United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 12-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Buck

Some of his points certainly have merits - just getting rid of the manager won't solve it instantly as Moyes and Van Gaal proved. The hierachy is rotten. But it's Neville's unwillingness to adapt - if he had his way Moyes would still be in charge. If he had his way Wenger would be at Arsenal until the day he dies.

Unread 12-11-2018, 02:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s not purely down to the coaching; It’s not purely down to anything. It’s a mish mosh of terrible decisions across the club and the wrong players brought in or persisted with. This desire to isolate factors is just serving to reinforce the confusion.
What we see on the pitch is down to coaching pal. Derby £#%&!ing County played us off the park.

Unread 12-11-2018, 02:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What we see on the pitch is down to coaching pal. Derby £#%&!ing County played us off the park.
No, it’s partly down to coaching. It’s also a variety of other factors, and to focus on just one allows the others to slip out the back door.

Players who can’t control a football or pass accurately over 15/20 yards isn’t down to coaching, nor is them switching off, failing to hit a barn door from two yards or passing up smart runs. That’s down to the player, unless we’re now to treat them like an under 11’s team, coaching basic technique.

I’m not defending Mourinho in any way, but I refuse to give these chancers who should never be wearing a United shirt, the accountant up top or the weasel’s that own the club a free pass by obsessively focusing on him alone.

Unread 12-11-2018, 02:41 PM
puressence

literally dont care

Unread 12-11-2018, 02:43 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
illiterally dont care

Unread 12-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Still absolutely £#%&!ing raging, thought it would subside....

Raheem 'runs like he's late for Pride' sterling muscled at least three United players off the ball...

Absute ZERO press from us as city hunted every single ball down....

The total lack of aggression and desire to even be in the game....

I expected to get beat but in that manner.....every single one of them can £#%&! off to £#%&!sville

Unread 12-11-2018, 03:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Still absolutely £#%&!ing raging, thought it would subside....

Raheem 'runs like he's late for Pride' sterling muscled at least three United players off the ball...

Absute ZERO press from us as city hunted every single ball down....

The total lack of aggression and desire to even be in the game....

I expected to get beat but in that manner.....every single one of them can £#%&! off to £#%&!sville
Bernardo Silva strong-arming Matic killed me.

And what we're seeing on the pitch is 100% down to the manager. He's coaching them, he's giving them the tactics/gameplan, he's demoralising them and he's choosing which of the 25 or whatever players to play.

You can easily put the switching off, shit decision making, weakness, everything on the pitch down to Mourinho, as he has undermined their confidence with his shit tactics and man-management and has them all second guessing themselves and not enjoying their football.

Whether they are the right players or not is neither here nor there. Derby £#%&!ing County turned up and put a superior shift in. That's the manager's failure. Were it a one-off, fair enough, but it's every game.

Unread 12-11-2018, 03:20 PM
utd99

‘Course it is...

Unread 12-11-2018, 03:33 PM
magic_cantona

The amount of early goals we give away is shambolic and so predictable. Imagine January comes and centre back isn't brought in? And Dalot impressing then never getting back in is just as ridiculous. We don't have width or genuine threat on the break anymore and we are embarrassing when it comes to being bullied.

Smalling is unbelievable, absolutely hate him. Terrible player. Jose is the man making the choices though.

Unread 12-11-2018, 03:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
‘Course it is...
Glad you've seen sense. We may get your head out of your arse one day..

Unread 12-11-2018, 03:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Glad you've seen sense. We may get your head out of your arse one day..
You really are a weak thinker. That’s probably why you stake out a position in five minutes and defend it for life. To do otherwise would require an open mind and the ability to reconsider.

This is the bit where you make an utterly redundant response accompanied, presumably, by a rolly-face smilie.

Have at it pea brain...

Unread 12-11-2018, 04:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
You really are a weak thinker. That’s probably why you stake out a position in five minutes and defend it for life. To do otherwise would require an open mind and the ability to reconsider.

This is the bit where you make an utterly redundant response accompanied, presumably, by a rolly-face smilie.

Have at it pea brain...
Ah, I was wrong. We won't be extracting your head from your arse anytime soon by the looks of it..

Unread 12-11-2018, 04:14 PM
utd99

Quote:
Ah, I was wrong. We won't be extracting your head from your arse anytime soon by the looks of it..
Prosecution rests.

Even when you’re told what you’re going to do you can’t help yourself.

Dunce.

