United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Money
_

Unread 05-01-2021, 10:30 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Ker-ching...!
Had to sell a while back even though I knew it was going to increase in value. Still, the money got me through some tough times.

Lost about a quarter-million not being able to hang on.

edit: cheapest I bought at was $59.30

Unread 05-01-2021, 11:50 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Had to sell a while back even though I knew it was going to increase in value. Still, the money got me through some tough times.

Holy shitballs captain.

When needs must though.

Unread 05-01-2021, 11:52 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Wow

Unread 05-01-2021, 11:59 AM
Lok

Quote:

I used to work with a guy who wouldn't shut up about it. It was about $50 back then. He was trying to mine but was also buying. He was telling anyone who would listen to buy.

He got out when it hit $1k and made good money (few hundred £k). He'd be a millionaire many times over if he'd stuck to it.

I was tempted at many different price points but it always felt 'too late'. I'm not sure there is a too late any more. We're probably not going to see it go up 4-5x in a year any more but it's certainly sticking around.

I'm using it as a more stable currency for holding crypto (to avoid transfer fees). I transfer to riskier currencies (e.g. Loopring) for quick gains and then convert back to Bitcoin when I think they've peaked. If you catch a hot one, you can get 10% in a day by frequently converting between them.

Unread 05-01-2021, 12:08 PM
armchair

If you use google sheets and are tracking Bitcoin/Ethereum these functions keep prices up to date*.

=GoogleFinance("CURRENCY:BTCEUR")
=GoogleFinance("CURRENCY:ETHEUR")

I'm almost 100 euros up today

*Quotes are not sourced from all markets and may be delayed up to 20 minutes. Information is provided 'as is' and solely for informational purposes, not for trading purposes or advice.

Unread 05-01-2021, 12:42 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I used to work with a guy who wouldn't shut up about it. It was about $50 back then. He was trying to mine but was also buying. He was telling anyone who would listen to buy.

He got out when it hit $1k and made good money (few hundred £k). He'd be a millionaire many times over if he'd stuck to it.

I was tempted at many different price points but it always felt 'too late'. I'm not sure there is a too late any more. We're probably not going to see it go up 4-5x in a year any more but it's certainly sticking around.

I'm using it as a more stable currency for holding crypto (to avoid transfer fees). I transfer to riskier currencies (e.g. Loopring) for quick gains and then convert back to Bitcoin when I think they've peaked. If you catch a hot one, you can get 10% in a day by frequently converting between them.
f***inghell Lok, that's what nearly every crypto trader does

All the alt-shit-coins should be used for (other than a few of the decent ones) is to up your BTC sat level. USDT is another way of trading from say BTC into that if you want to temporarily just 'cash out' as it's tethered to the USD price. Can be useful if it's dropping like f*** or whatever and you want to chill for a bit until the bounce.

Unread 05-01-2021, 12:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I'm not sure there is a too late any more.
I can remember when you could buy a castle for £1,000. now, you get a cupboard for £1mio. the property market is always about to collapse.

Unread 05-01-2021, 12:56 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

All the alt-shit-coins should be used for (other than a few of the decent ones) is to up your BTC sat level. USDT is another way of trading from say BTC into that if you want to temporarily just 'cash out' as it's tethered to the USD price. Can be useful if it's dropping like f*** or whatever and you want to chill for a bit until the bounce.
I'm obviously green to this, I'm not pretending otherwise.

I've passed the paper trading stage and am now at the 'little money' stage (<£1k). I'm seeing how I react to changes emotionally and will continue to up the stakes and monitor how reactive I am (positively or negatively). If still happy I'll up it to big stakes.

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:17 PM
tatty

Bitcoin does seem to bounce off some pretty obvious technical levels; is that what you trading guys use?

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:18 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

Do they ? Iíve just sat on mine and 3 years later Iíve broken even

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:29 PM
Cream

Quote:
Wow
I donít understand what the Bitcoin price is then. If itís 20 odd quid now, how is armchair a billionaire buying at 50 quid?

I need to learn all this pretty fast coz I aim to be a full time trader v soon.

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I donít understand what the Bitcoin price is then. If itís 20 odd quid now, how is armchair a billionaire buying at 50 quid?

well, there's the problem....

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:35 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, there's the problem....

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:37 PM
Sapien

Quote:

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:43 PM
Kent Brockman

FFS, I'm surprised you can access the internet.

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:46 PM
Cream

1 Bitcoin = $23

I know the value is astronomical now, so why is google lying to me?

If any of you have 1 Bitcoin for sale I will pay $50 for it. NQA.

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:49 PM
jem

Quote:
1 Bitcoin = $23
£23k ($32k), dumbass.

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:50 PM
waynes ear's

can someone thread ban this cretin please? Will pay in BTC for it to happen

Unread 05-01-2021, 01:56 PM
Lok

Stupid Newbie Question #3: Where's the best place to see a snapshot of the biggest gainers over the last hour (not 24 hours).

Unread 05-01-2021, 02:05 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
£23k ($32k), dumbass.
Whatever. Doesnít change the fact that itís claiming 1 coin equals a billion times less than it actually does.

Maybe finance chat isnít for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Stupid Newbie Question #3: Where's the best place to see a snapshot of the biggest gainers over the last hour (not 24 hours).
The tea thread.