United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: erik ten hag
in 55 55.00%
out 45 45.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 30-03-2024, 11:43 PM
Hyman_Roth

If that’s a team chasing a cl spot which, embarrassingly this year, might extend to 5th spot, then I give up. Presume the manager and players must have given up on that forlorn hope months ago.

We’re going absolutely nowhere under this manager and this current set of players.

Unread 30-03-2024, 11:46 PM
Vedder

Unread 30-03-2024, 11:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedder View Post
80 !!!!

Unread 30-03-2024, 11:57 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
If that’s a team chasing a cl spot which, embarrassingly this year, might extend to 5th spot, then I give up. Presume the manager and players must have given up on that forlorn hope months ago.

We’re going absolutely nowhere under this manager and this current set of players.
There is zero point in us qualifying for the CL with these players.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:01 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin View Post
There is zero point in us qualifying for the CL with these players.
if we qualify for cl, we can get better players

we're not qualifying for cl. we get the worst of both worlds with thursday night dross.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:03 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
no European football so we have more time on the training pitch….

We get worse and worse but somehow he deserves another season?

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:04 AM
armchair

Hopwfully, we miss europe completely, get players into the project of whoever the new manager is.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post

CL went after we lost to fulham. Spurs and Villa will have their £#%&! ups, but no more than we will. We’re not the team to take advantage of their mistakes.

There’s a reason we’re 6th. Our results have been meh, but our performances have been woeful all season. Our general level of play is so poor. We keep waiting for a single result or the return of a player to kick start something, but every positive result is quickly followed by a far more familiarly shite performance

As others have pointed out, we are consistently outplayed and outworked by some of the worst teams in the league. Even when we win, it’s by the skin of our teeth or we’re conceding bucket loads of chances and shots on goals.

Brentford went into today in terrible form. We had our big win against Liverpool. We had players back and options from the bench. There is just absolutely no excuse to be as bad as we were….and even after that, we got away with it and got our smash and grab. All we had to do was see out 3 minutes and do the absolute basics. We lasted two and concede one of the softest goals you could wish to see…and there was still time to spare.

It’s just unforgivable poor and very hard to excuse.

We deserved nothing more from it. We should have lost.

Injuries and the circumstances have made this a very difficult job for ETH, but he is not helping his own cause. He couldn’t send out a team any easier to play through if he £#%&!ing tried.

This conceding of record shots on goals, 80 touches in the box…that’s not the players. That’s an organisational coaching issue. We look absolutely chaotic every week and it’s not a sustainable way to get results. Which is why we rely on moments and being on the right end of them.

Even with an upturn in performance, we won’t get CL football, but we need to see some tangible improvement soon or he can have no complaints if he’s gone in the summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Hopwfully, we miss europe completely, get players into the project of whoever the new manager is.
I think we’re nailed on to finish 6th. I doubt we’ll move from there for the rest of the season

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:24 AM
silv

back to shit again it seems

surely a worthy manager could get more out of this squad?

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:24 AM
Sparky***

I think it's fairly obvious at this stage he's going to get canned in the summer. Top 4 is gone, the only thing we've got on the horizon is a possible FA Cup final vs the best team in Europe who will, if they're feeling in the mood, turn up and wipe the floor with us.

You want to give the manager a chance but these performances week on week are absolutely inexcusable. What must the likes of Brailford and Ratcliffe be thinking as they're watching that shite tonight?

I sympathise with Ten Hag entirely regarding the Ronaldo, Greenwood and Sancho fiascos but ultimately the performances on the pitch are where the rubber meets the road and since last February we have been consistently appalling. The football we play at times is just absolutely dogshit.

Brentford will look at that tonight and wonder how they haven't knocked in 5 or 6 goals. We looked a team completely out of our depth, like a league one side who'd been drawn away in the cup. That's just not acceptable. Maybe in a one off game you could excuse it but this is more or less and weekly occurrence.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I think it's fairly obvious at this stage he's going to get canned in the summer. Top 4 is gone, the only thing we've got on the horizon is a possible FA Cup final vs the best team in Europe who will, if they're feeling in the mood, turn up and wipe the floor with us.

You want to give the manager a chance but these performances week on week are absolutely inexcusable. What must the likes of Brailford and Ratcliffe be thinking as they're watching that shite tonight?

I sympathise with Ten Hag entirely regarding the Ronaldo, Greenwood and Sancho fiascos but ultimately the performances on the pitch are where the rubber meets the road and since last February we have been consistently appalling. The football we play at times is just absolutely dogshit.

Brentford will look at that tonight and wonder how they haven't knocked in 5 or 6 goals. We looked a team completely out of our depth, like a league one side who'd been drawn away in the cup. That's just not acceptable. Maybe in a one off game you could excuse it but this is more or less and weekly occurrence.
Yep. The performance levels are shockingly bad and that’s your bread and butter. You can’t keep relying on moments, subs, luck and turnovers. We’re shocking on the ball and even worse off it. I’m not sure if this is the worst United side I’ve seen, but I’ve never seen one so fundamentally easy to get at and so vulnerable after scoring or conceding a goal. It’s open season on our penalty area.

Most fans think their team is unluckily and laments not having more points. We’re lucky to have the points we have IMO.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:29 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
Tbh our lives were no less fulfilled without all these shite "stats" being spewed up.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:31 AM
armchair

I think we'll get in a stability manager, not a visionary. "Safe pair of hands." Southgate fits the bill but it would be his last job.

Unread 31-03-2024, 12:58 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Unless he’s coming out to apologise for that shit I’m not interested

Unread 31-03-2024, 01:01 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
He doesn't see the problem with conceding 31 shots as long as we get a result We showed resilience, so that's sound. Showed some fight...

Erik mate, this is Manchester United. We're getting into Moyes territory now where he's making out we're underdogs against everyone. It's delusional clap trap.

It's not worked. Decent first season, but he's not a United manager The football is so disjointed and messy. We're feeble and an easy mark. Get rid. Not for Southgate but get rid.

Unread 31-03-2024, 01:05 AM
Chris Quayd

“I would say normally we are good in such circumstances if we score before full-time" - I prefer scoring before full-time also

Unread 31-03-2024, 01:22 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Makes you think.

Unread 31-03-2024, 01:36 AM
Baron

Third season with the Ineos input will hopefully give him a bump, but he’s hardly firing them up or even making big calls. Rashford has no right to be in the team. £80m worth of winger on the bench who can do one thing. Was delighted to see Mount contribute but he went a bit Ince with his celebration, maybe recognise scoring against Brentford is just your job ffs.

We’re appalling to watch. There’s a handful of coaches who’ve transformed their side in two years and haven’t spent £200m - being good to watch isn’t a big ask is it?

Especially against a side that’s lost 14 of their last 18.

Unread 31-03-2024, 01:44 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
but he went a bit Ince with his celebration, maybe recognise scoring against Brentford is just your job ffs.
How dare a player enjoy something. Or a supporter. It is what it is.