United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:17 AM
thatsfuctit

Default Businessman urges United fans to buy his land - to stop City's £100m training complex

costa concordia me

A businessman who supports United is blocking City’s plans to build a world-beating training complex – by selling his land to fellow Reds. Shaun O’Brien has set up a website, Unite Against City, offering square-foot blocks of land at his vehicle-recovery company near the Etihad Stadium.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...ining-complex?

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Harri Jaffa

He's just trying to make some quick cash so he can pursue his ocean liner business

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:22 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

What a sad @#%&!

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
What a sad @#%&!
bit harsh, nice guy is thatsfuctit

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
bit harsh, nice guy is thatsfuctit
Love TFI Hate Vehicle Recovery Companies

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Ginners

i can imagine reem getting suckered into buying a few plots

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:28 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Like buying plots of the moon off the internet

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:53 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Like buying plots of the moon off the internet
£#%&!in hell

dont tell northers you can buy plots on the moon ffs...... :shakehead:

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
£#%&!in hell

dont tell northers you can buy plots on the moon ffs...... :shakehead:
he'll want to plant his magic beans there

Unread 10-02-2012, 11:11 AM
irk

Quote:
can you spot the flaw in your suggestion?

Unread 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
can you spot the flaw in your suggestion?
....with mothers money?

Unread 10-02-2012, 11:17 AM
irk

Quote:
....with mothers money?
there is no "mother". everyone has realised that haven't they?

Unread 10-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
there is no "mother". everyone has realised that haven't they?

Unread 10-02-2012, 11:20 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Unread 10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
rebelcountyred

Might be interested, could I build a nice dormer on it?

Unread 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Lok

As already stated, it's just some bloke who's pissed off because City wont pay over the odds for his land.

He's trying to turn it into some United v City thing and get gullible fans to pay £250 for 1sqft of useless land.

Some will fall for it I guess.

Unread 10-02-2012, 12:29 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
As already stated, it's just some bloke who's pissed off because City wont pay over the odds for his land.

He's trying to turn it into some United v City thing and get gullible fans to pay £250 for 1sqft of useless land.

So what you're saying is that it's summat like the FC United community shares scheme?
I'm in

Unread 10-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Proper lowballed him and he's had the council putting pressure on him to sell tbf. One of the first things he heard about him 'not selling' was in the Evening News too and he hadn't decided either way at that point.

Unread 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Proper lowballed him and he's had the council putting pressure on him to sell tbf.
They probably have, but he's using the united/city rivallry to put up the price.

This has nothing to do with United and if any fan purchased a plot they would almost certainly lose money on it.

At £250 a piece he'll make more money selling it to individuals then he will selling it to city.

The @#%&!s probably not even a red.

Unread 10-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
They probably have, but he's using the united/city rivallry to put up the price.

This has nothing to do with United and if any fan purchased a plot they would almost certainly lose money on it.

At £250 a piece he'll make more money selling it to individuals then he will selling it to city.

The @#%&!s probably not even a red.
He is.
Closed Thread