United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
_

Unread 18-11-2022, 08:21 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Was in a Spoons last night queuing for the bar as they were short on bar-staff. Just as I got served some other bar worker opened a till and some older bloke walked up and ordered two pints - there were about 6 people behind me.

I had to go over and tell him he'd jumped the queue and that there were people waiting and he just said "oh, sorry" and continued with his order. p**** - people like that boil my piss. Rude.
You don't queue at a bar. In fact it's been mentioned on this very thread.

Unread 18-11-2022, 08:23 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
You don't queue at a bar. In fact it's been mentioned on this very thread.
but what you do is respect the 'order' to which you find yourself at a bar surely?

Unread 18-11-2022, 08:24 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
The local newspaper being put through late at night (anytime after 8... )
Postman doesn't deliver here before 5pm, multiple weekly aneurysms/outbursts for CQ

Unread 18-11-2022, 08:38 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Was in a Spoons last night queuing for the bar as they were short on bar-staff. Just as I got served some other bar worker opened a till and some older bloke walked up and ordered two pints - there were about 6 people behind me.

I had to go over and tell him he'd jumped the queue and that there were people waiting and he just said "oh, sorry" and continued with his order. p**** - people like that boil my piss. Rude.

He must have thought you were an absolute c***.

Unread 18-11-2022, 08:46 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
but what you do is respect the 'order' to which you find yourself at a bar surely?
There is a name for people who do that. Thirsty.

Unread 18-11-2022, 08:48 PM
silv

Quote:

spoons? humble brag alert

Unread 18-11-2022, 08:54 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

He must have thought you were an absolute c***.
If he's prepared to iron mask it to the bar and not give two shits then I don't give a f*** what he thinks the selfish c***.

Unread 18-11-2022, 09:01 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
If people don't know the rules of being served at a bar that's on them.

Unread 19-11-2022, 09:23 AM
Dr Stranger

Chefs thinking that cutting a steak in front of you, dangling a bit into your mouth and then stabbing the knife into the bread board theyíve given you instead of a plate is cool.

Unread 19-11-2022, 06:47 PM
est.1878

Car in front doing rear wipers to fix condensation on inside rear window

Doesn't affect me or anything, but 5 mins of agrresive internal eye rolling

Unread 19-11-2022, 09:11 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Chefs thinking that cutting a steak in front of you, dangling a bit into your mouth and then stabbing the knife into the bread board theyíve given you instead of a plate is cool.
donít be salty, bae

Unread 19-11-2022, 09:48 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Posh C**ts talking loud in restaurants, Mate, I've no interest in your life so quiet down a bit I like eating out but this lot drive me mad, all the projectioning and shit. Just eat your meal and STFU.

Unread 19-11-2022, 09:58 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Posh C**ts talking loud in restaurants, Mate, I've no interest in your life so quiet down a bit I like eating out but this lot drive me mad, all the projectioning and shit. Just eat your meal and STFU.
subscribed users censoring the word c***.

Unread 19-11-2022, 10:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Not really bothered by the above but I always used to notice my dad spoke really loud on the phone compared to in person - Iíd find it really embarrassing when out in public with him. Realised the other day I do it too now. Is it an age thing?

Unread 20-11-2022, 12:48 PM
guerreiro

Lack of sympathy for catching Covid. All the weak bodied got care packages, check inís, government payouts and (virtual) hugs.

Iíve valiantly held it at bay, finally succumb and no one gives the slightest f***.

Unread 20-11-2022, 02:20 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Lack of sympathy for catching Covid. All the weak bodied got care packages, check inís, government payouts and (virtual) hugs.

Iíve valiantly held it at bay, finally succumb and no one gives the slightest f***.
Thatís because the early version was terrible, and those of us who got it and survived fought a righteous battle against a wicked and evil foe. Youíve got a bit of a cold. Couple of lines of lemsip, youíll be grand.

Unread 20-11-2022, 03:22 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro

I do!

It hasn't disappeared, despite what the covid-deniers claim.

The most important thing is ensuring you are the last link in the chain of transmission. Isolate until negative.

The invisible enemy lies in wait, and we must remain ever vigilant.

Unread 21-11-2022, 06:22 AM
shenwen

This finger heart thing. Don't know how popular it is over there, but it's everywhere here. Actually makes me angry, especially when it's done by some middle aged whitey.

Unread 22-11-2022, 07:59 AM
Poop

'Duvet day movies'

Get absolute f***ed. Been hearing this more and more lately. Basically sat around all day on your sofa under a duvet watching movies.

I can understand stupid f***ing women doing it whilst watching the latest hairbrained Hugh Grant tripe but on the radio this morning there were blokes sending in their lists of favourite movies to watch whilst "curled up with a nice red wine under a duvet".

f*** off. Precious little c***s. They need to be dragged from under their sodding duvets and their balls put in a f***ing vice. And their toes smashed one by one with a big f***ing hammer. See how cosy you are then you c***s

LIVID here tbh. f***ing duvet days ffs.

Unread 22-11-2022, 08:26 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
This finger heart thing. Don't know how popular it is over there, but it's everywhere here. Actually makes me angry, especially when it's done by some middle aged whitey.