United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2018, 06:29 PM
sa7

Nice to see Jammy Jam Rag back on the scene.

isn’t

Unread 29-08-2018, 08:09 PM
saffers

Jose Mourinho!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 29-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Sorry, I'm not privvy to how many loaves of Warburton's the club buys every week.

agree about the journalists reaction - absolute schoolyard stuff from fat £#%&!ers who have never kicked a ball in their lives.

Unread 30-08-2018, 09:01 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Jose Mourinho!!!!!!!!!!!
Drop dead.

Unread 30-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Red Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The real point is, you can easily imagine utterly petty stuff like that being true with the "great owners" we are blessed with.
They turned away about 7 thirsty children from the gates of Carrington the other week, during the heat wave. Been out all day killing frogs and had worked up a real thirst. All they wanted was a bit of water. Sad to see

Unread 02-09-2018, 11:38 AM
saffers

Great piece, fans chose right

Unread 02-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The simple answer is it's both.

Woodward is a tosser and Jose should be doing better with what he has.

Unread 02-09-2018, 01:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
The simple answer is it's both.

Woodward is a tosser and Jose should be doing better with what he has.
What is better? Winning the league with 102 points?

Unread 02-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

agree about the journalists reaction - absolute schoolyard stuff from fat £#%&!ers who have never kicked a ball in their lives.
Read that as 'never been kicked in the balls' and found myself nodding furiously.

Unread 02-09-2018, 01:42 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Very good of you to protect Irwell’s good name.
Right here if you want a go, pal. I’m sure 7ers had no such intent.

Long time since I bad repped anyone and that was a rarity.

Unread 02-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
What is better? Winning the league with 102 points?
Yes it is. 102 points is better than 81. Well done.

But more to the point, as it stands, we are no better than his very first game for us.

We won 3-1 at Bournemouth. If anyone would like to tell me all the ways he has improved us in the two years and £400m since then, I'll be right over here.

Woodward has been awful and so has Jose. Blame doesn't have to be on only one side and very rarely is.

Unread 02-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Yes it is. 102 points is better than 81. Well done.
So you’re suggesting that’s what mourinho should have done then. Ok.

Quote:
But more to the point, as it stands, we are no better than his very first game for us.

We won 3-1 at Bournemouth. If anyone would like to tell me all the ways he has improved us in the two years and £400m since then, I'll be right over here.
If you don’t think he’s improved over van gaal’s time at United there’s nothing more to say. In combination with your above argument, you’ve lost. The evidence suggests he’s improved us to such an extent the glazers felt comfortable enough closing the wallet rather than throwing money all over the show in a desperate attempt to re-establish united back in the top 4 as they have done since Moyes. For commercial reasons obviously, as that’s the extent of the club’s footballing ambition. Oh, and resale value of players. Ed Woodward, guardian of the United way.

Unread 02-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
So you’re suggesting that’s what mourinho should have done then. Ok.

If you don’t think he’s improved over van gaal’s time at United there’s nothing more to say. In conmbination with your above argument, you’ve lost. The evidence suggests he’s improved us to such an extent the glazers felt comfortable enough closing the wallet rather than throwing money all over the show in a desperate attempt to re-establish united back in the top 4 as they have done since Moyes. For commercial reasons obviously, as that’s the extent of the club’s footballing ambition. Oh, and resale value of players.
You ask me if winning the league is better. I answered that. I didn't say I think we should do it.

You'd be spoilt to except us to win the league. I don't think it's much to expect significant improvement two years on. Which there isn't.

No, I don't think he's improved us over lvg's time..if he has, it's by a very small margin. Certainly not to the level you'd expect from 2 years of practice and £400m. More of a concern, is not how he compares to the previous man, but to himself: we are getting worse under him. In his first season, we were tough to beat and our biggest problem was creating chances but failing to convert them.

Now we're easy to beat and don't even create chances.

