United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Rhodzy

Default pogba

Pogba leading France to the u20 Championship. Had Thiago in our grasp who led Spain to the u21 Championship. We'll end up with Glenn Whelan ffs.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Pogba leading France to the u20 Championship.
He didn't do much but give away fouls tbh.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:12 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He didn't do much but give away fouls tbh.
Got named player of the tournament.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Neo

Quote:
Pogba leading France to the u20 Championship. Had Thiago in our grasp who led Spain to the u21 Championship. We'll end up with Glenn Whelan ffs.
Pogba is going to be world-class. He played nearly 40 games for Juve last season, so it's not surprising he £#%&!ed off. Utterly sickening to think we had Park and Gibson getting games ahead of him. He's already 10x the player that Anderson and Cleverley will ever be. :shakehead:

Signing Thiago would have healed that wound, as we'd have replaced one of the best young midfielders in the world with the very best young midfielder in the world.

United need to sort their shit out. Even the youth products that were heralded as the future of our midfield (Morrison, Tunnicliffe, Petrucci) haven't worked out at all. Januzaj and Powell are still a way off and probably need loans.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Got named player of the tournament.
Not a shock, he's the most high-profile player and scored a couple of cheeky penalties. Still don't think he did much, especially today.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:32 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Not a shock, he's the most high-profile player and scored a couple of cheeky penalties. Still don't think he did much, especially today.
Yeah I didn't watch a minute of it tbf so I've no further argument to make!

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Rhodzy

Neither did I.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Get behind the..

Never mind.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Neo

Quote:
Well he got named Player of the Tournament so he must have done more than I saw.
Tbf, the run-up for his penalty against Uzbekistan was worthy of the award alone.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Tbf, the run-up for his penalty against Uzbekistan was worthy of the award alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP9rC18lth0
What a ginormous @#%&!.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP9rC18lth0

New thread? really.

Unread 13-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
What a ginormous @#%&!.
He did the same today. Put the keeper off pretty well and got him to move early, but it'll soon be known and he'll need a plan B.

I did watch him play 3 times and watched closely to see what we missed out on. You can see the ability and the potential but also, to be honest, there is a lot of what people get on Welbeck for - looks awkward, gangly, and uncoordinated at times, and dives in recklessly a lot (he'll get sent off plenty in his career if that doesn't change).

He could turn into a world beater without question, but it's not a shock to me that Fregs didn't think he was ready.

Unread 14-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
He did the same today. Put the keeper off pretty well and got him to move early, but it'll soon be known and he'll need a plan B.

I did watch him play 3 times and watched closely to see what we missed out on. You can see the ability and the potential but also, to be honest, there is a lot of what people get on Welbeck for - looks awkward, gangly, and uncoordinated at times, and dives in recklessly a lot (he'll get sent off plenty in his career if that doesn't change).

He could turn into a world beater without question, but it's not a shock to me that Fregs didn't think he was ready.
Yep, got sent off in his second game for France

Freggers maybe didn't think he was ready, but as Neo says Gibson and Park were getting games ahead of him and that moron Anderson is still hanging around.

Unread 14-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Freggers maybe didn't think he was ready, but as Neo says Gibson and Park were getting games ahead of him and that moron Anderson is still hanging around.
That Blackburn game, Wasn't it Rafael and Park in midfield?

Unread 14-07-2013, 12:20 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
That Blackburn game, Wasn't it Rafael and Park in midfield?
Yep.
Scholes brought out of retirement a fortnight or so later.
Giggs getting his fair share of games in centre mid. Park, Jones, Gibson all getting games throughout the season ahead of him.

Such a £#%&!ing balls up:shakehead:

Unread 14-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep.
Scholes brought out of retirement a fortnight or so later.
Giggs getting his fair share of games in centre mid. Park, Jones, Gibson all getting games throughout the season ahead of him.

Such a £#%&!ing balls up:shakehead:
tbh he was in poor form for the reserves that season. But a right back and a past it wide midfielder in centre midfield was £#%&!ing %@#$&!s.

Unread 14-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Neo

Quote:
tbh he was in poor form for the reserves that season. But a right back and a past it wide midfielder in centre midfield was £#%&!ing %@#$&!s.
I reckon he was just getting frustrated in the reserves. Even Bebe and Obertan were seen as above that level, ffs.

When Pogba got rare minutes in the 1st team he seemed to produce more exciting cameo moments than all our regular midfielders.

It was obvious he was a special player; still very raw, but we certainly could have used him more IMO. He's proved it at Juventus that he's good enough for senior-level football. He made more first-team appearances last season than Anderson, Cleverley and Giggs.

Very strange decisions from Fergie during his later years where he seemed to become obsessed with age and Steady-Eddie experience over enigmatic youthfulness. Makes me think he would have continued to pick Valencia ahead of Zaha next season if he stayed.

Unread 14-07-2013, 12:43 AM
taff

Quote:

i suspect froggles had an inkling he was a bit of a @#%&! more than anything else, probably wanted him to commit to united before he rewarded him with playing time and just lost patience with all his fannying around - maybe appreciating the attitude of the others more. whereas pogba wanted more playing time (more money too, no doubt) before he'd commit. one of those situations where both sides were at fault so it's difficult to properly pin the blame on either. more frustrating than anything else as i think he would have been excellent for us in time.

Unread 14-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I reckon he was just getting frustrated in the reserves. Even Bebe and Obertan were seen as above that level, ffs.

When Pogba got rare minutes in the 1st team he seemed to produce more exciting cameo moments than all our regular midfielders.

It was obvious he was a special player; still very raw, but we certainly could have used him more IMO. He's proved it at Juventus that he's good enough for senior-level football. He made more first-team appearances last season than Anderson, Cleverley and Giggs.

Very strange decisions from Fergie during his later years where he seemed to become obsessed with age and Steady-Eddie experience over enigmatic youthfulness. Makes me think he would have continued to pick Valencia ahead of Zaha next season if he stayed.
He was 17/18 when we were playing all kinds of shite in those games and playing as the only recognised midfielder in those games could have done him more harm than good. It's not like he was in Thiago's position. He had played pretty much what he should have at that stage in his development however he got a new agent and wouldn't commit his future to the club. If he would have signed he would have played more the season before last and would have been a first team player last season. That of course is just my opinion and the #@&%! seemed to value his agents advice and opinion over Fergie's. Won't be long before he kicks up a fuss at Juve over money or move.

Unread 14-07-2013, 04:14 AM
rafabio

Play for first team of Juventus or get £#%&!ed around by fergie? A very easy choice to make. People think we are still in 90s. Oh he is not ready for first team football, let us loan him out for a couple of seasons.

Nowadays another top club will offer the opportunity and the kids will take it.
Closed Thread