United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 12-01-2022, 12:25 AM
Sparky***

Default Boxing 2022

Seeing as there's no boxing in the UK until next month, let's start with a few boxing videos for your enjoyment.

Unread 24-01-2022, 02:55 AM
Sparky***

Sounds like Joshua has bottled it

Unread 24-01-2022, 08:39 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Busted flush.

Unread 24-01-2022, 10:20 AM
M33mike

His head is all over the place if you watch his recent interviews. Probably for the best as I donít think anyone would be giving him much of a chance in the rematch, considering he hasnít even sorted his new trainer out yet.

Unread 24-01-2022, 12:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
£15m to NOT get sparked out?

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Unread 24-01-2022, 12:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by M33mike
His head is all over the place if you watch his recent interviews. Probably for the best as I donít think anyone would be giving him much of a chance in the rematch, considering he hasnít even sorted his new trainer out yet.
With the Ruiz defeat he got hit with a good shot and it can happen to anyone at heavyweight. but there's something about being dismantled over 12 rounds that makes a fighter really question what they're doing. He seems to be in limbo at the moment in regards to where he wants to be.

He's in a very precarious position at the moment, if he takes the Usyk rematch and loses badly again (which he probably would) then he's f***ed. He's back down the pecking order again. But if he takes the 15m and then is promised a fight against the winner of Fury v Usyk then at least he's guaranteed a shot at undisputed in the next 12 months.

But it's boxing so who knows what will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Fury wins all the belts and then retires, just to f*** Joshua over.

Unread 24-01-2022, 12:46 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
With the Ruiz defeat he got hit with a good shot and it can happen to anyone at heavyweight. but there's something about being dismantled over 12 rounds that makes a fighter really question what they're doing. He seems to be in limbo at the moment in regards to where he wants to be.

He's in a very precarious position at the moment, if he takes the Usyk rematch and loses badly again (which he probably would) then he's ****ed. He's back down the pecking order again. But if he takes the 15m and then is promised a fight against the winner of Fury v Usyk then at least he's guaranteed a shot at undisputed in the next 12 months.

But it's boxing so who knows what will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Fury wins all the belts and then retires, just to **** Joshua over.

100% hope he does this.

He has more chance of fighting Tommy Fury.

Unread 24-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I donít think heís bottled it, heís just taken the best business decision. Which is expected, because I donít think heís a born fighter.

This way he either fights Fury, which will still be a massive money maker. Or he fights a Usyk whoís just beaten Fury, which will do even bigger numbers than just fighting him now. Plus he pockets £15m.

If he fought Usyk now and gets knocked about again, then the Fury fight might not even ever happen

Just noticed youíve said essentially the same thing further down the thread, sorry

Unread 24-01-2022, 12:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:

He's in a very precarious position at the moment, if he takes the Usyk rematch and loses badly again (which he probably would) then he's f***ed. He's back down the pecking order again. But if he takes the 15m and then is promised a fight against the winner of Fury v Usyk then at least he's guaranteed a shot at undisputed in the next 12 months.

But it's boxing so who knows what will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Fury wins all the belts and then retires, just to f*** Joshua over.
I'd be surprised if the four titles were ever defended outside of a Fury vs Usyk rematch.

Too much politics at play, and the fighters will want to pick their own fights given that they probably aim to have about another five max. No way that Fury defends his belts against all-comers

Unread 24-01-2022, 01:36 PM
puressence

anyone going the kell brook fight ?

Unread 24-01-2022, 01:42 PM
M33mike

Quote:
This is what I think will actually happen. Though I think itís more down to Furyís motivation rather than any desire to f*** Joshua over. Thereís no way Fury is going to start fighting a run of mandatories at this stage in his career.
Providing he beats Usyk that is

Unread 24-01-2022, 01:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
This is what I think will actually happen. Though I think itís more down to Furyís motivation rather than any desire to **** Joshua over. Thereís no way Fury is going to start fighting a run of mandatories at this stage in his career.
Providing he beats Usyk that is
Could actually end his career without ever fighting a mandatory at all

Unread 24-01-2022, 02:39 PM
M33mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Could actually end his career without ever fighting a mandatory at all
He will. Doesnít seem arsed about any fights other than against Joshua and Usyk. By the time itís all sorted out, any rematches have taken place and mandatories get called he will be 36/37.

