United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Next time I'll write a boring 2000 word essay that no one reads.

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Buck

Dan James is 21. He's been wonderful so far. Rightly getting all the praise but Rashford deserves a lot more respect for what he has done at the same age.

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Dan James is 21. He's been wonderful so far. Rightly getting all the praise but Rashford deserves a lot more respect for what he has done at the same age.

https://mobile.twitter.com/R_o_M/sta...57949734531077
He deserves respect for scoring one goal v spurs and two goals v city despite having played them about 15 times each?

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:43 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He deserves respect for scoring one goal v spurs and two goals v city despite having played them about 15 times each?
It might be the worst argument for a player I’ve ever seen

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

https://mobile.twitter.com/R_o_M/sta...57949734531077
You cant isolate statistics. As a striker he isnt good enough to lead man utd. He has the potential too, but right now he isnt.

No two ways about it. His movement and attacking instincts just dont seem to be there just yet.

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Buck

Quote:
More goals against the top six since his debut than Hazard, Sterling and that £75m lump we bought to block him playing through the middle.

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
More goals against the top six since his debut than Hazard, Sterling and that £75m lump we bought to block him playing through the middle.
It means £#%&! all if he doesnt score against the other 13 teams

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah i'm sure Hazard with his premier league winners medals and Sterling with his two premier league winners medals would much rather have a couple of more goals against Spurs.

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Yeah i'm sure Hazard with his premier league winners medals and Sterling with his two premier league winners medals would much rather have a couple of more goals against Spurs.

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Well you say that, but goals in the big games are fairly hard to come by. Compare him to some older strikers - how many times has Kane scored against City & Spurs for instance?

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well you say that, but goals in the big games are fairly hard to come by. Compare him to some older strikers - how many times has Kane scored against City & Spurs for instance?
I don't know and i don't really £#%&!ing care.

David Bentley scored a hat trick against us for Blackburn. Something Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry never managed.

Does that mean we can compare him to them?

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:51 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Suspect Kane doesn't want to score against Spurs tbf.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Forget kane and hazard and anyone else. Right now we arent in a position to be compared to others. We arent challening for the title.

Right now for manchester united he hasnt played well enough to merit a position to lead the club.

Luckily for him he probably is still our best striker and will get chances , He needs to step up a level or two pretty quick

AK14

Quote:
Blocked him playing through the middle...

But now people are saying he’s better out on the left and isn’t a number 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Suspect Kane doesn't want to score against Spurs tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Next time I'll write a boring 2000 word essay that no one reads.

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Blocked him playing through the middle...

But now people are saying he’s better out on the left and isn’t a number 9

Who said that? Not me.

Ole knows a thing or two about leading the line and it didn't take long for him to conclude Lukaku was not fit for purpose.

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Imagine Sterling at home looking at his domestic treble winners medals:

"None of these mean anything because i hadn't scored two goals against Arsenal by the time i was 21. Both of which were in the same game 5 years ago."

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:55 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Forget kane and hazard and anyone else. Right now we arent in a position to be compared to others. We arent challening for the title.

Right now for manchester united he hasnt played well enough to merit a position to lead the club.

Luckily for him he probably is still our best striker and will get chances , He needs to step up a level or two pretty quick
So he has merited a position to lead the club?

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:56 PM
utd99

I wonder how long it's possible use stats and circumstance to avoid answering the simple question of how well one of our players is performing now.

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Imagine Sterling at home looking at his domestic treble winners medals:

"None of these mean anything because i hadn't scored two goals against Arsenal by the time i was 21. Both of which were in the same game 5 years ago."
I hope rashford comes good. He just doesnt look like a striker who is hungry for goals. For all his pace he should be stretching the defensives of palace , southampton and leicestee more ffs.
Nobody is expecting him to hold up the ball, but as a lone striker if he is struggling to find space against premier league foddee £#%&! me we are in for a long season

Unread 15-09-2019, 01:57 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I wonder how long it's possible use stats and circumstance to avoid answering the simple question of how well one of our players is performing now.
Isn’t he our leading scorer this season?
Closed Thread