Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2018, 05:57 PM
puressence

Nobody cares how dare you be wished happy birthday pathetic @#%&!s

Unread 15-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I’d like to see some footage of them winning football matches regularly.
Y'know what? I'd settle for footage of them playing like the actually give a shit.

Unread 15-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Not sure what wishing your pal happy birthday
That’s not what he was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It’s not though is it

That’s just how players of that generation and from that culture act and dress
Was that also not the same argument with the spice boys in 95?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I will admit I'm in ostrich mode with the rest of the league but do other clubs really have as made "spice boy" style @#%&!s as we seemingly do?

They've got the swagger of a squad of players on top, when we're the worse United side in 30 years.
They may be the worse, but they’re also the richest. And have the support of the people at the top of the club.

Unread 15-12-2018, 06:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You need to be doing the business before you can take the piss mate. Have some respect for the £#%&!ing support who have to watch you stink the place up every week.
I think we need to accept that being active on social media in this way isn't the extravagant behaviour it seems. This is an age where people with absolutely no real public profile offer their thoughts on Twitter etc. It's just the world now and to ask these lads not to take part based on our results is probably a bit detached from reality.

Doesn't stop it being a bit irritating, but perhaps have to accept it as our issue rather than theirs.

Unread 15-12-2018, 06:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think we need to accept that being active on social media in this way isn't the extravagant behaviour it seems. This is an age where people with absolutely no real public profile offer their thoughts on Twitter etc. It's just the world now and to ask these lads not to take part based on our results is probably a bit detached from reality.

Doesn't stop it being a bit irritating, but perhaps have to accept it as our issue rather than theirs.
I’m really not sure what technology has to do with the way people act in public. These people are making a mockery of this club on and off the pitch. We’re the laughing stock of English football atm.

The only people who appreciate it are idiots and trolls.

Unread 15-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I’m really not sure what technology has to do with the way people act in public. These people are making a mockery of this club on and off the pitch. We’re the laughing stock of English football atm.

absolutely 100 percent this.

Unread 15-12-2018, 07:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Dancing/wishing each other happy birthday is hardly an objectionable act, surely? It's the fact they're broadcasting it that bothers you.

But as I say this is the world now, the one they're growing up in. You can bemoan it because it's not the world you grew up in, but it's pointless to really see it as something significant. It's the life of a young person now, and expecting them to put their life on hold because we didn't beat Valencia is hopeless.

The teams you grew up watching went out on the lash after a loss. Just like they did after a win. Probably not with stone faces.

Unread 15-12-2018, 07:11 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
https://twitter.com/RedIssue/status/1073932866558529536

Our transformation into mid 90s Liverpool is now complete.
Saw this earlier and showed the Mrs.

Said this is why I hate the club at the moment. Imagine Roy Keane and Eric Cantona doing that ffs.

Unread 15-12-2018, 07:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
Dancing/wishing each other happy birthday is hardly an objectionable act, surely? It's the fact they're broadcasting it that bothers you.

But as I say this is the world now, the one they're growing up in. You can bemoan it because it's not the world you grew up in, but it's pointless to really see it as something significant. It's the life of a young person now, and expecting them to put their life on hold because we didn't beat Valencia is hopeless.

The teams you grew up watching went out on the lash after a loss. Just like they did after a win. Probably not with stone faces.
No it’s not, it’s the life of a moron. All tech has done is give them an audience.

Quite why people defend/advocate behaviour that Fergie wouldn’t have tolerated for a nano second is beyond me. It’s almost as though we learned nothing from what we were fortunate enough to witness for two decades.

Unless it’s all a wind up of course.

Unread 15-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It’s not though is it

That’s just how players of that generation and from that culture act and dress
That’s the problem. These are grown men, allegedly.

Unread 15-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Saw this earlier and showed the Mrs.

Said this is why I hate the club at the moment. Imagine Roy Keane and Eric Cantona doing that ffs.
They were serial winners though. They took the business of playing for Manchester United seriously and they demanded a standard of themselves and those around them that this current crop of feckless idiots couldn't muster in their wildest dreams. Of course they did crazy shit on the pitch but they gave the club so much we were willing to accept their mistakes, they gave us the greatest moments in our club's history.

This current lot? They've achieved the grand sum total of £#%&! all. All they are is an integral part of the worst manchester united team in 30 years and the worst part is they don't even seem remotely bothered.