Unread 27-01-2022, 07:02 PM
Sparky***

Update:

It would appear that Joshua and Whyte will not be stepping aside.

So Fury v Whyte is a go.

Unread 27-01-2022, 07:18 PM
Coracao

Some upcoming fights

29 Jan - Ilunga Junior Makabu v Thabiso Mchunu

5 Feb - Chris Eubank Jr v Liam Williams
5 Feb - Keith Thurman v Mario Barrios
5 Feb - Daniel Jacobs v John Ryder
19 Feb - Amir Khan v Kell Brook
19 Feb- Arslanbek Makhmudov v Mariusz Wach
26 Feb - Josh Taylor vs Jack Catteral
27 Feb - Lawrence Okolie vs Michal Cieslak

5 Mar - Roman Gonzalez vs Julio Cesar Martinez
12 Mar - Leigh Wood vs Michael Conlan
19 Mar - Vergil Ortiz Jr vs Michael McKinson
19 Mar - Jermell Charlo vs Brian Carlos Castano
26 Mar - Kiko Martinez vs Josh Warrington

Unread 27-01-2022, 10:11 PM
M33mike

The makabu v Canelo fight looks dead now Mchunu wouldnít step aside. Thereís talk of him fighting 160 Charlo next. Iíd be happy with that. Would rather he went back to LHW for Bivol or beterbiev though.

Looking forward to Eubank v Williams, think Iím in the minority as I fancy Williams to do a job here. Glad John Ryder is getting a decent fight as heís been treading water since getting robbed against Smith. Also looking forward to the Charlo v Castano rematch, Chocolatito and kiko Martinez hopefully ending Josh Warringtonís career, though o canít see that happening. Keith Thurman can get to f***

Unread 27-01-2022, 10:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The makabu v Canelo fight looks dead now Mchunu wouldnít step aside. Thereís talk of him fighting 160 Charlo next. Iíd be happy with that. Would rather he went back to LHW for Bivol or beterbiev though.

Looking forward to Eubank v Williams, think Iím in the minority as I fancy Williams to do a job here. Glad John Ryder is getting a decent fight as heís been treading water since getting robbed against Smith. Also looking forward to the Charlo v Castano rematch, Chocolatito and kiko Martinez hopefully ending Josh Warringtonís career, though o canít see that happening. Keith Thurman can get to f***
That's if Warrington doesn't decide to headbutt his way through the f***ing fight again.

I'm with you on canelo though. I'd love to see him take on Beterbiev or Bivol at light heavyweight or even Benevidez at Super middle. No interest in watching him at Cruiser tbh.

I see Inoye and Donaire are going to have another scrap, that should be a belter.

Unread 27-01-2022, 10:49 PM
M33mike

Forgot about Benevidez. Was out a few months back, needs to get some momentum back into his career. Yeah Iíd like to see him in with Canelo.

Inoue been fighting shite since signing for top rank, Iíd stay up for the Donaire rematch.

Unread 27-01-2022, 10:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Forgot about Benevidez. Was out a few months back, needs to get some momentum back into his career. Yeah Iíd like to see him in with Canelo.

Inoue been fighting shite since signing for top rank, Iíd stay up for the Donaire rematch.
fighting shite as in badly or just fighting nobodies?

No surprise really, top rank did the same for Fury when he started fighting in the US. Couple of absolute nobodies to look good against.

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:04 PM
M33mike

Nobodies mate. At bantam and super bantam there is Fulton, Figueroa, Nery, Danny Roman, Casimero etc. So many good fights.

Just had a quick look and most of them fighters are with the PBC so maybe itís not all Top rankís fault these fights couldnít be made. f***ing ball ache these cross promotional fights

Edit: suppose Jason Malony isnít a nobody after he beat Donaire