Dragflix 2 6.90%
Other please state 10 34.48%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2021, 02:20 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You play professional football, right now ?
Not professional. But paid.

Unread 13-11-2021, 02:29 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not Bury....
Who was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
If you're paid it means you're professional. Or semi-professional. Who do you play for?

Unread 13-11-2021, 02:37 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Who was it?

If you're paid it means you're professional. Or semi-professional. Who do you play for?

Macclesfield....

Unread 13-11-2021, 03:04 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
me and it’s not even close.

I’ve played with lukaku, pogba, nasri, benzema, tomori, chamakh, dele ali, and others and not looked out of place.
Ballboy doesn't count you £#%&!ing bullshitting lump of shit.

Unread 13-11-2021, 03:46 AM
MrBishi

Robbie Savage Ego Trip FC? Look forward to the documentary

By the by, you can be amateur and still paid very well...

Unread 13-11-2021, 05:34 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Who was it?

Not in Melbourne. Couple leagues under semi pro are paid. State league 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Robbie Savage Ego Trip FC? Look forward to the documentary

By the by, you can be amateur and still paid very well...
Correct, I’ve known good strikers in the highest amateur league picking up a few hundred quid a game for teams with well off owners trying to get up to semi pro.

Unread 13-11-2021, 06:34 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Can confirm believe and the lad who always had the white hat on his head are £#%&!ing awful footballers
Don’t even get me started. Bullshitting for years about managing an elite team and make me drive 20 miles to climb through an hole in a fence to a school field and kick about with some of the worse footballers I’ve ever seen

The criteria for posting on this forum must be at the highest level on the internet.

Unread 13-11-2021, 08:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Don’t even get me started. Bullshitting for years about managing an elite team and make me drive 20 miles to climb through an hole in a fence to a school field and kick about with some of the worse footballers I’ve ever seen

The criteria for posting on this forum must be at the highest level on the internet.
Most I’ve laughed at a post in ages

Unread 13-11-2021, 10:15 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Holymackereldoodlenonceon wins this hands down, the absolute uncle fester bastard.

Uncle fester you cheeky @#%&!

Unread 13-11-2021, 10:22 AM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
I'm assuming Bury? They had a good youth set-up. You did better than me. I played 45 minutes in an u-16 friendly. I never heard back.

Had a trial match at Bolton too. Spent longer getting there and back than playing. They didn't ask me back.
This sounds a bit like my experience too. Played for Oldham town team - we used to do okay against St Helens, Bury etc. but would always get tonked against Manchester (Remi Moses, George Oghani?) Had trials for Stockport and WBA but in both matches I was played in midfield, despite being a striker. Neither club asked me back, and my recollection too is that the bus journeys were longer than my playing time.

So, would I make the Fred best XI? If it was 1974 then possibly, but right now I would struggle to be a coach - a bit like United’s.

No idea who the best player on here is, so I’ll give a proxy vote to suedeshoes for bringing back a memory

Unread 13-11-2021, 10:26 AM
dunk

Wait. Marlo thinks he’s the best at something, and that he knows more than anyone? That can’t be right, that’s proper out of character.

Unread 13-11-2021, 10:49 AM
silv

I think my Dads lasting memory of me as a footballer was him taking me to Dennis Berkgamp’s football camp in Wembley and me sitting down on the pitch mid game cos I’d had enough

Unread 13-11-2021, 11:02 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Was that the game with Earsy in goal? Remember a photo on here of the teams lined up. iirc one player was wearing shades

Unread 13-11-2021, 11:07 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Was that the game with Earsy in goal? Remember a photo on here of the teams lined up. iirc one player was wearing shades
No, two different occasions. We even had to keep stopping to let the bloke cut the grass

Unread 13-11-2021, 11:10 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

that was up at Leeds with Tufty and Wiganste. I'd been to Sankeys the night before

iirc I was due to be the midfield general I was drafted in to be but the keeper didnt show up so I got roped in, made one point blank wonder save but pretty sure I gave a penalty away as well

great times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Uncle fester you cheeky c***

getting old now pal, did Cozdog play a bit as well? Just remember you being rather good

Unread 13-11-2021, 11:25 AM
Pop

Quote:

I’ve played with lukaku, pogba, nasri, benzema, tomori, chamakh, dele ali, and others and not looked out of place.

I bet you have.

Unread 13-11-2021, 11:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

I really don’t understand why you’re so unpopular on here.

Unread 13-11-2021, 11:33 AM
no fun

Quote:
Had sprained my ankle by then.

I repeat it’s not even close.

I’ve played with the best in the world. Not just a few ex pros....
Playing with pros doesn’t make you decent vic

I’ve “jammed” guitar with a couple of famous musicians but I can just about manage smoke on the water

Unread 13-11-2021, 11:35 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I really don’t understand why you’re so unpopular on here.
me neither. Dunno how anyone can dislike him

Unread 13-11-2021, 11:38 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
me neither. Dunno how anyone can dislike him
“How did I do, fellas?”

“Oh, erm, really good mate. Yeah, EASILY as good as any of us!”

“Knew it. Wait till the forum hears about this”
Closed Thread