United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Fountz

Cool Get a decent reaction against Everton..

..and I can see us back on top by the end of the year.. dare I say it, with a fair wind behind us, we could win every game. Newcastle away early January will be tricky, but, pivotally, this stretch coming up is as easy as we could hope for, and an ideal chance to consolidate and regroup.

In the meantime City have Newcastle at home, Napoli away, Bayern Munich, Liverpool away, Chelsea and Arsenal and then Liverpool at home in the New Year.

The 6-1 hurts badly, but sit tight, this could be the colossal wake-up call required.

First things first, beat Everton.

I have a good feeling about this..

Unread 25-10-2011, 08:47 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default Re: Get a decent reaction against Everton..

yhgr

Unread 25-10-2011, 08:48 AM
no fun

fountz = nero

Unread 25-10-2011, 08:49 AM
dunk

Need to get over the hurdle that is Aldershot first

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:18 AM
MUFC One Love

If we beat Everton we're back to normal and we will have had a good start to the season. Our last few performances haven't been great but results wise it will have been a good start to the season if we win at Everton. It was one game and it was in October, people need to calm down. City are playing right into our hands the way they are getting carried away we've seen it all before. The media build team up to knock them down. If City draw against a smaller team they'll get stick because it's two points dropped and I don't know if City realise that. Imagine it from March-May when you're under pressure every game when you're playing for the title.

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Time For Heroes

Well we should have some 'easy' games coming up, I think we've played all the teams in the top half except Newcastle and Bolton away was the only team in the bottom we've played. City must have some hard games coming up.

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:26 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

city have had one tough game
we've played about 6 of ours
they'll drop at least 7 points in those games

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:26 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Well we should have some 'easy' games coming up, I think we've played all the teams in the top half except Newcastle and Bolton away was the only team in the bottom we've played. City must have some hard games coming up.
Exactly. City will drop points. The scoreline flattered them on Saturday it was just one of them days where it went their way. How many did they score in the last 10 minutes ffs?

People are looking to much into it because it was City. Even with our shit midfield we were on top, we didn't look like scoring but City were not 'blowing us' away. The great thing is they believe they did and the likes of Summerbee are lapping up all the media £#%&!athon, the same media who will crucify them when they drop points.

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:44 AM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Exactly. City will drop points. The scoreline flattered them on Saturday it was just one of them days where it went their way. How many did they score in the last 10 minutes ffs?

People are looking to much into it because it was City. Even with our shit midfield we were on top, we didn't look like scoring but City were not 'blowing us' away. The great thing is they believe they did and the likes of Summerbee are lapping up all the media £#%&!athon, the same media who will crucify them when they drop points.

they could/should of scored ten.

did Hart even have to make a decent save?

nft.

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:47 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten

they could/should of scored ten.

did Hart even have to make a decent save?

nft.
We had 10 men for the 2nd half and we were pushing forward at 1-3 down. Stop making out they turned up and destroyed us 11 v 11.

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Ginners

everton away is always tough, and it being a lunch time kick off doesnt help.

ive got a bad feeling it will be one of them games everton sneak a late winner

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
everton away is always tough, and it being a lunch time kick off doesnt help.

ive got a bad feeling it will be one of them games everton sneak a late winner
I've got a great feeling we'll win by a couple of goals.

I can't help but that defeat on Saturday was a huge wake up call.

Get Berbatov back in the team.

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I've got a great feeling we'll win by a couple of goals.

I can't help but that defeat on Saturday was a huge wake up call.

Get Berbatov back in the team.

Goodison park is the last place you would want to go after losing 6-1, at home.

This could be a southampton away to our Newcastle 5-0.

Berbatov

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:52 AM
El Chalten

Quote:
We had 10 men for the 2nd half and we were pushing forward at 1-3 down. Stop making out they turned up and destroyed us 11 v 11.
whatever makes you happy.

nft.

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Pop

Quote:
Tbf they were lucky as £#%&!. Could easily have been 7-6.

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:55 AM
El Chalten

give it another few days and i swear people will be telling me we won the match. it's like rawk on here sometimes.

nft.

Unread 25-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Tbf they were lucky as £#%&!. Could easily have been 7-6.
We were battering them at 0-1. Had a total of zero shots on goal.

In the first 5 minutes of the match we had 75% of the possession.

Then we were unluckily reduced to 10 men as evans stopped a 1-1 on the keeper which would likely have been 0-2.

But they were all over the shop.

Unread 25-10-2011, 11:15 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Berbatov
Well, one thing he now has going for him is that he is *completely* untainted by Sunday......

He scored in this fixture last season, btw. When he was, in case anybody has forgotten, joint top scorer in the league

Unread 25-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Ginners

berbatov ffs

hes hardly had a look in, i think its obvious fergie doesnt rate him anymore and will look to get rid either in jan or next summer.

Unread 25-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Zorg

It'll be 5-0 to United.
Or possibly Everton.
Closed Thread