Originally Posted by waynes ear's
its not August yet
Alright nostradamus

Unread 02-08-2019, 06:45 AM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
F1 2019 is ace. Got F2 in it as well
Iíve always preferred arcade racers over the more serious racing sims. Ridge Racer rather than Gran Turismo

Unread 02-08-2019, 08:46 AM
waynes ear's

Unread 02-08-2019, 10:24 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Iíve always preferred arcade racers over the more serious racing sims. Ridge Racer rather than Gran Turismo
Wash your mouth out, man

One of the seminal driving simulators

I played it for about 12 hours straight on the original PlayStation

Unread 06-08-2019, 07:07 PM
newsie

Finally bought Red Dead Redemption 2. Spent all of last night installing the f***er, but actually sitting down now to play. It better live up to the hype.

Unread 06-08-2019, 07:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsie
Finally bought Red Dead Redemption 2. Spent all of last night installing the f***er, but actually sitting down now to play. It better live up to the hype.
It's absolutely f***ing shite

Could of had my copy for nowt.

Unread 06-08-2019, 07:11 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Itís an amazing technical achievement and a great story but not sure I actually enjoyed playing it that much
Just be prepared for incredibly slow and sluggish controls

Unread 06-08-2019, 07:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Best game Iíve ever played.

If you enjoy story modes etc I think youíll like it (give it time to get going though)

If youíre more into playing with 6 yr olds online then Iím not sure this will be the game for you.

Unread 06-08-2019, 07:30 PM
waynes ear's

COD4

Shipment DOM

Unread 06-08-2019, 08:22 PM
newsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's absolutely f***ing shite

Could of had my copy for nowt.
Could HAVE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Itís an amazing technical achievement and a great story but not sure I actually enjoyed playing it that much
Just be prepared for incredibly slow and sluggish controls
The controls are already mildly irritating, having to hold buttons down for certain actions is proving to be more difficult than it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Best game Iíve ever played.

If you enjoy story modes etc I think youíll like it (give it time to get going though)

If youíre more into playing with 6 yr olds online then Iím not sure this will be the game for you.
Definitely prefer story modes, played Fallout 4 until my eyeballs dropped out, hours looking for sodding crystal.

Tell me Dutchy dies and I get to take over the gang, I can't take much more of his mither.

The bow and arrow can get out of here, I'm flinging them about all over the place.

Unread 06-08-2019, 08:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Could HAVE.

The controls are already mildly irritating, having to hold buttons down for certain actions is proving to be more difficult than it should be.

Definitely prefer story modes, played Fallout 4 until my eyeballs dropped out, hours looking for sodding crystal.

Tell me Dutchy dies and I get to take over the gang, I can't take much more of his mither.

The bow and arrow can get out of here, I'm flinging them about all over the place.
You havenít played the first red dead have you?

I wonít spoil the ending for you, but this game is a prequel to the first one.

Unread 06-08-2019, 08:33 PM
newsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
You havenít played the first red dead have you?

I wonít spoil the ending for you, but this game is a prequel to the first one.
Nope. Didn't think I'd be in to cowboy stuff, but couldn't really ignore the reviews. And I've played GTA V to death.

Unread 06-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Could HAVE.

Unread 07-08-2019, 06:53 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Epic game, probably the best I've ever played. If you like exploring and doing all the side quests exploration bits then try not to bosh through the story too hard and just enjoy everything it has to offer. You can do all the exploration bits after the story finishes, but it's not the same imo.

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Drexl

Saw there was an update to Half Life 2, lighting and what not, so I installed it for a bit of nostalgia

Entered the station, walked down a corridor, paused for a loading screen.

Walked out of the station, around a fountain, through a door, paused for a loading screen.

Walked down a corridor, into a courtyard, went through a doorway, paused for a loading screen.

{EXIT} {DEL}

Unread 07-08-2019, 10:33 AM
TheFatGoth

RDR 2 probably has the best open world of any game ever. The graphics, attention to detail and immersion is incredible. The story is also fantastic and the voice acting is absolutely top notch.

However, it's not without some issues.

The controls aren't the most intuitve or logical. The pace of the game can at times be mind numbingly slow and whilst the story is great, the missions are extremely linear and you're forced to approach them the way the narrative wants you to.

A LOT of the dialogue takes place during moments of travelling huge distances, it's not TOO bad the first time, but if you're wanting to repeat missions to 3 star them expect to be doing the travel/dialogue scenes over and over again - which is a disgrace tbh.

Like I said in another thread, I've been playing Assassins Creed Origins, and whilst the graphics, AI, story, voice acting and world aren't quite as impressive. It's an absolute joy to traverse around the map without having to constantly tap X to go faster.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:02 AM
elhombre

To take my mind off the monotony of the transfer gossip Iíve downloaded Mario Tennis Aces for the Switch

It is absolutely brilliant fun

Smash Brothers meets Mario Tennis meets Mario Kart

Up there with the latter as the best game Iíve played on any console in ages let alone on the Switch

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:04 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
To take my mind off the monotony of the transfer gossip Iíve downloaded Mario Tennis Aces for the Switch

Up there with the latter as the best game Iíve played on any console in ages let alone on the Switch
Been looking at that dude. You just got the demo or the full thing? Good to play with the mrs?

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:07 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre

My boy wants this

Might have to download it later as I love a good Mario game.

The switch is great fun btw.

Unread 08-08-2019, 07:59 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Been looking at that dude. You just got the demo or the full thing? Good to play with the mrs?
Demo - but will buy it

Iíve not played 2 player yet

But will do

I just think its a really fun game and very quirky and fun