United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would you be happy with Saudi owners?
Yes 24 31.17%
No 53 68.83%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2022, 11:17 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
If you can't beat em, join em...
I think your right we have no choice, unless of cause, Sir Jim Ratcliff finds the money he needs as that would be the ideal senario

Unread 23-11-2022, 11:25 PM
dunk

Just got a twitch..

Unread 23-11-2022, 11:41 PM
Joe Biden

Look at the seethe already

Come on you beautiful rich Arabian bastards, show us your £#%&!ing money!

Unread 23-11-2022, 11:50 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Dubai owner would not dwarf Abu Dhabi.
Will be very surprised if this goes to singular sovereign owner. Let's see.

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:02 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’m not sure there is an acceptable owner out there that could do the necessary.
Unless there's some magical consortium that can come together to buy United you're looking at

1) Middle eastern/foreign royalty
2) Tech Billionaire

That's about your options really. A 6 billion dollar sports club is not going to be sold to anyone else realistically.

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:13 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
It's bad enough those who've found their tongue when it comes to the Saudis after waving through the city mob for the last decade or whatever. If it takes us to force the authorities to ban oil @#%&!s I'm all for it, they are beyond horrific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’m not sure there is an acceptable owner out there that could do the necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Unless there's some magical consortium that can come together to buy United you're looking at

1) Middle eastern/foreign royalty
2) Tech Billionaire

That's about your options really. A 6 billion dollar sports club is not going to be sold to anyone else realistically.
True.

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:35 AM
Fat Al

Of course, we're assuming that a) the Glazers want to sell a controlling stake in the club and not just enough to generate cash but allow them full control & b) their asking price is met.

They could just let the speculation rumble on for a few months & then say "No-one stumped up the cash, so we'll hold onto the club" and the £#%&!ing decline will continue.

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:37 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Of course, we're assuming that a) the Glazers want to sell a controlling stake in the club and not just enough to generate cash but allow them full control & b) their asking price is met.

They could just let the speculation rumble on for a few months & then say "No-one stumped up the cash, so we'll hold onto the club" and the £#%&!ing decline will continue.
This isn’t like Chelsea where they had to sell quickly. They’re in no rush to sell and they’ll want what they’re asking for.

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:39 AM
browser

Anything but oil money please. I genuinely think I’d rather keep the Glazers. It invalidates the club.

City, PSG, Newcastle, and us.

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:40 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Anything but oil money please. I genuinely think I’d rather keep the Glazers. It invalidates the club.

City, PSG, Newcastle, and us.
Esteemed company. The slave left too soon: he would have felt right at home.

Unread 24-11-2022, 01:25 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'd be appalled with that kind of owner tbh but you can bet your ***s all those who've spent a decade making excuses for city would suddenly find it outrageous.
Yep. Ultimately Dubai is much western than Saudi Arabia is so anybody against them even showing interest can eat shit.

Unread 24-11-2022, 01:39 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

But the reason they are selling is because they think they are at the point of maximum value, they might not get what they ask for now but if they wait then they assume they will also not get what they want. It’s only going to depreciate unless something drastic happens and the global outlook for the next year and beyond is not optimistic.

Unread 24-11-2022, 07:00 AM
westcoastvan

I hope the rumours of a Dubai bid coming in are true.

You don't want them buying up Liverpool. I just can't see how Manchester United could remain competitve if they are surrounded by three historical rivals (Liverpool, Manchester City, and Newcastle) all a wash in unlimited cash.

Fingers crossed that Dubai makes the Glazer's an offer they can't refuse.

Unread 24-11-2022, 07:06 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
But the reason they are selling is because they think they are at the point of maximum value, they might not get what they ask for now but if they wait then they assume they will also not get what they want. It’s only going to depreciate unless something drastic happens and the global outlook for the next year and beyond is not optimistic.
Yup. The top is in and the yanks know it. It's no coincidence that us and Liverpool are on the block at the same time.

Unread 24-11-2022, 10:12 AM
Arnold Muhren

Oil club teams and the assets of their respective holding companies:

City: Abu Dhabi Investment Authority - £708bn
Newcastle: Public Investment Fund (Saudi Arabia) - £580bn
PSG: Qatar Investment Fund - £450bn

Other players who haven’t bought a team…yet:
Kuwait Investment Authority - £708bn

Investment Authority of Dubai - £308bn
Jim Ratcliffe - £20bn and a LMTB from 1983

Unread 24-11-2022, 10:16 AM
Joe Biden

Dubai reds

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:08 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Fingers crossed that Dubai makes the Glazer's an offer they can't refuse.
and they refuse.

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Oil club teams and the assets of their respective holding companies:

City: Abu Dhabi Investment Authority - £708bn
Newcastle: Public Investment Fund (Saudi Arabia) - £580bn
PSG: Qatar Investment Fund - £450bn

Other players who haven’t bought a team…yet:
Kuwait Investment Authority - £708bn

Investment Authority of Dubai - £308bn
Jim Ratcliffe - £20bn and a LMTB from 1983
Saudis 580bn !?!

Yeah ok

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:28 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Saudis 580bn !?!

Yeah ok
I assumed that was 2021-2022 portion of oil profits set aside for vanity projects

NGL - the Saudis have played a blinder with the wrestling. Paid loads of money, gets all the big names in and is a big, decent event now.

Unread 24-11-2022, 12:29 PM
dunk

£308bn feels like plenty tbf.
Closed Thread