Unread 12-11-2018, 04:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Prosecution rests.

Even when you’re told what you’re going to do you can’t help yourself.

Dunce.
Ironic.

Unread 12-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Bernardo Silva strong-arming Matic killed me.

And what we're seeing on the pitch is 100% down to the manager. He's coaching them, he's giving them the tactics/gameplan, he's demoralising them and he's choosing which of the 25 or whatever players to play.

You can easily put the switching off, shit decision making, weakness, everything on the pitch down to Mourinho, as he has undermined their confidence with his shit tactics and man-management and has them all second guessing themselves and not enjoying their football.

Whether they are the right players or not is neither here nor there. Derby £#%&!ing County turned up and put a superior shift in. That's the manager's failure. Were it a one-off, fair enough, but it's every game.
This.

I'm getting tired of the excuses being rolled out for him.

He needs more money.....oh, but the signings he's made that are shit weren't signed by him....

After three years, a team is reflection of the manager. And we are a negative, lifeless mess.

It's not all his fault. Not by a long stretch.

We have spent 5 years dick-swinging in the market and panicking with appointments.

We are exactly where our 'plan' since Fergie left has put us.

I ask this time and time again, but what is the realisation of Mourinho's vision here? Does anyone seriously expect us to become anything more than a more functional, clinical version of what we already are? And more, importantly, do we even want that?

I don't.

I don't think he will succeed and I don't even enjoy watching him try or get excited about what we could be.

Throw it out.

It's ridiculous to continue down this path out of some blind faith that it might all change. And just because we've sacked two managers doenst mean we shouldn't sack a third.

Sack him now. Take the hit on this season. Hire someone who cares (Carrick, butt. I'm not arsed). Finish tenth.... but spend the rest of season deciding what we want the club to represent in 5 years.... because it doesn't represent what it did 5 years ago.

Start that process now. Sound out options now. Don't just hire for the sake of it and because someone like Zidane is available.

Get that grinning worm Woodward back to counting beans and away from anything that remotely resembles a football decision.

Stop and £#%&!ing think for a minute, United. Because you've spent the last five years charging round like a horse loose in a hospital .

We desperately DESPERATELY need a plan.

Unread 12-11-2018, 04:55 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
This.

He needs more money.....oh, but the signings he's made that are shit weren't signed by him....

After three years, a team is reflection of the manager. And we are a negative, lifeless mess.

We have spent 5 years dick-swinging in the market and panicking with appointments.

I ask this time and time again, but what is the realisation of Mourinho's vision here? Does anyone seriously expect us to become anything more than a more functional, clinical version of what we already are? And more, importantly, do we even want that?

I don't.

I don't think he will succeed and I don't even enjoy watching him try or get excited about what we could be.

Throw it out.

It's ridiculous to continue down this path out of some blind faith that it might all change. And just because we've sacked two managers doenst mean we shouldn't sack a third.

Sack him now. Take the hit on this season. Hire someone who cares (Carrick, butt. I'm not arsed). Finish tenth.... but spend the rest of season deciding what we want the club to represent in 5 years.... because it doesn't represent what it did 5 years ago.

Start that process now. Sound out options now. Don't just hire for the sake of it and because someone like Zidane is available.

Yep, said before give it to Carrick for the rest of the season whilst working out what’s needed. This seasons a complete write off in any case. Basically re-structure from top to bottom or continue to be average.

Unread 12-11-2018, 05:02 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
This.

I don't.

Throw it out.

Get that grinning worm Woodward back to counting beans and away from anything that remotely resembles a football decision.

Stop and £#%&!ing think for a minute, United. Because you've spent the last five years charging round like a horse loose in a hospital .

Seem to recall Barca being in a similar situation in 2002/3ish, flirting with relegation at one point. Quickly turned things around with a bit of thought, a plan and the next couple of decades turned out alright..

Unread 12-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Buck

Quote:
Seem to recall Barca being in a similar situation in 2002/3ish, flirting with relegation at one point. Quickly turned things around with a bit of thought, a plan and the next couple of decades turned out alright..
Sacking Van Gaal turned out better for them than us

Unread 12-11-2018, 05:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Sacking Van Gaal turned out better for them than us
They sacked him at the right time..

They also binned the Chairman tbf. £#%&!ing fat chance of that happening here

Unread 12-11-2018, 05:15 PM
browser

Wish United showed half the effort and work rate that Dunk shows on here after a defeat