United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2022, 10:40 AM
Chopper

Default ‘Can I have your Jersey’, Signs.

Seems to have been a marked increase in the the number of these signs taken to games. I’ve seen a fair amount at OT, particularly since the turn of the year.

I wouldn’t be letting the wee man take crap like that to the game.

I read a story too where Andy Robertson’s top went for a couple of grand on eBay. The auld man flogging it, buying a Robertson jersey that actually fits the wee guy, and pocketing the rest.

What’s the thoughts on these signs?

Unread 19-03-2022, 10:45 AM
armchair

Hate them. Increased exponentially once Ronaldo signed.

Unread 19-03-2022, 10:47 AM
windy waffles

Free-loading, begging bastards.

Unread 19-03-2022, 10:51 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Hate them. Increased exponentially once Ronaldo signed.
Kids Ronaldo top from the megastore with the premier league and ‘no to racism’ badges @ £70; is still no justification to go on the scrounge.

Unread 19-03-2022, 11:05 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
It’s definitely been a growth market in the 4 years since that thread.

Unread 19-03-2022, 11:11 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper
It’s definitely been a growth market in the 4 years since that thread.
I don’t live too far from the training ground, sometimes drive by the access road in broadheath

Often see grown men waiting there to get shirts signed.

Always thought they were sad nutters, but maybe they are making a few quid out of it?

Unread 19-03-2022, 11:16 AM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I don’t live too far from the training ground, sometimes drive by the access road in broadheath

Often see grown men waiting there to get shirts signed.

Always thought they were sad nutters, but maybe they are making a few quid out of it?
More than likely. They must be making more money than if they; went to work. As opposed to hanging round the roads acting stalkerish.

Unread 19-03-2022, 11:27 AM
armchair

It's become a cottage industry. Same as getting players to sign stuff. Started off as oddballs but now is down to money.

Similar to oddballs waiting outside for a glimpse of players used to do it just for the glimpse now do it for 'content' for their monetised fan channel.

Unread 19-03-2022, 11:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Just another in an increasingly long list of reasons to hate football these days…

Unread 19-03-2022, 12:30 PM
est.1878

I run past the training ground barrier regularly in the week. The amount of kids with a "it's my birthday" sash is statistically improbable. Not sure why not I'm school either. Ronaldo stops for most of them tbf ttmb

Unread 19-03-2022, 12:40 PM
Sapien

Players should simply hold "No. Buy your own" signs

Unread 20-03-2022, 04:19 PM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
I run past the training ground barrier regularly in the week. The amount of kids with a "it's my birthday" sash is statistically improbable. Not sure why not I'm school either. Ronaldo stops for most of them tbf ttmb
He’s a good lad.

Unread 20-03-2022, 07:13 PM
MrBishi

*Shirt.

A jersey is made out of wool.

Unread 20-03-2022, 07:18 PM
RARAMSES

Kin beggers ban them from the ground

Unread 20-03-2022, 07:19 PM
Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
*Shirt.

A jersey is made out of wool.
shirt
noun [ C ]

a piece of clothing worn, especially by men, on the upper part of the body, made of light cloth like cotton and having a collar and buttons at the front:

Unread 30-03-2022, 05:20 PM
Chris Quayd

Unread 30-03-2022, 05:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Players should simply hold "No. Buy your own" signs
players should lope over with a big smile, lean in close and whisper "it's may I?" before sauntering off.

Unread 30-03-2022, 06:55 PM
Seamus

Nearly as bad as the ‘tears for piers’ banner that some reds had at arsenal a few years back

Unread 30-03-2022, 07:35 PM
Chopper

Watching the United V Everton Game at the week end,
We may have been too harsh. Tarred all with the same brush effectively.

If they want to take their tops off and give them to fans, so be it.
Closed Thread