United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-10-2022, 10:34 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I thought we won ??

There was people hoisting white flags on here after 20 minutes. Cowards.

Unread 31-10-2022, 11:15 AM
Ethers

Freak

Unread 31-10-2022, 11:20 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
‘Peppering our goal’ I think Dave made 2 saves all game and both were in the last 10 minutes?

We were definitely tired towards the end, midfield lost all control and composure when Eriksen went off, and with him went any attacking threat somehow

Martinez was superb and Maguire was great last 20, can’t help but feel that he’s at his most comfortable defending crosses in his own area though, which is probably why he looked decent. Dalot’s back post headers were superb. Shaw good throughout up and down the left. Rashford the only threat though, Bruno a bit off yesterday for me.
Peppering was artistic licence. We were holding on against a poor West Ham side - at home - with our keeper needing to pull off two saves of the season. Players surrounding the keeper at the end and jumping on his back suggests there was a bit of relief over it.

The win was great and not totally undeserved but a draw wouldn’t have surprised anyone.

I’m massively positive about the new regime but that 2nd half was frustrating. That’s it.

Unread 31-10-2022, 11:26 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

Same here. Listened to Goldbridge whilst building some IKEA furniture.

I'd have taken being 1 point behind 4th place with a game in hand after we got tonked by Brighton.

Is it right we only have 1 league game before the World Cup?

WTAF? It really doesn't have the usual World Cup excitement does it??
Nah mate.

Villa, Fulham and Forestbto come, yet

Unread 31-10-2022, 11:27 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

Same here. Listened to Goldbridge whilst building some IKEA furniture.

I'd have taken being 1 point behind 4th place with a game in hand after we got tonked by Brighton.

Is it right we only have 1 league game before the World Cup?

WTAF? It really doesn't have the usual World Cup excitement does it??
Think most see world cup as a distraction rather than something to look forward to. Summer football still carries an excitement. November not the same, ffs. I wonder how many fans will be able to even go, especially from Europe, given the stupid timing. Hope it's a soulless disaster.

As for us, it's all about the points. Performances will come. Get as many as we can before the travesty in Qatar kicks off and the see how we do after Christmas. Right now we seem to be increasing difficult to beat.

Unread 31-10-2022, 11:32 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Thanks for that, Chris. Jesus Christ.

Unread 31-10-2022, 11:34 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Nah mate.

Villa, Fulham and Forestbto come, yet
Forest is after the World Cup

We play Villa next Thursday in the League Cup, so 3 games before the WC starts

Unread 31-10-2022, 11:41 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
People calling in after a Manchester United game to talk about them, referring to them as United. The shock.

Unread 31-10-2022, 11:47 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Forest is after the World Cup

We play Villa next Thursday in the League Cup, so 3 games before the WC starts
Ah, not as bad as I thought. ?
Sociedad
Villa
Villa
Fulham

Unread 31-10-2022, 12:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
People calling in after a Manchester United game to talk about them, referring to them as United. The shock.
They really are running out of legitimate criticism, aren’t they?

They have been like pigs in shit as we were a laughing stock. This season has reduced them to digging out players for being short, showboating or what name we should be called.

I £#%&!ing love it 👍

Unread 31-10-2022, 12:33 PM
Peter13

Quote:
Sociedad
Villa
Villa
Fulham
We should be winning all these games easily.

Unread 31-10-2022, 12:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter13
We should be winning all these games easily.
Should we?

Sociedad have 100% record and beat us already.Villa away is tough. They’re game-raising #@&%!s at the best of times, never mind with a new manager. Fulham are 8th and have an excellent home record. And this is all in the context of massive fixture congestion.

We CAN win them all, but I don’t expect us to.

Unread 31-10-2022, 01:02 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Should we?

Sociedad have 100% record and beat us already.Villa away is tough. They’re game-raising #@&%!s at the best of times, never mind with a new manager. Fulham are 8th and have an excellent home record. And this is all in the context of massive fixture congestion.

We CAN win them all, but I don’t expect us to.
Bit harsh on Peter. He only said "should", nothing wrong with ambition.

Unread 31-10-2022, 01:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Bit harsh on Peter. He only said "should", nothing wrong with ambition.
Dr Stranger could learn a lot from Peter's laconic posting style as well. Brevity can be a virtue.

Unread 31-10-2022, 01:12 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Sociedad
Villa
Villa
Fulham
I forgot about Sociedad

4 games before the World Cup

Unread 31-10-2022, 01:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Dr Stranger could learn a lot from Peter's laconic posting style as well. Brevity can be a virtue.
"I hope ronaldo plays."

"just £#%&! right off."

Unread 31-10-2022, 01:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
If I started posting in Big Pete’s patented vidiprinter style, everyone would assume I’d been hacked.

Unread 31-10-2022, 10:26 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If I started posting in Big Pete’s patented vidiprinter style, everyone would assume I’d been hacked.
It is the general perception that you have become intoxicated by your own verbosity, indeed.

Anyhow, nice tweet from Carragher to wind Neville up:

Unread 31-10-2022, 11:45 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Banter!