They're just not £#%&!ing good enough at the end of the day, it's that simple. But yeah, i'm delighted they're so £#%&!ing deliriously happy after yet another £#%&!ing loss as the club sits 20 points behind City in December and is about to be leapfrogged by Wolves, Watford and Everton. I'd be happy I suppose if i was earning a king's ransom for being £#%&!ing shite at my job as well.

The whole place is a disgusting, ill-disciplined mess and that dressing room resembles a £#%&!ing primary school with a substitute teacher in charge.

Unread 15-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Cream

Quote:
Can't argue with that. Lingard isn't a world-beater though he'd be much better suited to a team that played a more technical football. Don't see much wrong with his attitude on the pitch or professionalism. Same with Rashford, who if anything might be our gutsiest player.

Pogba's probably not a bad lad but his public declarations led by his ego and his agent are hard to take.
As soon as we heard his fat slob of an agent offered him to City - don't ask me how that works btw - we should have engineered his exit.

It's a simple as that for me.

Dancing doesn't bother me Just wish he'd play better before we bin him/he bins us.

Unread 15-12-2018, 08:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No it’s not, it’s the life of a moron. All tech has done is give them an audience.

Quite why people defend/advocate behaviour that Fergie wouldn’t have tolerated for a nano second is beyond me. It’s almost as though we learned nothing from what we were fortunate enough to witness for two decades.

Unless it’s all a wind up of course.
Not sure if we're getting wires crossed here, but my point is younger people are growing up in a world where you share things like this. Dancing and singing happy birthday can't offend you ffs, so it must be the sharing of it. But that's just the modern world.

Fergie wouldn't have been bothered about anything but their attitude towards training and playing. He only took issue with Beckham when he felt it was distracting from his job. I don't think Fergie would have a problem with the attitudes of Lingard or Rashford.

I find Lingard irritating, and for a little while had an issue with these videos when the team had lost. But the world has changed.

Unread 15-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Buck

Doesn't sound like 99ers will be buying JLingz merch for Christmas

Unread 15-12-2018, 08:51 PM
red in cumbria

The main difference between the present United team and the 1990s scouse "Spice Boys" is that the latter did play good football on occasion

Unread 15-12-2018, 09:00 PM
rbw91

Doesn’t matter whether it’s 2018 or 2008 or 1998. It really doesn’t.

One of life’s great truths is that you cannot judge people by what they say, only by what they do.

Social Media is a modern iteration of being able to say stuff, and all Pogba says is “I am a self centred preening @#%&! who is amazing”

What he does is put in half arsed performances for 90 minutes once or twice a week.

Unread 15-12-2018, 09:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbw91
Social Media is a modern iteration of being able to say stuff, and all Pogba says is “I am a self centred preening @#%&! who is amazing
The footballing equivalent of Chuka Umunna

Unread 15-12-2018, 10:05 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Doesn't sound like 99ers will be buying JLingz merch for Christmas
Not unless he starts a go fund me page offering to leave and never come back. That I would gladly contribute to.

Quote:
Not sure if we're getting wires crossed here, but my point is younger people are growing up in a world where you share things like this. Dancing and singing happy birthday can't offend you ffs, so it must be the sharing of it. But that's just the modern world.

Fergie wouldn't have been bothered about anything but their attitude towards training and playing. He only took issue with Beckham when he felt it was distracting from his job. I don't think Fergie would have a problem with the attitudes of Lingard or Rashford.

I find Lingard irritating, and for a little while had an issue with these videos when the team had lost. But the world has changed.
Where the £#%&! is their awareness? You say you had a problem with him doing this shit after losses, but we’re in a permanent state of loss atm so we’re not in total disagreement.

Where I do disagree however is that the world has changed so much in a few decades that it’s unreasonable to expect your players to conduct themselves with the gravitas required of a Manchester United player. If you’re better known for wearing ridiculous clothing or acting the goat on social media than you are as a player, something’s wrong. Lingard, Pogba and their ilk have become synonymous with everything that’s shit about United since Fergie left. Anyone who defends them, deserves them.

Unread 16-12-2018, 11:13 AM
andyroo

Gravitas ffs

Unread 16-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Red Santos

Spice Boys? £#%&!ing CLOWNS more like
Closed Thread