United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming
_

Unread 07-09-2022, 09:48 PM
armchair

Got the spiderman remaster thang that came out recently. I don't know why I bother. I'm too old for this shit.

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:20 PM
sweetleftfoot

Playing Cyberpunk 2077 and enjoying it immensely to be honest.

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Just preordered COD, next weekend, the PS5 beta...

£70

Unread 17-09-2022, 02:33 PM
windy waffles

Stray

You play a cat who has fallen down into this cyberpunk looking world, with androids instead of humans, and you need to get back up to the real world.

It's bloody brilliant. Looks and sounds fantastic. Not a fan of cats eithet but it has me hooked.

Unread 17-09-2022, 02:44 PM
dunk

Thought you sold your PS5 windy?

Nearly finished Guardians of the Galaxy. Really good fun tbf; not a classic by any means but I donít think I couldíve asked much more from a comic book games spanning the galaxy tbh.

Unread 17-09-2022, 02:49 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Thought you sold your PS5 windy?

Nearly finished Guardians of the Galaxy. Really good fun tbf; not a classic by any means but I donít think I couldíve asked much more from a comic book games spanning the galaxy tbh.
I did - playing it on a PS4. Bet it looks even better on the 5.

Unread 23-09-2022, 03:42 PM
Poop

Squad 51 vs. the Flying Saucers (PC)

Stylised old school horizontal shooter. Broke the golden gaming rule in purchasing a game based purely on aesthetics. Not worked out too bad, it looks gorgeous and the devs have nailed the 50's b-movie vibe. I've never really liked horizontal or vertical shooters and the introduction of ludicrous bullet hell mechanics over the past few years put me off them even more. This isn't bullet hell but the fact its graphics are black and white and you have stuff (pretty stuff) going on in the background, foreground and in front and behind you makes it all too easy to get distracted and clipped by an enemy bullet. You have an energy bar so thankfully there are no one hit kills though. I'll stick with it because it looks so damn nice, reckon it'll probably only take an hour or so to complete.

Unread 05-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Drexl

Doom 3

The gunplay is guff, but damn it drips atmosphere. Proper stressful. Best Mars base? Probably

Unread 05-11-2022, 06:36 PM
NedKelly

I played scorn and it was shit. 2/10

Unread 05-11-2022, 06:43 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I played scorn and it was shit. 2/10
Shames that, I liked the look of it

dunk

Played the trial of Horizon: Forbidden West. Mistake. The bastard thing has drawn me in again just love mooching about killing and ransacking places for stuff, any stuff.

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Shames that, I liked the look of it
So was I, which is why Iím so disappointed.

Unread 05-11-2022, 06:48 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Doom 3

The gunplay is guff, but damn it drips atmosphere. Proper stressful. Best Mars base? Probably
Its f***ing horrendous on psvr

Like f*** am I going in there

Unread 05-11-2022, 06:53 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Its f***ing horrendous on psvr

Like f*** am I going in there

It's creeping me out now, on VR it must be terrifying

I'm playing it in the dark, and I honestly keep looking behind me (in real life, as well as in game)

Unread 05-11-2022, 07:00 PM
Poop

Doom3 is one of the most tense games I've ever played. Dark room and headphones (essential), never have there been so many "phews" when I complete a level.

The Mars levels drag a bit but once things start going demonic and you go are transported to hell its amazing. The expansion pack is worth a go too.

id totally ripped off Event Horizon.

Unread 05-11-2022, 08:00 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Doom3 is one of the most tense games I've ever played. Dark room and headphones (essential), never have there been so many "phews" when I complete a level.

The Mars levels drag a bit but once things start going demonic and you go are transported to hell its amazing. The expansion pack is worth a go too.

id totally ripped off Event Horizon.
I got the expansion thankfully, good to hear it's worth a go.

I played Doom 3 when it came out, but I think then I only had a 4:3 CRT monitor. But now, like you say, in the dark, headphones on, on a semi decent rig, it is well stressful.

That shitty little torch that only illuminates about a third of the screen and cuts out after 30 seconds

Unread 07-11-2022, 05:22 PM
Poop

Am replaying Tomb Raider 2013 with a nudie patch. Its absolutely amazing. I'm only about 30 minutes in but have taken about 1700 screenshots. Will probably complete it sometime in 2024

Unread 07-11-2022, 11:23 PM
ragnorak

Playing a lot of Total Warhammer 3 - cracking good time, currently running round the north with a dwarven army kicking the shit out of demons. family fun.

also thinking might break out witcher 3 again, like that game

Unread 16-11-2022, 08:46 AM
Patty_b

Think I can hear Neds head explode from here...

Impeccable timing, was planning to play through it again this weekend. Will put it off a few weeks now.

Unread 16-11-2022, 09:20 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
https://twitter.com/witchergame/stat...mEMciuQjhvjSIQ

Think I can hear Neds head explode from here...

Impeccable timing, was planning to play through it again this weekend. Will put it off a few weeks now.
Exactly what Iíve been waiting for new quests! Ray tracing! I wonder if itíll finally look as good as it did at the initial reveal years ago. Perfect Christmas time gaming inbound looking forward to seeing what else theyíve added and fixed. Apparently they hired modders to work alongside the devs so Iím hopeful itíll be great.

If anyone hasnít played it yet, you know what to do!