United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2021, 06:49 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I don’t know, I’m more sceptical. The news breaks a day after we win 9-0 where he isn’t in the squad . Seems a bit too coincidental, reeks of his agent wanting to keep him relevant and almost take the noise that we won 9-0 without him .
Nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Sell him and Romero, get a green windbreak round Jones and fetch a shotgun, let Mata leave, get a new CB and we're in a much better position.

If his head is here but his heart is elsewhere, then great, he's professional. Up to him to make sure he earns this billy big %@#$&!s move that he thinks he deserves though.
Agree, apart from Mata. Think he'll stay on and move into a coaching role at the club which I'm all for. Seems like a good guy to have on staff and is committed to the club.

Can't wait to get rid of Pogba. He's had a good January for the most part, but then he offered nothing against Arsenal and Sheffield United. And we get snakes coming out at every opportunity to tell everyone how much better than the club he is. He's not world class, he's not worth the trouble and for how well he has done at times in January, we consistently play better when he doesn't start.

Unread 04-02-2021, 08:19 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
The main reason we kept Rooney was because he was the only commercially viable star left at the club.

Pogba was the same.

Now we have Bruno, and Rashers has stepped out of the shadows.

A few more months and we'll have cut ties with the Pogba™ circus.
The reason we kept Rooney was because he was the best player at the club, Pogba isn't even in the top five currently and we're twice as shit as we were back then.

Unread 04-02-2021, 09:18 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Preach.

What Pogba and fat boy did on the eve of the Leipzig game was unforgivable.
Yeah I was finished with Pogba then too. Agent is Pogbas responsibility. He didnt even attempt to put out that fire.

But The Sun puts a shitty article saying hes considering retiring from the national team? That £#%&!er has his Snapchats, Facebook, insta stories ready to go along with a press conference inside about 3.4 seconds after the story breaks. @#%&!

Hope he helps us win a trophy and plays well for the rest of the season. Might get a decent price for him but will not even notice him being sold tbh

Unread 04-02-2021, 10:06 AM
Dasilvatwins

I may be wrong about this, but if pogba leaves on a free doesn’t his fat agent get screwed ? Surely he would make a lot more money if a transfer fee is involved and he can take a portion of commission? If there is no fee etc Man Utd don’t pay out on a thing?

If it’s true they should just run it down and let him go on a free at 29 years old , either that or tell his agent to forfeit some of his heft commission. If Woodward was smart he would realise he holds the keys here , nobody would want to give a 29 year pogba a big 5 year deal, he would get - 3-4 year deal max. so tell his pizza express #@&%! of an agent to sell him now , where he gets a better contract and take a lower commission or nothing

Unread 04-02-2021, 10:39 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I may be wrong about this, but if pogba leaves on a free doesn’t his fat agent get screwed ? Surely he would make a lot more money if a transfer fee is involved and he can take a portion of commission? If there is no fee etc Man Utd don’t pay out on a thing?

If it’s true they should just run it down and let him go on a free at 29 years old , either that or tell his agent to forfeit some of his heft commission. If Woodward was smart he would realise he holds the keys here , nobody would want to give a 29 year pogba a big 5 year deal, he would get - 3-4 year deal max. so tell his pizza express #@&%! of an agent to sell him now , where he gets a better contract and take a lower commission or nothing
No they both get more money if anything.

All transfers are players being tapped up. So it will be agreed that pogba and his fat pig of agent will get a very tasty signing on and commission. As either way the clubs still save money from the transfer fee.

Only time it hurts the player is if for e.g. Pogba had a clause guaranteeing him a % of the transfer fee but I doubt any big clubs have that sort of clause in place

Unread 04-02-2021, 10:42 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Agree, apart from Mata. Think he'll stay on and move into a coaching role at the club which I'm all for. Seems like a good guy to have on staff and is committed to the club.

Can't wait to get rid of Pogba. He's had a good January for the most part, but then he offered nothing against Arsenal and Sheffield United. And we get snakes coming out at every opportunity to tell everyone how much better than the club he is. He's not world class, he's not worth the trouble and for how well he has done at times in January, we consistently play better when he doesn't start.
The only reason I want Mata to leave (coaching role is fine) is so that we accept that we have to get a new playmaker in. I expect he'll make way for Grealish or similar.

Unread 04-02-2021, 10:45 AM
dunk

Quote:
The only reason I want Mata to leave (coaching role is fine) is so that we accept that we have to get a new playmaker in. I expect he'll make way for Grealish or similar.
I'm afraid I've got bad news for you buddy..

Pogba can £#%&! off tbh, good to see him playing well at last, and yes he's probably been injured/unfit since 2019, but sick to the back teeth of the circus and inconsistency. At this point much better to have someone less gifted who can turn in 7/8 out of 10's week in week out and buy some more talent for the attacking positions, imo.

Unread 04-02-2021, 10:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm afraid I've got bad news for you buddy..

Pogba can £#%&! off tbh, good to see him playing well at last, and yes he's probably been injured/unfit since 2019, but sick to the back teeth of the circus and inconsistency. At this point much better to have someone less gifted who can turn in 7/8 out of 10's week in week out and buy some more talent for the attacking positions, imo.
Took your time....

He wasn't the right fit 5 years ago....

Unread 04-02-2021, 03:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
I’ve given VDB a pass this season , hopefully he can grow into that role next year. I would want grealish but not for the price. He has the English player tax on his fee and I’d be surprised if he does get sold that he will go for less than 80 million.

If we have those funds we should be looking towards a top CB or even haaland.

If we can get grealish for about 55-60 then great, if not move onto the next target.

Unread 04-02-2021, 03:58 PM
Vida_15

Pogba is more hassle than hustle and not work the trouble of the circus he brings to the club....sell him, jlingz, jones, romero, mata or james

should be enough money to bring in 2 or 3 quality players and let Pogba do his shit in another country and let their supporters deal with his bullshit and his agents bullshit

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:28 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The reason we kept Rooney was because he was the best player at the club, Pogba isn't even in the top five currently and we're twice as shit as we were back then.
Pls don't contradict.

He was the jewel in our crown. We had already lost Ronaldo and losing Rooney would have looked bad, more than anything.

This boardroom stuff. V high level. You're talking like a groundsman.

Unread 06-02-2021, 09:48 PM
AK14

Obviously fancies a couple of months off again.

Get rid.

Unread 06-02-2021, 09:54 PM
redhegemony

was playing very very well.

Unread 06-02-2021, 09:56 PM
Danoli

He was playing well
I hope he isn’t out for long

Unread 06-02-2021, 09:57 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
was playing very very well.
Was he?

Was doing just okay... Nothing more.

Starting midfield on the pitch now.

Unread 06-02-2021, 09:57 PM
Vida_15

pogba was just strolling around...he really did £#%&! all until he was injured

Unread 06-02-2021, 09:59 PM
AK14

He’ll be doing Dubai rooftop vids by the end of the month.

Unread 06-02-2021, 09:59 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Was he?

Was doing just okay... Nothing more.

Starting midfield on the pitch now.
really. really? He was moving the ball quickly from side to side and shifting them out of position. He is a fantastic passer when he wants to be.

Unread 06-02-2021, 10:00 PM
Hyman_Roth

Thought he was coming into it. Would prefer him to be on the field than not which surprises me. He would have scored Fred’s chance.

Unread 06-02-2021, 10:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
really. really? He was moving the ball quickly from side to side and shifting them out of position. He is a fantastic passer when he wants to be.
Doing the basics then?

We looked better as soon as he went off.
Closed Thread