United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2015, 08:53 AM
puressence

Default Nasri off to italy .. Is this the end

how will marlo cope will he up sticks and take his notepad will essex be able to cope

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:07 AM
Lok

Not sure why they're so keen to get rid tbh.

He looks one of their better players when he plays. Certainly looks more dangerous than Navas.

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:15 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

£32m on Mangala is the one that gets me. Almost makes Anderson look like good value.
I don't know, at least Mangala is playing.

Can't wait to see Marlo hobnobbing it round Italy tbh

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:17 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

£32m on Mangala is the one that gets me. Almost makes Anderson look like good value.
double that and your nearer the actual price paid

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Navas has played more than Mangala

Quote:
Can't wait to see Marlo hobnobbing it round Italy tbh
Looking forward to seeing some top Italian champs.

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:27 AM
ZiggyStardust

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:27 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

It's £42m.

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:45 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's £42m.
marlo reckons it was even more

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:47 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
marlo reckons it was even more
Wouldn't surprise me.

Oldest squad in Europe apparently.

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:48 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Wouldn't surprise me.

Oldest squad in Europe apparently.
but but but they've built an academy you can see from space with blue grass, they're the new Barcelona etc

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:51 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
At least Anderson isn't playing

Unread 08-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
double that and your nearer the actual price paid
Why would anyone pay £64m for a defender?

Even Rio in his prime would have struggled to go for that in today's market.

Bat shit mental.

I've heard quite a few stories about City trying to get around FFP from connected people. Shady extra payments on transfers and salaries. Probably a case that you have to pay more if you want a good chunk of it off the books.

Unread 08-04-2015, 10:12 AM
puressence

Manuel lastweek ... None of the academy kids are good enough ...but at least the buildings are nice

Unread 08-04-2015, 10:33 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I've heard quite a few stories about City trying to get around FFP from connected people. Shady extra payments on transfers and salaries. Probably a case that you have to pay more if you want a good chunk of it off the books.
The Lampard dodge would fit in with this policy.

Unread 08-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Manuel lastweek ... None of the academy kids are good enough ...but at least the buildings are nice
yep, and the intention too - they built them for Manchester

Unread 08-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
but but but they've built an academy you can see from space with blue grass, they're the new Barcelona etc

Unread 08-04-2015, 01:20 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Why would anyone pay £64m for a defender?

Even Rio in his prime would have struggled to go for that in today's market.

Bat shit mental.

The reported fee of 32m was for Porto's 51% share of the player. He cost around 52m total

Unread 08-04-2015, 01:25 PM
puressence

city have a history for overpaying even back to 1978 ish steve daly they could have had for 300k swales paid a million so they could outdo utd :shakehead:

Unread 08-04-2015, 01:30 PM
elephantstone

Nasri should have joined us when he was looking to leave Arsenal as he has regressed at City.

Unread 08-04-2015, 01:44 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
city have a history for overpaying even back to 1978 ish steve daly they could have had for 300k swales paid a million so they could outdo utd :shakehead:
Still regarded by many as the biggest waste of money in football history, which is some accolade.

Quote:
the era of casual spending which arguably set City back 20 years. That era is epitomised by Daley - 'the latest plutocratic passenger on the City gravy train' as The Observer described him - whose name remains a byword for big-money flops. The story goes that Malcolm Allison offered £400,000 and couldn't believe it when his chairman Peter Swales did the deal for a million more (Swales always denied it). Bryan Robson had recently joined Man United for a similar fee, so perhaps Daley was the victim of a perverse form of oneupmanship. The Observer's report of his City debut reported that, 'everything he did was neat and clever but none of it ever served to bind the side together.' It didn't get any better.

Sold to Seattle Sounders in 1980 after 48 apps (4 goals).
http://observer.theguardian.com/osm/...543912,00.html
Closed Thread