United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2013, 06:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Two more from Chicharito last night

Two more more Chicharito last night. He now has more goals for Mexico than Hugo Sanchez, scored in a lot less games

First one was another great header. Ever seen a better finisher with his head for a guy of his size?

Unread 23-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Aman27deep

He's such a good striker. Would start every match at the other 19 PL clubs. I feel sad for him, as he doesn't play as much as he should.

If Frogson continues the trend, he's not gonna stay for long, is he?

Unread 23-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Pop

Juventus want him

Would rather see the back of Rooney and Wellbeck tbh.

Unread 23-03-2013, 07:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
He's such a good striker. Would start every match at the other 19 PL clubs. I feel sad for him, as he doesn't play as much as he should.

Will be interesting. To become an automatic first choice, he may have to drop to a slightly weaker side. I guess it'll depend on whether he thinks it's worth it. United offer him a career where he'll play plenty of football, take part in big games, score lots of goals and win lots of trophies, but he'll spend plenty of time on the bench, too. Would he trade that for more playing time in slightly lesser surroundings.

Incredible instinct he's got. Fergie would loathe to lose him, I expect. As would his successor.

Unread 23-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Bunker Buster

I think he's very settled at old Trafford, will be interesting to see how he grows up and what he wants from his career, he'll have his ear turned on internationals still a young lad though earning his stripes....

Unread 23-03-2013, 07:35 PM
eusker

Thumbs down

All he does is score goals on a regular basis and at places like Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

Unread 23-03-2013, 07:36 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep

He faces the same problems that lead to Owen's decline, in top level modern football penalty box goal poachers are a dying breed
These days against the best opposition you need 11 players to contribute to the build-up play

Hernandez has improved this aspect of his game this season but it's still not up to the required level hence why he hasn't started in the big games this season despite a very good goals to minutes ratio

Unread 23-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
All he does is score goals on a regular basis and at places like Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

Unread 23-03-2013, 08:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He faces the same problems that lead to Owen's decline, in top level modern football penalty box goal poachers are a dying breed
These days against the best opposition you need 11 players to contribute to the build-up play

Hernandez has improved this aspect of his game this season but it's still not up to the required level hence why he hasn't started in the big games this season despite a very good goals to minutes ratio
Yep. Great player to have, don't think he'll be here long though.

Unread 23-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep. Great player to have, don't think he'll be here long though.
You wanted him sold last summer, now he's a 'great player to have'.

Unread 23-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
New to medicine ball heed ?

Unread 23-03-2013, 08:58 PM
waynes ear's

got him for peanuts, sell him on

more money to the CR7 fund

Unread 23-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Aman27deep

Don't want to sell him, but we got him for 7m, I'm sure we can sell him for 25m+ if we want to.

We = Ferie.

Unread 23-03-2013, 09:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I've always said the same. He's great to have, superb impact player and great off the bench, shouldn't be starting the majority of the time. I've never wanted him sold. I said we should take £30m for him if someone offered it, nobody ever would though.

Unread 23-03-2013, 09:15 PM
sullerz

never trust S.americans

motwyw...

Unread 23-03-2013, 09:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullerz
never trust S.americans

motwyw...
He isn't S.American...

Unread 23-03-2013, 09:20 PM
sullerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He isn't S.American...
then play on chicharito

Unread 23-03-2013, 09:33 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullerz
then play on chicharito

Unread 23-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Owen's problem was that he lost his accelaration and couldn't/wouldn't change his game to be anything more than a striker who played on the the shoulder. Hernandez has an infinitely better first touch than Owen (despite what the sages say) and unlike Owen is a great in the air. He will never lead the line but a great squad player to have and has had a big part to play in the biggest games though generally from the bench.

Hopefully he can keep improving to the point he is a starter but anyone looking to flog a striker should look at Ballon D'Or

Unread 23-03-2013, 09:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Also tried to 'Nani' some Honduran goon in last night's match.

Closed Thread