United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 27-01-2022, 11:33 PM
92ToBury

Default 2006/7 season review

Two enjoyable hours:

Unread 28-01-2022, 03:22 AM
Stickman

Absolutely epic season. Enjoyed it even more than 07/08, the adrenalin of chasing down that title was something else.

Unread 28-01-2022, 07:49 AM
AK14

Probably my favourite season supporting United.

For me it came out of nowhere too, from being behind Arsenal and Chelsea for the the previous few season and the Ronaldo/Rooney shit in that summer and the only signing being Michael Carrick I thought we’d struggle.

That first game against Fulham(?) felt like the best we’d played in years and it felt like we were unstoppable at times.

Unread 28-01-2022, 09:19 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

For me it came out of nowhere too, from being behind Arsenal and Chelsea for the the previous few season and the Ronaldo/Rooney shit in that summer and the only signing being Michael Carrick I thought we’d struggle.

That first game against Fulham(?) felt like the best we’d played in years and it felt like we were unstoppable at times.
I remember Chelsea signing Ballack and Shevchenko that summer too. Didn’t think we’d amount to much. Won 12 of our first 13 IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Yeah - Michael Brown nearly broke Giggsys leg

Unread 28-01-2022, 10:09 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I remember Chelsea signing Ballack and Shevchenko that summer too. Didn’t think we’d amount to much. Won 12 of our first 13 IIRC.

https://youtu.be/UNugWnNjwwg
Disgrace that wasn't a sending off.

Unread 28-01-2022, 10:27 AM
Sparky***

It's only when you watch stuff like old season reviews that you realise just how £#%&!ing turgid our football has been for the last 8 £#%&!ing years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Disgrace that wasn't a sending off.
If VAR has done anything good it's that players like Michael Brown, Ben Thatcher etc will soon be eradicated from the game.

Unread 28-01-2022, 10:45 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's only when you watch stuff like old season reviews that you realise just how £#%&!ing turgid our football has been for the last 8 £#%&!ing years.
Do you think that there's also a fair bit to do with the survive at all costs attitude of the lower teams becoming more defensive and aiming for a point rather than trying to win and leaving themselves open?

Granted, we've not got the likes of Rooney and Giggs any more but we can still be entertaining when games are more open, the 9-0 against Southampton, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If VAR has done anything good it's that players like Michael Brown, Ben Thatcher etc will soon be eradicated from the game.
Absolutely. Scum (35 seconds in).

Unread 28-01-2022, 12:15 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

https://youtu.be/UNugWnNjwwg
Bolis my piss that that @#%&! is a pundit on the radio. Despicable @#%&!.