaylords btw. Sam1968 must be turning in his virtual grave

Unread 22-02-2015, 02:37 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

According to your £#%&!ing brains trust big Louis was going to swagger in like Vince McMahon, ship out the dead wood and with no European football have us top 3 without even trying.

Instead we've huffed and puffed unconvincingly to 4th while our chief competition fell over their own feet and now we're still playing like a bunch of #@&%!s trying to £#%&! a door#@&%!, while that toothy belm that we all take the piss out of down the East Lancs sorts his problems out and they hit form, Koeman sorts out a team that sold 100million quids worth of players into a more coherent unit in a month than we look even now and Arsenal quietly go above us without Ramsey or Wilshere being fit which has been their signal to settle for what they have the last 3 years.

It was the Moyes hangover, the injuries, the squads shit and now apparently we have to believe that the signings weren't Louis signing's, Edward Woowar just pulled them out of his arse and Louis just went along to get along, like he's famous for, if you ask someone to describe Louis Van Gaal in two words they always say "yes man"..

I don't think sacking him at this point would achieve very much but I'm tired of reading that any criticism is bedwetting that only a stupid @#%&! would entertain. We're about 5 points better off than we were last year at this stage, despite playing far less football. The only real difference is we draw rather than lose.

Unread 22-02-2015, 02:47 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
According to your £#%&!ing brains trust big Louis was going to swagger in like Vince McMahon, ship out the dead wood and with no European football have us top 3 without even trying.

Instead we've huffed and puffed unconvincingly to 4th while our chief competition fell over their own feet and now we're still playing like a bunch of #@&%!s trying to £#%&! a door#@&%!, while that toothy belm that we all take the piss out of down the East Lancs sorts his problems out and they hit form, Koeman sorts out a team that sold 100million quids worth of players into a more coherent unit in a month than we look even now and Arsenal quietly go above us without Ramsey or Wilshere being fit which has been their signal to settle for what they have the last 3 years.

It was the Moyes hangover, the injuries, the squads shit and now apparently we have to believe that the signings weren't Louis signing's, Edward Woowar just pulled them out of his arse and Louis just went along to get along, like he's famous for, if you ask someone to describe Louis Van Gaal in two words they always say "yes man"..

I don't think sacking him at this point would achieve very much but I'm tired of reading that any criticism is bedwetting that only a stupid @#%&! would entertain. We're about 5 points better off than we were last year at this stage, despite playing far less football. The only real difference is we draw rather than lose.
I said we are shit.

We have added pieces to fix the team but the core is still broken. lvg had a short summer after the world cup and it took time to see all of the 80 players we have

Sometime it just takes one player to come in and change our direction.

Unread 22-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
This. We are a work in progress. We will comfortably finish in the top four this season, which is what I expected us to do at the start.

Unread 22-02-2015, 03:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
This. We are a work in progress. We will comfortably finish in the top four this season, which is what I expected us to do at the start.
Have you seen the fixtures coming up, pol?

If we do manage it, LvG will deserve his balls back nqat.

Unread 22-02-2015, 04:32 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Better to live a day as an on-er, than a lifetime as a piss-the-bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Who cares, footballs dead.
Certainly looks that way.

Was tempted to bttt this thread a couple of times but thought better of it given I really can't take any enjoyment from United losing/ embarrassing bunks (a top man) and then big mike rolls in

Would be a huge backwards step if the board bins lvg if he finishes outside the top 4 and I can't see it happening. I still think we're making progress - thought we played well for a large part of yesterday and 2nd half against Preston. But there hasn't really been any good full match performances this season - hence why the op was so....ambitious.

Still think lvg is getting lots of things wrong and we will need an excellent summer in the transfer market. Last summer was clearly a partial abomination.

It will get much better/come good next season - something I think I said at the start of this season.

It's on 2015/16

Unread 22-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Certainly looks that way.

Was tempted to bttt this thread a couple of times but thought better of it given I really can't take any enjoyment from United losing/ embarrassing bunks (a top man) and then big mike rolls in

Would be a huge backwards step if the board bins lvg if he finishes outside the top 4 and I can't see it happening. I still think we're making progress - thought we played well for a large part of yesterday and 2nd half against Preston. But there hasn't really been any good full match performances this season - hence why the op was so....ambitious.

Still think lvg is getting lots of things wrong and we will need an excellent summer in the transfer market. Last summer was clearly a partial abomination.

It will get much better/come good next season - something I think I said at the start of this season.

It's on 2015/16

Quote:
hence why the op was so....ambitious.
Diplomatically put

Unread 22-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Charlestown Rouge

I'm personally getting nostalgic and embracing our current form like a long lost overcoat from the new romantic depths of the 1980's. Marvellous. Nothing like an extended period of misery which is good for the soul after way too long strutting about the gaff as top dawgs. Drink it in, gargle it, gag on it's poisonous tang and suffer. Feel the pain infuse into every part of your very being, deep into your bones. For these are the days of toil, the hard yards, the solitary confinement of Rule 43, the cruel jibes of a nation borne with fortitude and in the full and inevitable knowledge that judgement day will come and thou WILL smite thine enemy with the force of a thousand armies and that day in May 2016 (FFS) is very much ON.

Unread 22-02-2015, 05:25 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
It's on 2015/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
that day in May 2016 (FFS) is very much ON.

"So I just speak my piece, keep my peace
Cubans with the Jesus piece, with my peeps
..."

Unread 22-02-2015, 05:37 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I'm personally getting nostalgic and embracing our current form like a long lost overcoat from the new romantic depths of the 1980's. Marvellous. Nothing like an extended period of misery which is good for the soul after way too long strutting about the gaff as top dawgs. Drink it in, gargle it, gag on it's poisonous tang and suffer. Feel the pain infuse into every part of your very being, deep into your bones. For these are the days of toil, the hard yards, the solitary confinement of Rule 43, the cruel jibes of a nation borne with fortitude and in the full and inevitable knowledge that judgement day will come and thou WILL smite thine enemy with the force of a thousand armies and that day in May 2016 (FFS) is very much ON.
That could of been written by a scouser in the early 90's...... they are still waiting....

Unread 22-02-2015, 05:41 PM
red in cumbria

We're not going to spend another 26 year spell in the wilderness - football has changed too much since those days for that.

Unread 22-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
That could of been written by a scouser in the early 90's...... they are still waiting....
This could HAVE been written by a Scouser at any time

Unread 22-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Venceremos

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Have you seen the fixtures coming up, pol?

If we do manage it, LvG will deserve his balls back nqat.
https://www.thesportspredictor.com/#...shed,showTools

Filter: MUN ARS LIV TOT SOU

I got

3rd Arsenal 80
4th Liverpool 71 (with them winning today)
5th United 70
6th Spurs 69
7th Southampton 66 (with City beating them on the final day, if Southampton are above us going into that last day they'd let them win)
Closed Thread