United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Talking Macheda's OT career over

not seen this posted elsewhere, but he's called Rooney a chav

Quote:
Federico Macheda may have some explaining to do on his return to Old Trafford from Italy Under-21 duty after describing his Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney as a "chav".

"Rooney is a really great person, he always gives me advice, but he's a bit of a coatto," Macheda told the Italian daily Gazzetta dello Sport. Coatto is a Roman slang term that is translated by online dictionary wordreference.com as "young urban working class person with vulgar and sometimes violent behaviour", but understood in the same way a "chav" would be in English.

Macheda also played down reports that he is considering a move to Lazio, saying he was keen to suceed with United. "I want to grow at Manchester, when I am older I can make decisions about what to do next," he said. "I am told that Ferguson has called me 'unsellable'. That is a very satisfying thing to hear.

"I feel more of and English footballer now, and now I speak the language with an accent that is more English than Roman. The rumours about Lazio please me, but I don't believe I'll go."

His Italy Under-21 team-mate, Vito Mannone, however, suggested that he might look to leave Arsenal if he wasn't given more first-team opportunities in the near future.

"Last year I played nine matches and Arsenal never lost with me in the team," he told Gazzetta. "They tried again with Almunia, then against Chelsea it was Fabianski. It hurts not to be playing, especially when the other two aren't doing brilliantly."

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Macheda's OT career over

Take some £#%&!ing nerve for Rooney to deny it.

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:31 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Spot on tbf

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:35 PM
red @rmy

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coatto

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Crumps

Roman slang term that is translated by online dictionary wordreference.com

Should have used babelfish

Macheda accuses Rooney of being a 'Coat'

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:37 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Macheda's OT career over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red News
"Rooney is a really great person, he always gives me advice. But, as we say in Rome, he's a bit of a coatto."

the site http://en.bab.la/dictionary/italian-english/coatto has various references to the translation (the Mail says it means chav) but they go for peasant, yokel, bumpkin, boor and lout.
Kiko loves the Bantz! Good description of Wazza tbf

MJ Ramone will be furious when he sees this. Probably demand Macheda be sold immediately...or worse!

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Ginners

ffs

its spot on but cant see waz being happy, wouldnt want to be mach when he gets back in training

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
ffs

its spot on but cant see waz being happy, wouldnt want to be mach when he gets back in training

tbh I think Kiko can handle himself, he's a big £#%&!ing unit.

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:49 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
MJ Ramone will be furious when he sees this

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:52 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Obviously he’s already read this, but is just too filled with rage to type out a reply. Should probably pop out for a walk and some fresh air, help collect his thoughts

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:53 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

As that @#%&! Red @rse pointed out, according to urban dictionary the word is better translated as Lad or Laddish. I'd suggest this is a lost in translation issue that the papers have created a story out of. It is a bit of a slow football news week with nothing important happening atm moment.

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Mr_Ed

I don't hearing Kiko say that will be far easier than what Coleen's ma & pa said to him.

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:55 PM
andyroo

I think 'chav' is about right, translation-wise and in the spirit of what he said. Was just a bit of bants.

Unread 07-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Obviously he’s already read this, but is just too filled with rage to type out a reply. Should probably pop out for a walk and some fresh air, help collect his thoughts

He's on his roof, gun in hand ready to do a 'Noel Edmonds'.

Unread 07-10-2010, 01:01 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
He's on his roof, gun in hand ready to do a 'Noel Edmonds'.
He's taking potshots at passing Fiats and's left threatening messages with his local pizza delivery gaff.

Unread 07-10-2010, 01:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Am I really that defensive about our Wazza?

I'm sure it's just bants on Kiko's part anyway.

It's International week afterall, they have to fill their papers with as much United shit-stirring as possible (presumably intensified after Fergie's recent Media ban)
So far I've see "Rooney's Wealth Plummets" - "Macheda Calls Rooney a Chav" - "Rio shouldn't get his place back in the England side" - "Rio shouldn't get the armband back"

Unread 07-10-2010, 01:05 PM
forzagarza

scrote would have been more appropriate

Unread 07-10-2010, 01:06 PM
andyroo

What the £#%&! has he called Bebe then?

Unread 07-10-2010, 01:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote: