United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
_

Unread 18-10-2022, 02:44 PM
tatty

Try roasted stinging nettles, ideally picked above dog height.

In to the oven with lots of sea salt and vinegar.

Unread 18-10-2022, 02:57 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Vaguely remembered:

Put on oil to make chips. Got distracted. Came back to oil on fire and the fire had caught to a wooden shelf above the cooker. Very hypnotic watching the flames spread and almost engulf me.

Managed to snap out of it and move burning oil outside then put out fire in kitchen.

Never been as close to a full on house fire in my life. The time from the oil is on fire to the kitchen is on fire to I'm probably dying here is nothing.
Came very close to doing this, returned to the kitchen with smoke billowing out of the open chip pan. Gas off, tea towel under the tap then dropped on top of the pan, pan taken outside, all is good. The curiosity got the better of me, I wonder if I take the tea towel off if there will be enough heat for the oil to ignite, whipped tea towel of and whoosh, oil bursts into flame, yes there is

Fire is so bloody fascinating isn't it