United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2022, 10:21 PM
dunk

Football Lionel Messi to Inter Miami

For next season…

Truly the last season of the Ronaldo and a Messi era.

We’ve been fortunate to live it, nqat.

Unread 27-11-2022, 10:23 PM
Vedder

Managed by Phil Neville

Unread 27-11-2022, 10:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Not having that

Unread 27-11-2022, 10:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Managed by Phil Neville
‘’managed by’’

Unread 27-11-2022, 10:26 PM
Pop

Fair to say he was an absolute disaster of a signing for PSG.

Unread 27-11-2022, 10:29 PM
Joe Biden

He was horrendously bad vs Mexico apart from the goal past that t-rex

Unread 27-11-2022, 11:24 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Fair to say he was an absolute disaster of a signing for PSG.
He’s been decent this season hasn’t he? Surprised he’d go to America tbh. Think he still has another season or two in him in Europe, whether it’s in France, back in Spain or even somewhere like Juve. Hardly like France is an arduous league - I’d say it’s perfect for an ageing player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
He was horrendously bad vs Mexico apart from the goal past that t-rex
“Horrendously bad” is a bit ott.

Unread 27-11-2022, 11:31 PM
armchair

He'd be great at a side completely built for him. 9 workaholic runners and him. His problem at psg was he wasn't the only luxury player. He's the best luxury player in the world atm.

Unread 28-11-2022, 10:03 AM
windy waffles

Being told what to do and how to play by Phil Neville ffs.

Unread 28-11-2022, 10:06 AM
Patty_b

He plays walking football now so it makes sense tbf.

Even walking about all game he'd still piss that league, and I don't think PSG will be willing to have another season of having to play a player that just walks about every match.

Unread 28-11-2022, 10:23 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He plays walking football now so it makes sense tbf.

Even walking about all game he'd still piss that league, and I don't think PSG will be willing to have another season of having to play a player that just walks about every match.
That’s what he’s done for years though. Don’t think I can remember a game where he didn’t spend most of his time off the ball just walking around slowly.

Think there’s more chance of him going back to Barca than going to America.

Unread 28-11-2022, 10:58 AM
Patty_b

But Barca binned him off because all he does is walk, and PSG picked him up because he's Messi and they could

Out of the front three they currently have, it's not Messi that is going to the be the difference betweem them winning the Champions League and not winning it. Imo anyway.

Couple of years of big fat pay days while dominating the league and being closer to home? Seems like a no brainer to me. Even if he does have to tell big Phil when and where he's playing for a year or two.

Unread 28-11-2022, 11:07 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
But Barca binned him off because all he does is walk, and PSG picked him up because he's Messi and they could

Out of the front three they currently have, it's not Messi that is going to the be the difference betweem them winning the Champions League and not winning it. Imo anyway.

Couple of years of big fat pay days while dominating the league and being closer to home? Seems like a no brainer to me. Even if he does have to tell big Phil when and where he's playing for a year or two.
I think history is being rewritten a bit here - iirc Barca were desperate to keep him but couldn’t because of their debt; I’m pretty sure they tried to lower his wage but it’s illegal out there to do so by too much (not sure on exact figure).

I might be wrong and he’ll end up in America but I just can’t see it myself.

Btw I don’t think Messi is the player he once was, I just think he has enough natural ability to be able to play in Europe for a couple more seasons. It’s his wages that are the biggest obstacle so in that respect maybe you’re right and America would suit him.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Ronaldo and Messi were both playing in the same team next year. PSG would absolutely love that.

Unread 28-11-2022, 11:12 AM
Whip Hubley

The Rosario - Bury dream combo
Closed Thread