United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Is Evra Fergie's best ever left back?

?

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
waynes ear's

maybe

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

1. Evra

2. O'Shea

3. Irwin

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:13 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
2. O'Shea

Crumps

He's the greatest human being in the history of the world, ever.

Sparky***

Yes. With Irwin a very, very close 2nd.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Billy Baroo

equal as a player with denis i think as he could play right back too, took pens and feekicks and could defend as well as overlap

paddy is a better out and out defender and is quick as hell, his final ball is not always up to it after fantastic lead up work

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
carlosartorial

Evra is a great player but not yet at the level of D. Irwin.

If Patrice performs consistently for the next 5 years (and starts scoring goals regularly) he might get there.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Ginners

without a doubt, pisses over irwin. £#%&!ing love him.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
paddy is a better out and out defender
Than Irwin? I don't think so.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:19 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Evra is a great player but not yet at the level of D. Irwin.

If Patrice performs consistently for the next 5 years (and starts scoring goals regularly) he might get there.
I agree with this.

Although I think he is a better player than Dennis, nobody can say (yet) that he's a better United player than him.If you get what I'm saying ()

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
without a doubt, pisses over irwin. £#%&!ing love him.
Er, I wouldn't say he pisses on Denis.

Denis Irwin graced the shirt for over 10 years and was one of most consistent footballers i've ever seen.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Albert Tatlock

1. Denis

2. Patrice

3. Phil

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:21 PM
carlosartorial

I remember before we sold Heinze, half the clowns on here claiming he was the better player.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Denis Irwin graced the shirt for over 10 years and was one of most consistent footballers i've ever seen.
Ginners the Spurs fan has watched a lot of Denis Irwins United performances over the years and is now taking an active interest in Patrice Evras United performances.

Fair play I say.I couldn't name the past few Spurs left backs and how they compare with past Spurs left backs.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

pisses on him in terms of ability, obviously irwin was a lot more loyal but evra is something else in terms of ability, he is prone to defensive lapse but left backs need to be a lot more attacking than they used to be so it isnt that important.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I agree with this.

Although I think he is a better player than Dennis, nobody you say (yet) that he's a better United player than him.If you get what I'm saying ()
I'm not sure that's true anyway. Plus you can factor in free kicks and penno's too. And two footedness.

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Than Irwin? I don't think so.
i do, although completely different in style and a rizzla between them

denis was an incredible player for us

ginners you must be some jcl numpty to think evra pisses on denis

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
pisses on him in terms of ability, obviously irwin was a lot more loyal but evra is something else in terms of ability, he is prone to defensive lapse but left backs need to be a lot more attacking than they used to be so it isnt that important.
denis was one of our most important attacking options on the overlap and cutting in

watch the juve semi in 99

denis was a clinical finisher when he got into a scoring position too

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:25 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I'm not sure that's true anyway. Plus you can factor in free kicks and penno's too.
There's aspects of Evras game which are better than Dennis' (and vice versa, obviously).I think that's what I'm trying to say.

In all fairness, it's like trying to choose between your mum and your dad.
Closed Thread