United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2019, 10:07 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Tammy Abraham’s performances are really putting him to shame .
Considering this is his first proper season inthe premiership.
he actually looks like a striker, attacks the space, challenges for headers and gets in the mix.

7 goals this season and no penalties
He’s a striker. Rashford isn’t. Not sure what’s complicated about this.

The problem isn’t necessarily a 21 year old. It’s a 21 year old wide player being played first choice centre forward at Man United.

Unread 03-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Patty_b

I just don't think Rashford can play as a central striker, at least not at the moment, maybe that will change in the future.

IMO he just looks better on the wing when he has the byline protecting one side of him and plenty of space to exploit.

Although the left wing spot is James's now, so he will have to make do with the right wing spot and try and make it his own.

Unread 03-10-2019, 10:09 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He’s a striker. Rashford isn’t. Not sure what’s complicated about this.

The problem isn’t necessarily a 21 year old. It’s a 21 year old wide player being played first choice centre forward at Man United.
Hold up, and I’m not trying to catch you out or criticise rashford here. Genuine question: isn’t his preferred position as a striker? In fact, when Mourinho played him out wide I remember people getting exasperated and blaming Zlatan.

Unread 03-10-2019, 10:29 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Hold up, and I’m not trying to catch you out or criticise rashford here. Genuine question: isn’t his preferred position as a striker? In fact, when Mourinho played him out wide I remember people getting exasperated and blaming Zlatan.
Regardless of what Rashford or the excuse makers on here think, it’s plainly obvious that he’s not a natural goal scorer. That doesn’t mean he’s shit. Just means he should be played elsewhere. Watching him play inside left for England recently was the best I’ve seen him play in a while.

Unread 03-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Cream

Quote:
The last thing I heard from Rashford's mouth was that he wasn't a no.9 and that he sees himself more as a modern forward (aka Ronaldo). Specifically mentioned playing from the wing.

That doesn't excuse him tripping over his own feet and missing relatively easy shots.

The problem as I see it is that he's not as effective playing off the right, and neither is James.

Unread 03-10-2019, 10:37 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Regardless of what Rashford or the excuse makers on here think, it’s plainly obvious that he’s not a natural goal scorer. That doesn’t mean he’s shit. Just means he should be played elsewhere. Watching him play inside left for England recently was the best I’ve seen him play in a while.
Agreed entirely. I still like the idea of deploying him as a Muller-esque type player. He also probably played better for England with a better team around him too.

Unread 03-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:

Unread 03-10-2019, 02:17 PM
marlo

so when we being unproductive and running the ball out of play our wide, it was because he should be playing through the the middle...

And now through the middle it’s not working out because he should be played out wide?

All aboard the REE (rashford excuse express)

Unread 03-10-2019, 02:25 PM
shenwen

Quote:
so when we being unproductive and running the ball out of play our wide, it was because he should be playing through the the middle...

And now through the middle it’s not working out because he should be played out wide?

Nope

he shoudn't be playing in the middle and he should earn his spot on the left. Currently james playing better there.

My point isn't to make excuses. But that the manager should start developing Rashford's strengths in his best position. I think Ole already thinking this - his note that Greenwood is the club's most natural finisher was telling.

Unread 03-10-2019, 03:38 PM
dunk

Quote:

No. He should've been playing through the middle but instead was flogged at outside left/LB for 2 and a half years. He moved centrally and had a purple patch of goals and looking confident, then got an injury and played through it resulting in his confidence taking a hit. He's returned this season and the same has happened again and his morale is on the floor. He needs a break and patience.

Gnabry wowed everyone this week as suddenly World Class. He'd been toiling away out on loan and looking sufficiently poor that Arsenal let him go for buttons and only in the last 12-18 months started looking properly like a player in the last 12 months, as an example.

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:41 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:45 PM
Clownbones

God, I wish they'd shut the £#%&! up.

Just keep your mouth shut.

There's nothing I want to hear out of any of them right now.

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:46 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
“You can’t hide in football” - get UFO’d out of the stadium yesterday then pal?

Unread 07-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
“You can’t hide in football” - get UFO’d out of the stadium yesterday then pal?
I'm just glad they're all here to tell me it isnt good enough, because I'd have never realised it myself.

Unread 07-10-2019, 03:09 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Unfit
Injured [x]
Mourinho
Playing on the wing
Playing up front [x]
Low confidence [x]
Personal problems [x]

Just amend as and when.

Unread 07-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Seamus

Quote:
thats lovely, I feel a whole lot better now

Unread 07-10-2019, 03:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I'm just glad they're all here to tell me it isnt good enough, because I'd have never realised it myself.

Inspirational tweeting always helps.

Unread 07-10-2019, 03:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Your French striking partner is doing a cracking job of hiding tbf.

Unread 07-10-2019, 03:30 PM
ZiggyStardust

Sometimes silence is the best course of action

He looks genuinely depressed on the pitch at the moment
Rare example of a Utd player who looks happier playing for England than Utd

Unread 07-10-2019, 03:31 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
[/b]

Unfit
Injured [x]