United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Reply
 
Unread 20-11-2022, 07:21 AM
Sapien
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Obviously, I agree with that decision but it's bizarre it was a poll.

Not sure if Trump is contractually tied into only posting on his pretend twitter though.
Pretty close vote in the end - 52:48.

Should probably have set a 60% threshold to change his status.
 
Unread 20-11-2022, 10:38 AM
armchair
 
Default

Musk said it was heavily botted. I think it was 80% early on.

Watched this yesterday. Quite interesting on the bot issue.


Seems like getting rid of the bots could actually destroy twitter/insta as so much money is invested.
 
Unread 21-11-2022, 08:29 PM
Arnold Muhren
 
Default

Kanye West is back - just in time for Hanukkah
 
Unread 22-11-2022, 09:30 AM
armchair
 
Default

 
Unread 22-11-2022, 09:37 AM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

Takes 2 years to fire someone in the UK????

New to me....
 
Unread 22-11-2022, 09:45 AM
92ToBury
 
Default

What's that 2-year balls?

As long as you follow the correct process (notifying Redundancy Payments Service, have a consultation period, etc.) you can do it fairly quickly. I've been on both sides of it and the 2-year claim is a lie, presuming they're talking about the UK. If there's no trade union in the place, then employee representatives are usually elected and negotiations are usually 2-4 weeks, depending on the complexity of the situation.
 
Unread 22-11-2022, 09:48 AM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Takes 2 years to fire someone in the UK????

New to me....
First I've heard of it......
 
Unread 22-11-2022, 10:07 AM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
What's that 2-year balls?

As long as you follow the correct process (notifying Redundancy Payments Service, have a consultation period, etc.) you can do it fairly quickly. I've been on both sides of it and the 2-year claim is a lie, presuming they're talking about the UK. If there's no trade union in the place, then employee representatives are usually elected and negotiations are usually 2-4 weeks, depending on the complexity of the situation.
Yep, consultation period is 30 days for over 20 employees and 45 days for over 90, or something like that, can't remember the exact number of employees for each period. Even that can be shortcut if the affected employees are in agreement. If it's less than 20 employees (might be 25) then I don't even think the 30 day consultation period applies.

On top of that you will have to continue to employee those losing their jobs, or give them payment in lieu, for their notice period, which may well be 90 days in some cases, so the maximum time from announcement to everybody out the door is very unlikely to be more than six months.
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 09:39 PM
Ethers
 
Default


Shocked.
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 12:58 AM
TravellingRed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
First I've heard of it......
Because its bullshit. You can "fire" someone with no notice. If it's a redundancy it's more like 90 days or something.
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 03:10 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He's such a crybaby

Isn't Apple choosing where to spend its money the embodiment of free speech? Or does he feel they should be compelled to spend on Twitter?
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 03:50 AM
Joe Biden
 
Default

He's exposing apples snide appstore rules so he's okay with me.
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 04:00 AM
Chris Quayd
 
Default

Since when have Apple been arsed about free speech? They’re in bed with China
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 05:01 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
He's exposing apples snide appstore rules so he's okay with me.
Exposing something you already knew?

Genius
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 05:26 AM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He's such a crybaby

Isn't Apple choosing where to spend its money the embodiment of free speech? Or does he feel they should be compelled to spend on Twitter?
He proved this when he said he won't let Alex Jones back onto the platform because he draws the line at profiteering off dead kids, because he's experienced the pain of losing a child.

I agree with the sentiments, Alex Jones can f*** off. But It's funny how much of a free speech advocate Musk is... Right up until that free speech affects him personally, then it's ok to dish out bans and outcast people from his public square.
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 06:57 AM
Joe Biden
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Exposing something you already knew?

Genius
Not everything has to be genius. Sometimes the simple things work best.
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 09:58 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Not everything has to be genius. Sometimes the simple things work best.
You're baiting me for the tap in response aren't you?

 
Unread 29-11-2022, 10:09 AM
Surfers do Charlie
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Because its bullshit. You can "fire" someone with no notice. If it's a redundancy it's more like 90 days or something.
You should try firing someone within the NHS.

It's easier and quicker just to wait for both parties to die and/or retire.
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 10:32 AM
Big Norm
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
You should try firing someone within the NHS.

It's easier and quicker just to wait for both parties to die and/or retire.
Absolute nonsense. Public sector workers do not have any more employment rights than private sector ones. Normally the process can take longer if they are a union member as they will obviously get representation to ensure the process is followed correctly.
 
Unread 29-11-2022, 11:55 AM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You're baiting me for the tap in response aren't you?

it felt too obvious or I'd have done it myself.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Elon Musk saves $44bn
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United fans send Elon Musk plea to take over from Glazers fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 15-04-2022 05:00 PM
Man United fans urge Elon Musk to ditch $41bn bid to take over Twitter and buy their club instead fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 15-04-2022 12:40 PM
Big Elon Gets Off Knockers News, Current Affairs & Politics 30 08-12-2019 11:56 AM
SpaceX, Musk 2023 Bunker Buster Science & Technology 45 18-09-2018 04:06 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.