United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:10 PM
wiganste

Default Sunday then

I'm sure we're all killing ourselves thinking about Sunday and whether or not the scousers will do a job for us.

But, if the inevitable happens and Chelsea get the 3 points, how do we measure this season?

Has it been a success? Does it bode well for next season, if we get one or 2 new faces?

Nani has surprised most people and his form since 'the penny dropped' has been outstanding. Valencia has earned a place in the Prem team of the season - he has been a real plus point.

Rooney has become a top, top player and is up there with the best in the world.

If Chelsea do win it, you can't really argue. Almost 100 goals this season is pretty awesome by anyone's standards. And at least it wasn't the scousers....

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:12 PM
treme

Default Re: Sunday then

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'm sure we're all killing ourselves thinking about Sunday and whether or not the scousers will do a job for us.

But, if the inevitable happens and Chelsea get the 3 points, how do we measure this season?

Has it been a success? Does it bode well for next season, if we get one or 2 new faces?

Nani has surprised most people and his form since 'the penny dropped' has been outstanding. Valencia has earned a place in the Prem team of the season - he has been a real plus point.

If Chelsea do win it, you can't really argue. Almost 100 goals this season is pretty awesome by anyone's standards. And at least it wasn't the scousers....
Smalling in, Hernandez in, Berbatov out, Owen fit , another top class striker, a new attacking midfielder, Hargo to stay fit - we will win the league next season.

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:13 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
Smalling in, Hernandez in, Berbatov out, Owen fit , another top class striker, a new attacking midfielder, Hargo to stay fit - we will win the league next season.
Can't argue with that. Probably need another midfielder tbh. I think Carrick will be sold

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:15 PM
dunk

Are both games on Sunday?

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

We've won a trophy and will finish in the top 2. It's been a good season, I don't think anyone would call it a failure.

I've never seen a season like this one for injuries. Our defence has been decimated for pretty much half the season. Then, we are left with one fit striker in the most vital 2 months of the season.

This is probably the weakest United squad of the last 5 years and it's testament to the character of our players that we're still in the race.

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Let's face it we aren't going to win it every year and the number of injuries to key players have been ridiculous. A creative midfielder and/or a bit more drive in there plus a decent striker to take the load off Rooney now and again and I reckon we'll have it back next season. I've enjoyed it overall, been to quite a few games for the first time since I sacked my ST in 2005 which was nice. I already can't wait for August

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:16 PM
treme

Quote:
Can't argue with that. Probably need another midfielder tbh. I think Carrick will be sold
I like Carrick but his form, over the course of the season really, has been pretty poor. He isn't consistent enough anymore and I am sure there are plenty of players out there who could do a better job. One thing is for sure, there would be no shortage of takers and I reckon we'd get at least £15m for him in todays market and the fact he is English.

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Sparky***

In other news, got my season ticket renewals through today.. £817 each. prices frozen.

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:19 PM
BarryX

I can't honestly remember ever wanting the vermin to win, I am sure there has been a time, but I was probably too drunk to realize it/remember it. All I am thinking about now is to where to find a tight permed wig and fake moustache to wear down the pub on Sunday lunch. COME ON THE POO-EL.

YNWA

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:19 PM
armchair

success = a trophy

so yes

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:20 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We've won a trophy and will finish in the top 2. It's been a good season, I don't think anyone would call it a failure.

I've never seen a season like this one for injuries. Our defence has been decimated for pretty much half the season. Then, we are left with one fit striker in the most vital 2 months of the season.

This is probably the weakest United squad of the last 5 years and it's testament to the character of our players that we're still in the race.
Dunno about that. I think the strength of our squad has carried us. Not many teams (if any) could have coped with the amount of injuries we have suffered. And it's gone on from the start of the season right through until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Let's face it we aren't going to win it every year and the number of injuries to key players have been ridiculous. A creative midfielder and/or a bit more drive in there plus a decent striker to take the load off Rooney now and again and I reckon we'll have it back next season. I've enjoyed it overall, been to quite a few games for the first time since I sacked my ST in 2005 which was nice. I already can't wait for August
Agree with that. Some games this season have brought that 'buzz' back, the city games in particular. The pleasing thing for me is that we haven't surrendered our title, we've made those cockney @#%&!s work hard for it.

4 in a row is a massive ask, that's why it's never been done before. But £#%&! me, we've had a go.

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:21 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I can't honestly remember ever wanting the vermin to win, I am sure there has been a time, but I was probably too drunk to realize it/remember it. All I am thinking about now is to where to find a tight permed wig and fake moustache to wear down the pub on Sunday lunch. COME ON THE POO-EL.

YNWA
1995. But we £#%&!ed our job up on the day

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Harri Jaffa

I'm still bitter about losing to Burnley tbpfh frank

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
In other news, got my season ticket renewals through today.. £817 each. prices frozen.
£513 or £531, can't remember now

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
£513 or £531, can't remember now
where you at coz? Stretty or east stand?

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
where you at coz? Stretty or east stand?
E138 crew

Posties wage y'see

Cheap seat reds, we are here.

Whip Hubley

I didn't expect much at all at the start of the season, as I was saying to ste yesterday the problem is we've had our hopes built up

i'm one of the few people i know who doesn't necessarily want anyone sold. I posted on here last week - it's not the players we have got that are the problem, it's the players we haven't got. if berbatov is happy being on the bench occasionally - which, so far he has been to be fair - then why get rid for what, £15m?

2 new midfielders please. we need a scholes, or a lampard. goals from midfield have been woefully short and in my opinion our real problem this season.

dunk

Carrick will still be here next season imo.

He has had an up and down season, definitely his worst since he's been here, but he has a good 3 or 4 years left in him and is a lovely footballer.

Hopefully he won't go to the World Cup, he'll have a nice rest and be back fresh for pre-season, with a clean state.

The stuff I'm reading on here about him having no %@#$&!s or being a @#%&! is utter shit. Most players have an indifferent season from time to time, especially after the 3 previous years he has had with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
i'm one of the few people i know who doesn't necessarily want anyone sold.
I don't really want anyone sold, but we have a huge squad and we all want 1 or 2 players in, in addition to those due to arrive, so some will have to leave.

Sometimes having too big a squad isn't necessarily a good thing imo.

Charlestown Rouge

Was it last season or the season before when I saw Wigan nick a point at Stamford Bridge?

Been a strange old season ladies.

Liu Jian

Quote:
I bloody hope that @#%&! is sold. We need some guile in midfield, and we need some balls in there aswell.
Closed Thread