United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 31-10-2022, 10:44 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Wow that was incredibly awkward. You can tell he did not want to be on that show. Seemed incredibly pissed off - assume the ticket sales aren't going as well as he hoped.
he doesn't take criticism well at all. He went off the rails after he beat Klitschko and didn't get the big credit he felt he was due. Then he got the hump because interviewers were pulling him up about his homophobic comments in the past.

His legion of devoted fanboys will lap up everything he does because they're idiots but his antics are turning a lot of boxing fans off him lately, mainly because he can't keep himself off social media for 5 mins and that whole retirement fiasco.

Unread 31-10-2022, 01:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he doesn't take criticism well at all. He went off the rails after he beat Klitschko and didn't get the big credit he felt he was due. Then he got the hump because interviewers were pulling him up about his homophobic comments in the past.

His legion of devoted fanboys will lap up everything he does because they're idiots but his antics are turning a lot of boxing fans off him lately, mainly because he can't keep himself off social media for 5 mins and that whole retirement fiasco.
Not this one.

Big fan of his boxing ability, obvs, but he does talk a hell of a lot of shit. You'd have to be an idiot to disagee with that.

Unread 31-10-2022, 04:20 PM
92ToBury

Looks like Carl Froch shares the general fredster sentiment:
"If I could have one last fight it'd be Jake Paul. I'd absolutely smash him to bits, easy. Jake Paul can't fight, he's pretending."

Unread 31-10-2022, 04:24 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

He's a colossal ******* with some good, admirable points.

Reckon he suffers from having nobody around to keep him in check. We all need predators to stop us being nimrods.

Unread 31-10-2022, 04:44 PM
Vedder

Heís giving off Conor McGregor vibes lately. Heís back on the coke too I think

Unread 31-10-2022, 05:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
He's a colossal ******* with some good, admirable points.

Reckon he suffers from having nobody around to keep him in check. We all need predators to stop us being nimrods.
he loves to be loved. And there's nothing wrong with that. But he honestly can't take any sort of criticism and he can't handle being put on the spot with difficult questions, which is quite f***ing rich considering the sheer amount of abuse he dishes out to other boxers.

It's why joshua lives in his f***ing head. He absolutely hates the fact that joshua got all the national accolades and attention that he felt he was due.

Unread 31-10-2022, 06:26 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Looks like Carl Froch shares the general fredster sentiment:
"If I could have one last fight it'd be Jake Paul. I'd absolutely smash him to bits, easy. Jake Paul can't fight, he's pretending."
I like froch but I'm not sure what he's getting at here? Jake Paul isn't looking to fight for a world championship is he ffs, he's trying to entertain people. He's brought a lot more people to the sport than froch ever could, he's also a big advocate for a fighters union which is desperately needed especially in MMA.

Unread 31-10-2022, 06:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
I like froch but I'm not sure what he's getting at here?
Itís quite simple Joe - heís saying heíd like to cave Paulís skull in.

Unread 31-10-2022, 06:35 PM
Ethers

Very grateful for all the 11-year old American kids Jake Paul has brought to the sport tbf. What a guy.

Unread 31-10-2022, 06:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Very grateful for all the 11-year old American kids Jake Paul has brought to the sport tbf. What a guy.

Unread 31-10-2022, 07:30 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Boxing needs every fan it can get, it's slowly circling the drain.

Unread 31-10-2022, 07:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Boxing needs every fan it can get, it's slowly circling the drain.
it's been around in one form or another for about 2,000 years mate - i'm sure it'll be fine with or without jake paul

Unread 01-11-2022, 08:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I like froch but I'm not sure what he's getting at here? Jake Paul isn't looking to fight for a world championship is he ffs, he's trying to entertain people. He's brought a lot more people to the sport than froch ever could, he's also a big advocate for a fighters union which is desperately needed especially in MMA.
He called out one of the, if not the, best fighter in the world after beating a former MMA champion who is nearly 50. The reason he keeps avoiding fighting a real boxer is because he knows he will get beaten. Saying that, I think he would beat Tommy Fury but he's more a Z-lister than a real boxer.

As for bring fans to the sport - they're not watching boxing/boxers. They are watching youtube celebrities and some over the hill ex sports professionals put on some gloves and windmill at each other. It's a f***ing farce. The equivalent of Soccer Aid without the professionals.

Unread 01-11-2022, 08:19 AM
Joe Biden

Of course he'll get beaten he's not really a f***ing boxer is he, it's entertainment

Unread 05-11-2022, 03:29 PM
M33mike

Anyone on this Dazn card tonight? Bivol v Ramirez is a top fight, womens fight will be good, and Zelfa Barret might get his head knocked clean off

Unread 05-11-2022, 04:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by M33mike
Anyone on this Dazn card tonight? Bivol v Ramirez is a top fight, womens fight will be good, and Zelfa Barret might get his head knocked clean off
yeah i'll have a butchers

Unread 05-11-2022, 05:23 PM
M33mike

Itís an early one as itís in Abu Dhabi. Main event Ringwalks about 9pm I think

Unread 05-11-2022, 05:53 PM
Coracao

Yafai down hard in the first

Unread 05-11-2022, 05:55 PM
Joe Biden

Will watch the main event not too fussed on the undercard