United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2021, 09:56 AM
dunk

Thumbs up The Big Breakfast

Anyone see the one off special this morning?

Excellent TV. Nothing like a bit of vaguely organised live chaos in the morning. They should bring it back properly.

Unread 10-09-2021, 09:59 AM
Whip Hubley

Missed it, but used to watch it pretty much every day before school. The Chris Evans/Gaby Roslin combo were halcyon days but Johnny Vaughan and DVO were decent.

Unread 10-09-2021, 10:02 AM
dunk

Between this and the many live Kids TV shows at the weekend, Motormouth, SMTV, Going Live etc. We were properly spoiled in the 90ís. Golden age of nonsense morning TV nqat.

Unread 10-09-2021, 10:06 AM
puressence

Absolutely love aj. Sheís stunning

Unread 10-09-2021, 10:21 AM
believe

Iíve always really liked Chris Evans and understood why there was so much hatred directed at him. I think the most of us on here would have been teens going in to our late teens in the 90ís and everything was just cool about it.

Shame we all turned out to be miserable f***ers

Edit: never understood

Unread 10-09-2021, 10:22 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Iíve always really liked Chris Evans and understood why there was so much hatred directed at him.
Made a great Captain America.

Unread 10-09-2021, 10:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Iíve always really liked Chris Evans and understood why there was so much hatred directed at him. I think the most of us on here would have been teens going in to our late teens in the 90ís and everything was just cool about it.

thatís life for you I suppose.

Thereís something to be said for the olden days when 40 was considered a good innings..

I always liked Evans, even when he was on Radio 2, all the shit he got just seemed excessive tbh.

Unread 10-09-2021, 10:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

I liked him, he was a personality at least. There's a lot of beige, one note presenters on tV these days.

Unread 10-09-2021, 10:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I liked him, he was a personality at least. There's a lot of beige, one note presenters on tV these days.
Thereís not a lot of fun on TV at all now.

TBB
Donít forget your toothbrush
TGIF

Classic television that everyone loved at the start and pretended they hated by the end

Unread 10-09-2021, 10:32 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Thereís not a lot of fun on TV at all now.

TBB
TGIF

Classic television that everyone loved at the start and pretended they hated by the end
On the presumption you're referring to the TV show TFI Friday and not the popluar fast food dine in chain, TFI was an absolute weekly staple after school. Was great for the most part, aside from the odd forced humour sketch. Mostly had decent bands on as well.

Unread 10-09-2021, 10:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
On the presumption you're referring to the TV show TFI Friday and not the popluar fast food dine in chain, TFI was an absolute weekly staple after school. Was great for the most part, aside from the odd forced humour sketch. Mostly had decent bands on as well.
Thatís the one

Unread 10-09-2021, 11:12 AM
silv

Unread 10-09-2021, 11:24 AM
Knockers

Zig and Zag were top reds.

Rick Astley was on once. Chuntering on about something boring.

Zig or Zag said: Iím going to say a word, Rick. Does this mean anything to you? The word is ****er.

Unread 10-09-2021, 11:52 AM
Chorlton74

didn't mind TBB when Joe Mangel hosted it.

You just know the minute TBB went off air that particular day, Hutchence rattled Yates senseless.

TFI lost its spontaneity the minute Shaun Ryder finished singing Pretty Vacant, as did live tv after that.

Unread 10-09-2021, 12:35 PM
Switching Off

Saw the Boylie episode again on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. Proper shit

Unread 10-09-2021, 05:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Cracking theme tune too.

Unread 10-09-2021, 07:10 PM
Poop

Bloody loved Van Outen back in the day

Unread 10-09-2021, 07:18 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Didn't he have a massive fall out with his Breakfast 'Crew' when one of them said the wedding video of Billy Piper being led down the aisle to marry Evans was akin to the CCTV footage of Jamie Bulger being taken?
(He was 34 & she was 19).

Unread 11-09-2021, 07:35 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Bloody loved Van Outen back in the day

Absolute saucepot. Got the twinkle.

Still has it if you seen her on Celebrity Gogglebox.

Unread 11-09-2021, 07:52 AM
Sapien

Hated it first time round. Bunch of paid acolytes laughing like hyenas at his shit jokes.
Closed Thread