If the notion that we haven't improved is so ludicrous to you, then you'll have no problem rattling off a long list of things we are better at as a team than when he took over.

Again, I'll be right here.

Unread 02-09-2018, 04:15 PM
saffers

Amazing support at turf moor.

Unread 02-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
You ask me if winning the league is better. I answered that. I didn't say I think we should do it.
Last season united finished second. You said he should be doing better.

Quote:
If the notion that we haven't improved is so ludicrous to you, then you'll have no problem rattling off a long list of things we are better at as a team than when he took over.
The main evidence is second place and 81 points along with the glazers closing down the spending. As for a specific list of things, feel free to rewatch the football during most of van gaal’s time to refresh your memory.

It takes time to build a team, particularly from the starting point inherited by mourinho. Mourinho said three years. The glazers £#%&!ed that plan once they felt comfortable over top 4. Mourinho’s biggest mistake for his ambition was apparently getting too many points and finishing second too soon.

Unread 02-09-2018, 06:18 PM
saffers

Dancing to the mourinho groove

He's going nowhere bitches.

Unread 02-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Last season united finished second. You said he should be doing better.

The main evidence is second place and 81 points along with the glazers closing down the spending.

It takes time to build a team, particularly from the starting point inherited by mourinho. Mourinho said three years. The glazers £#%&!ed that plan once they felt comfortable over top 4.
He should be doing better.

There are many other markers to indicate progression.

Finishing 2nd last season was not the problem.

He's improved the league position (after making it worse in the first season) and brought some trophies, but that's not what I asked.

I asked how we have improved as a team. What are we better at? Defending? Attacking? Style?

Which players have developed under him? Who has he brought in that has improved us?

Is the current side better than the one from his first season? What do we do better now?

Unread 02-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
He should be doing better.

There are many other markers to indicate progression.
Not as far as the glazers are concerned. Maybe finishing top 4 by spending less, and maybe signing players with resale value. That seems a biggie.

Quote:
I asked how we have improved as a team. What are we better at? Defending? Attacking? Style?
Defending, yes, scoring more goals, yes. Compared to much of van gaal’s time, everything. No one thinks it’s brilliant but it doesn’t need to be. More than 1 shot on goal a game is an improvement.

Prior to Woodward undermining him, there had been clear progression at times, both in resilience when behind and in performances against the biggest teams as last season progressed. Progression is not a linear thing. There’s backwards and forward steps whilst things develop.

He’s started both his first two seasons with an attacking mindset prior to abandoning it because it wasn’t working. The reason he thought was the lack of more decisive individual defenders. He wanted to address that. He wasn’t allowed. Looks like he’s started this season by pressing ahead with his plan to be more aggressive in an attacking sense anyway, despite not having got the defenders he wanted. The upshot will be a less consistent season and finishing lower than second, possibly as low as fifth or sixth, but better football at times. Glazers and fans happy, I’m sure.

Quote:
Which players have developed under him? Who has he brought in that has improved us?
If United are finishing second with 81 points, obviously someone. Unless you think mourinho has taken a worse team and got 81 points out of them.

Unread 02-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Not as far as the glazers are concerned. Maybe finishing top 4 by spending less, and maybe signing players with resale value. That seems a biggie.

We're not the Glazers, mate. We're fans. We view the game differently.

Compared to much of van gaal’s time, everything. No one thinks it’s brilliant but it doesn’t need to be. More than 1 shot on goal a game is an improvement.

Like what?....

If he’s finishing second with 81 points, obviously someone. Unless you think he’s taken a worse team and got 81 points out of them.

Like who?....

Unread 03-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Other than Pogba, it seems to me everyone has performed to their ability level, and as we’ve improved in all performance measurements - points, goals scored, goals conceded, reaching numerous cup finals - obviously he’s brought in players who’ve improved on what was there prior. To say he hasnt is saying he’s a managerial genius who got all that from shit that’s not improved or got worse. Which is it?
Closed Thread