United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-09-2015, 01:11 AM
armchair

Default Andreas Pereira's freekick tonight

obviously not worth a thread compared to something in stevie g's book that deserves a half dozen threads but I thought it was good.

For the record I thought he played badly, scored the freekick then improved. He'd want to cut out this thing where he tries t take on players twice.

Oh shit i didn't just name this thread "Andres Pereira" whioch would mean I own the Andres Pereira thread and no other thread could be started about him ever.

If this was £#%&!ing rawk.

There are no player threads. You can start whatever thread you want but don't try to make your thread be THE Pereira thread or THE martial thread.

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/kosp.mp4

Unread 24-09-2015, 02:18 AM
Crumps

You OK hun?

Unread 24-09-2015, 02:26 AM
utd99

It was a good free kick, but he also got a bit fortunate that the wall didn't jump an inch. If they had it wouldn't have cleared imo.

Yes he also showed some poor decision making, but that's to be expected of a kid I guess. He's shown enough to be really encouraging though. I think he's going to be a keeper.

Re the threads. If you don't mind me chiming in with my penny's worth, I think that centralized topics, ie our players, are going to generate centralized threads. People seem to like the familiarity of going to one place to air their views, and in turn I think that adds to the momentum of the conversation. One Martial thread will generate 1000 replies more eaily than four getting 250 each. (Also makes it easier for Watcher to search anything stupid you said three weeks ago ).
Something like Gerrard's book is not a centralized theme to a United forum, but one of our players is, so I think it's just natural. The best example is probably the Rawk nuggets thread. Imagine if we started a new one every time they said something delusional. It would be the whole front page.
Anyway, that's the long version of 'I think it's just a normal way for a forum to operate'; they all seem to be like that. But anyway, it's your joint and I'll be down with any way you want it to work.

Unread 24-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Bunker Buster

A very David Beckham type strike, lovely to see and pleased for the lad...

Thought he did ok last night.

Unread 24-09-2015, 07:36 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It was a good free kick, but he also got a bit fortunate that the wall didn't jump an inch. If they had it wouldn't have cleared imo.

Yes he also showed some poor decision making, but that's to be expected of a kid I guess. He's shown enough to be really encouraging though. I think he's going to be a keeper.

Re the threads. If you don't mind me chiming in with my penny's worth, I think that centralized topics, ie our players, are going to generate centralized threads. People seem to like the familiarity of going to one place to air their views, and in turn I think that adds to the momentum of the conversation. One Martial thread will generate 1000 replies more eaily than four getting 250 each. (Also makes it easier for Watcher to search anything stupid you said three weeks ago ).
Something like Gerrard's book is not a centralized theme to a United forum, but one of our players is, so I think it's just natural. The best example is probably the Rawk nuggets thread. Imagine if we started a new one every time they said something delusional. It would be the whole front page.
Anyway, that's the long version of 'I think it's just a normal way for a forum to operate'; they all seem to be like that. But anyway, it's your joint and I'll be down with any way you want it to work.
Nah he's not tall enough.

Unread 24-09-2015, 08:09 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Nah he's not tall enough.

Unread 24-09-2015, 08:31 AM
elephantstone

after all that the video is private.

sending hugs

Unread 24-09-2015, 09:37 AM
dunk

I like him. He's going to make mistakes, but get him in the bench and on the pitch at every opportunity. He's a different option and might just prevent us from flogging Memphis and Martial to death.

Unread 24-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
A very David Beckham type strike, lovely to see and pleased for the lad...

Thought he did ok last night.
You mentioned that in the other thread, not really supporting the wisdom of our dear leader's multi-thread campaign.

Didn't scream Beckham to me. I thought it was more Rooneyesque?

I sometimes abandon starting new threads for fear of being labelled a duplicator.

Unread 24-09-2015, 09:45 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
You mentioned that in the other thread, not really supporting the wisdom of our dear leader's multi-thread campaign.

Didn't scream Beckham to me. I thought it was more Rooneyesque?

I sometimes abandon starting new threads for fear of being labelled a duplicator.
new threads always attract detractors in the first page. If you have the stomach to put up with waynes ears and some forced gifs, you might hit pg2 and then blam. You've hit paydirt.

Unread 24-09-2015, 11:24 AM
ryanMUFC

Every £#%&!er near me recorded it. When he types his name into youtube, he'll be able to watch his first united goal at every angle from the stretford end.

Unread 24-09-2015, 11:31 AM
jem

if you wanted to be picky, a better wall would have stopped it. but they didn't.

I though his all round performance was pretty good - a nice balance between trying to impress and just playing a good solid game. sure, he did try to take on the right back (when isolated) too many times without much success, but then he's not really a winger, is he?

if herrera and mata get injured, I'd rather have him playing than fellaini, who still managed to stand out as an ungainly clown.

Unread 24-09-2015, 11:34 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Every £#%&!er near me recorded it. When he types his name into youtube, he'll be able to watch his first united goal at every angle from the stretford end.
modern football at its worst

Unread 24-09-2015, 11:52 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
modern football at its worst
Can't get my head round it.

Unread 24-09-2015, 12:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if you wanted to be picky, a better wall would have stopped it. but they didn't.

I though his all round performance was pretty good - a nice balance between trying to impress and just playing a good solid game. sure, he did try to take on the right back (when isolated) too many times without much success, but then he's not really a winger, is he?

if herrera and mata get injured, I'd rather have him playing than fellaini, who still managed to stand out as an ungainly clown.
He is good at winning high balls into our area, long punts from the 'keeper or centre backs (which actually came in handy at one point last year), chesting and little lay offs. Apart from that he is an utter waste of space.

Unread 24-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He is good at winning high balls into our area, long punts from the 'keeper or centre backs (which actually came in handy at one point last year), chesting and little lay offs. Apart from that he is an utter waste of space.
Is a ball clearly played to a player a 'punt'?

Unread 24-09-2015, 12:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Is a ball clearly played to a player a 'punt'?
Depends. If it's Blind it's a pass; Smalling, it's a punt.

Unread 24-09-2015, 01:00 PM
saffers

Pereiras talent was obvious.

Lots writing him off when it looked like he was leaving.

Unread 24-09-2015, 04:11 PM
believe

Amazingly. I don't think he's good enough to make the step up from th reserves/carving cup side to make himself a regular fixture in the first team.

Unread 24-09-2015, 05:45 PM
92ToBury

Cool

"I asked Juan for the ball and he gave it me. We’ve been practising together and he trusted me."
Closed Thread