United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2019, 11:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You're being the dick, pal.
Nah, I’m saying he’s been poor for a while because he has been. Nothing wrong with that.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Nah, I’m saying he’s been poor for a while because he has been. Nothing wrong with that.
There's always been excuses floating around for him though.
It's Mourinho, It's Ibrahimovic, It's the other players, it's the injuries.

Nope, it's just he has been very poor and I really don't think he is centre forward. But, in his defence, the way the team is set up is not helping him at all.

Confidence is also a factor. Bursting in on goal from the left yesterday, he tries to cut back and the defender easily caught up with him and dispossessed him. Wouldn't have happened 2 years ago

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
There's always been excuses floating around for him though.
It's Mourinho, It's Ibrahimovic, It's the other players, it's the injuries.

Nope, it's just he has been very poor and I really don't think he is centre forward. But, in his defence, the way the team is set up is not helping him at all.

Confidence is also a factor. Bursting in on goal from the left yesterday, he tries to cut back and the defender easily caught up with him and dispossessed him. Wouldn't have happened 2 years ago
Nqat.

It’s why I’m not too worried about his scoring record, because like mid week showed he’s still getting into good positions. It’s his overall games that’s a bigger worry, but then I’d like to see him go back to basics and become more of a Fox in the box type instead of this poor mans CR7 that he’s trying to become.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:
You’re literally the first person in every match thread to wet your sheets as soon as he does something wrong.

“Rashers “ ad Infinitum

Like £#%&! are you fully behind him

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:19 PM
dunk

The original Ronaldo in his pomp would struggle playing upfront with Mata, Pereira, James, Matic and The Scottish Player for support tbh.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:19 PM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
You’re literally the first person in every match thread to wet your sheets as soon as he does something wrong.

“Rashers “ ad Infinitum

Rather he was behind him than £#%&!ing Lingard

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:24 PM
AK14

Quote:

“Rashers “ ad Infinitum

Nah that’s %@#$&!s.

I do the same in a match thread with all the other players too tbf

But as I said in the match thread on Thursday I’m behind him and think he got into some great positions and on another day would have bagged a couple. But when he’s shit I’ll call him shit

Good to know you’re still reading every post I make in every thread too pal, means a lot.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
As many of us said, he shouldn’t be leading the line for united at 21. A lot of people admired LVG for throwing in him to do that but he’s rarely shown himself capable.

What should happen now is for the pressure to be taken off him by a more experienced (and better) striker.

Crazy decision not to replace Lukaku and that’s the bigger issue than rashers being out of form.
I think modern football has shown players reaching higher levels earlier. 21 is about the age a lot of forwards start to really find their stride, the most recent for comparison in England would be Harry Kane. An absolute nothing player until he got his chance as first choice striker at Spurs & then he bangs in ~30 a season for the next 5 years.

For the record, I don't see Rashford as a No.9 in the same mould as Kane by any stretch, he's clearly more suited to the Scouse type of modern forward that can play across the line - would help if he had been playing in that way for the last couple of seasons tbh but the repeated changes in management & style wouldn't have helped (except to show him mental fortitude which is equally important.)

We need better players, but Rashford needs to up his levels - his first touch, his decisiveness, his ability to find a team mate with layoffs & his runs are all still ridiculously inconsistent. That one where he loses control when bearing down on goal yesterday is an abomination for any player, let alone Utd's shining light on the wage he is. Thankfully he's shown real quality in bursts, work £#%&!ing hard & get some better players on the pitch & we will hopefully see him really find his feet.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Rashford knows he’s playing in red yeah?
Quote:
Ffs Rashford
Quote:
Rashford...

Again.
Quote:
Rashford again

Jesus Christ when he’s bad he’s £#%&!ing awful.
Quote:
Ffs Rashford again

He’s been absolute cack today.
Quote:
Rashford ffs
Quote:
Rashford misses some chances.
Quote:
Rashford needs to work on his passing

Quote:
Rashford not passing again.

Great defending Axel
Quote:
Rashers
Quote:
Rashers still plays so sloppily.
Quote:
Nah that’s %@#$&!s.
Literally just the last few weeks

Fully behind him though pal, great to see.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The original Ronaldo in his pomp would struggle playing upfront with Mata, Pereira, James, Matic and The Scottish Player for support tbh.
yeah course he £#%&!ing would.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
Literally just the last few weeks

Fully behind him though pal, great to see.
Wow...

Ethers rattled again...

Knew you’d be a gimp and do a search so did one myself too ()

Chelsea
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=251

Positivity thread
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...3A#post5218732

Wolves
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...3A#post5223545

He’s been poor for much of this season so...

Also doesn’t this prove the point that you can’t criticise certain players without being labelled a hater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Come on now...

Less of the snide.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah course he £#%&!ing would.
He would mate. Any £#%&!ing striker would.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
He would mate. Any £#%&!ing striker would.
We all know that our midfield is poor and the players backing up the strikers are poor.

But £#%&! me let's not get stupid with the points we're making. Put ronaldo up front for us yesterday (i can't even believe i'm entertaining this £#%&!ing stupid argument) and we'd have scored 3. Simply because the @#%&! could engineer goals out of nothing.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
He’s a full international on about 200k a week.

If he plays like shit for a prolonged period of time then he deserves to be criticised like the rest of the senior players.

Fully behind him to turn it around because I do think he has the ability, but that won’t stop me saying he plays like shit when he plays like shit.
There’s a difference between criticising him when he plays badly and writing him off as being shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
has to be a wind up. Were you calling for patience with Welbeck too?
Seems you’re the one on the wind up.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
There’s a difference between criticising him when he plays badly and writing him off as being shit.
Yeah fair enough.

Anyone doing that is talking %@#$&!s.

He’s been poor for a while, but has clearly got the ability and potential to become a very good player.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

but yeah...he'd struggle

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Yeah fair enough.

Anyone doing that is talking %@#$&!s.
As illustrated by someone comparing him to welbeck a few posts up.

Unread 23-09-2019, 01:02 PM
Baron

Ronaldo

& that's not even him at his peak, that's after 3 ACL injuries & him reinventing himself. He could still find space, & finesse a football with a first touch & dribble consistently.

Rashford needs to do all the simple things better & far more consistently.

Unread 23-09-2019, 01:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Ronaldo

& that's not even him at his peak, that's after 3 ACL injuries & him reinventing himself. He could still find space, & finesse a football with a first touch & dribble consistently.

Rashford needs to do all the simple things better & far more consistently.
It's a stupid comparison and one i can't believe Dunk actually made tbh. It's daft.

Rashford needs to do a hell of a lot of things a hell of a lot better. The proof, as ever, is in the pudding
Closed Thread