United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 12:28 PM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
First thing Apple would do is jack up ticket prices by about 30%.

Can't see them being interested at all, only football tv rights.
I don't see Apple's motivation to buy. Isn't it the lack of potential for increased TV rights that is making all the yanks sell? United live and exclusive on Apple TV would do wonders for their subscription numbers, but right now isn't a remotely realistic option.

And it's not like Apple needs the match day/commercial revenue.

Can't see it.
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 01:10 PM
Wayne Jenkins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I don't see Apple's motivation to buy. Isn't it the lack of potential for increased TV rights that is making all the yanks sell? United live and exclusive on Apple TV would do wonders for their subscription numbers, but right now isn't a remotely realistic option.

And it's not like Apple needs the match day/commercial revenue.

Can't see it.
Exactly. I could see them going for domestic/foreign PL rights and adding another tier to Apple TV Plus. But I think this is just tabloid bullshit.
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 01:16 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
First thing Apple would do is jack up ticket prices by about 30%.
Very likely whoever comes in.

Should be 20 quid in and then your card gets debited another 10 at full time if the HR of 10 selected garmins goes above 120 more than 5 times in the 90.

Actually, that would include moments of seeth wouldnt it. Need a rethink
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 01:31 PM
programmes?
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Very likely whoever comes in.

Should be 20 quid in and then your card gets debited another 10 at full time if the HR of 10 selected garmins goes above 120 more than 5 times in the 90.

Actually, that would include moments of seeth wouldnt it. Need a rethink
I've read that 5 times. Does not compute
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 01:38 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
I've read that 5 times. Does not compute
Multitasking badly

Basically should pay based on entertainment value, measured by fans heart rate
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 01:44 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
First thing Apple would do is jack up ticket prices by about 30%.

Can't see them being interested at all, only football tv rights.
Yeah, but your seat would be upgraded to very month or so, adding absolutely nothing of note or that you wished it had beforehand.
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 01:48 PM
tatty
 
Default

As long as the buyer has the finances to complete everything that needs doing at the club then I really don't care who they are.

The time for being pious about ownership is long gone.
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 02:03 PM
programmes?
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Multitasking badly

Basically should pay based on entertainment value, measured by fans heart rate
Ah, I see.

Via an Apple Watch thingy, I assume. If you don't own one, you're shot dead at the turnstile.
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 02:05 PM
Drexl
 
Default

Apple should buy united and produce a football that has cameras in it so fans can watch the game from the POV of the footie.

Call it the I-ball
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 02:42 PM
waynes ear's
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Apple should buy united and produce a football that has cameras in it so fans can watch the game from the POV of the footie.

Call it the I-ball
Log out
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 02:44 PM
Wayne Jenkins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
As long as the buyer has the finances to complete everything that needs doing at the club then I really don't care who they are.

The time for being pious about ownership is long gone.
Agreed. Would rather a super rich d***head than a cheap Glazer-type d***head.
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 02:48 PM
Drexl
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Log out
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 03:09 PM
Joe Biden
 
Default

Save us dubai
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 03:41 PM
Surfers do Charlie
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Exactly. I could see them going for domestic/foreign PL rights and adding another tier to Apple TV Plus. But I think this is just tabloid bullshit.
The Daily Star is literally the only source for this story
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 04:54 PM
Wayne Jenkins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
The Daily Star is literally the only source for this story
Sounds about right
 
Unread 28-11-2022, 04:57 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie
The Daily Star is literally the only source for this story

 
Unread 28-11-2022, 06:39 PM
windy waffles
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen


It's like Katie Price walking in a club and getting all the attention. And then in comes Emily Ratajkowski.
 
Unread 30-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Joe Biden
 
Default



 
Unread 30-11-2022, 07:30 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Not much in there to back the headline up is there? we can hope
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Manchester United Football Club could finally be sold by its American owners
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United owners the Glazers exploring 'takeover' of Indian football club fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 24-05-2022 03:40 PM
How do the American owners who tried to rip the heart out of football come back from this? fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 22-04-2021 07:00 PM
Ex-Derby owner Gadsby lambasts club's American owners fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 28-07-2008 02:11 AM
Ex-Derby owner Gadsby lambasts club's American owners fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 27-07-2008 11:20 PM
Football: American investors confirmed as new Derby owners fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 28-01-2008 09:40 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.