United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I’m starting to think Utd as a club died once Fergie retired
We’ve taken so hidings from our biggest rivals in the last 10 years but that today was the final nail in the coffin

We will never (not in a 100 years) do what Liverpool have done to us over the last 2 years
5 nil at OT and 7 nil at Anfield, there’s just no response to that

I didn’t watch the 2nd half as I feared the worst (although that final score is beyond my worst imaginings) so I don’t know how we conceded the goals but I can’t understand how any Utd team in history can concede 6 goals in a half to Liverpool
Even the worst Everton team in decades have put up far more of a fight against Liverpool

I’ve had it with the majority of players who’ve played in these hammerings
Get rid of Dave, Shaw, Dalot, Fred and anyone else who doesn’t have the stomach for the fight
Even Bruno for me is on thin ice, plays like a @#%&! in too many big matches
Clearly they are mostly talented footballers but there’s clearly something there that allows them to capitulate like that

ETH has his work cut out to keep this season from going off the rails after that
Agreed.

Shaw has probably been the best LB this season . He is a good player but we can’t keep playing these guys if they have performances like that in them.

Need a proper fresh start in the summer with a few of them.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:48 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It just seemed like everything they hit went in. Genuinely odd last 30 mins.

Shots from angles that should not be going in - somehow managed to squirm in. The ball is ricocheting around the box and continually finds its way to Liverpool players, I’ve never seen anything like it.

It’s a freak result….that’s the long and short of it

Still hurts like hell though

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:49 PM
The taste of...

I’m too old to start seeing things like that

Qataris it is, get the £#%&!ers in and get some quality

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...

I’m with you

I’ll sell my soul not to witness a result and performance like that again.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I’m starting to think Utd as a club died once Fergie retired
We’ve taken so hidings from our biggest rivals in the last 10 years but that today was the final nail in the coffin

We will never (not in a 100 years) do what Liverpool have done to us over the last 2 years
5 nil at OT and 7 nil at Anfield, there’s just no response to that
I think we will stuff them at OT one day FWIW.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:52 PM
Jethro

Would pay good money to be at Carrington tomorrow. They'll be watching that back many times.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:54 PM
Coracao

Big step for us to take next season is exerting more control in away games.

Failed to win half of them and a goal difference of minus 10, tells us most of what we need to know. Conceded more away from home than Arsenal and City have in all their PL games.

Not really worried in the grand scheme for the remainder of this season. We were never in the title race for me. On to Betis, which we need to win.

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:57 PM
20LEgend1999

Unread 05-03-2023, 07:57 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
I didn’t watch the 2nd half as I feared the worst
Really?

Unread 05-03-2023, 08:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
8 shots on target. 7 goals.
not just that, but the way the shots fell to them. we were cursed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
as someone who would not have played weghorst and would have played an extra midfielder instead, I would still say that is nonsense. we've looked ok with him in the team, so the game today proves nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Would have honestly done us the world of good to lose against West Ham or Leicester.
it really wouldn't. we need to ride our luck as far as we can.

Unread 05-03-2023, 08:03 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Big step for us to take next season is exerting more control in away games.

Failed to win half of them and a goal difference of minus 10, tells us most of what we need to know. Conceded more away from home than Arsenal and City have in all their PL games.

Not really worried in the grand scheme for the remainder of this season. We were never in the title race for me. On to Betis, which we need to win.
We lack a CM and CF. You could argue we also need a RB and GK (to help play from the back)

We are 3-4 players away from being a settled team. That being said, it doesn’t excuse the poor performance.

However, throw in the right CF CM and RB. We can transform the way we play regarding possession and control of the game

Unread 05-03-2023, 08:04 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli

This.

KTF

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Really?
Well I was 5 minutes late back to watch the 2nd half and saw the score was 3 nil and I said £#%&! this I’m not watching another capitulation against Liverpool

Not sure I’ll be able to watch our next game away at Liverpool or City because with the mentality of these players I’ll be fearing the worst

75Red

Quote:

Same here.

Unusually for me, I switched it off at 2-0, because at that point I knew we weren't coming back into the game but thought would likely finish 3-1. Had a bad feeling about this one since the West Ham game, although certainly didn't expect getting totally battered. Reading the posts here it seems a few (most?) of the players turned in a $#*!e performance in that second half.

ETA, let's see how much character this lot have got, not sure they will bounce back

Unread 05-03-2023, 08:05 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
That’s why we shouldn’t be wetting our knickers. Erik will sort this.

It’s a pisser but draw a line and move on.

Unread 05-03-2023, 08:07 PM
measlyshark

Quote:

Consensus in casa Measly. I'm coming around, but hate it....

Unread 05-03-2023, 08:09 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli

It’s not a freak result

The 6-1 against City under Fergie was a freak result
We’ve seen too many of these capitulations over the last two years with these players
There’s clearly a mentality issue especially away from home that sees us fall apart after we concede a goal or two

We competed with them fine in the 1st half but that early double at that start of the 2nd half clearly saw the side raise the white flag

Unread 05-03-2023, 08:10 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

We can draw a line, but we won’t be moving on with the keeper Dalot Bruno Fred Shaw Anthony ( Weggy not included as he’s a stop gap)

Those players have always got one of those performances in them

Unread 05-03-2023, 08:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

It’s the only way.

I’d be a terrible manager btw (not just because I’d be shit tactically) but also I’d be too emotional and call every single player a @#%&! on live television. Then I’d start leathering boots around the changing room and looking to pick fights with a few of them.

Brutal result, just hope they pick themselves up. I do think we’ll have a slight hangover that’ll cost us further progression in the europa. All on finishing 3rd and the FA imo.

£#%&! the game raising scouse @#%&!s… hopefully they naively believe they’re invincible again, because that defence of theirs is there for the taking.

Onto Thursday.

Unread 05-03-2023, 08:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

I figure we’re mentally exhausted. Just too much of an ask to pick ourselves up and re-set ourselves.

We got wiped out by a wave and couldn’t get any air. Freak result with lots of contributory factors.