United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:04 PM
ScarFace

So his 45-minute rant in the team hotel to all the team went well before yesterdays game

inspiring

also

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Youve just triggered bad karma to bring tropical back. :alreadybackbunks:

And some worse than others...
Yes, but I think in years to come, the difference will look less and less.

I certainly have more sympathy for moyes (one notch above zero) than ever before, but the upshot is that all three failed and all three will be sacked.

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:13 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think our problem is that Moyes was never suited to a job of such stature. LVG and Mourinho... we just got when they were past their peaks.

Not every manager is a Ferguson that can be great for 20 years. Most managers, like players, have a peak in their career and then find it difficult to recapture that peak.

What we need is to hire a manager at their peak or heading that way rather than one who is on his way down. LVG was closer to retirement than anything else, people pontificating that he was on the cusp of something great are kidding themselves.

Mourinho had a solid enough couple of years but never once has he looked like recapturing the sort of aura we saw at Chelsea or Inter, the man has looked utterly jaded since he came here and has for the most part cut a forlorn figure. I'm not quite sure what's going on with him at the moment but i would say he needs a break from football for a few years. His experiences at Madrid, chelsea and now United seem to have left him a shadow of the man he was in 2005.

I fear the same if we hire someone like Zidane. That again, we'll be getting a man who had 4 year peak and is now coming off the back of it. I'd rather we were a little more creative about who we got in. The talk of Conte is just depressing tbh.
Some very good points there but who is this person approaching their peak?

Genuine question btw, I don't follow European football so I have no idea who's out there

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo

Genuine question btw, I don't follow European football so I have no idea who's out there

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:19 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Is that it? I mean, he might be alright I suppose but surely there's some others out there?

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:21 PM
saffers

Quote:

Takes a young ajax side to munich and schools the home side.....

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Buck

Quote:
Is that it? I mean, he might be alright I suppose but surely there's some others out there?

Julian Nagelsmann. Top job at Hoffenheim, gave City a good go last night. Young manager, young team.

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Same here mate. I have no idea who's the manager at top european clubs any more simply because my interest in football in general is waning given how £#%&!ing shit we are.

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:27 PM
jaffo

Quote:

Julian Nagelsmann. Top job at Hoffenheim, gave City a good go last night. Young manager, young team.
I occasionally 'rock' the plaid shirt/grey sweatshirt combo myself so my vote is for him at the moment. Not sure about the gilet though

Saffers' guy looks a bit too much like Guardiola for my liking but if he's Dutch that would mean the shexy akshent back at OT and that can't be a bad thing

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:31 PM
saffers

Quote:
I occasionally 'rock' the plaid shirt/grey sweatshirt combo myself so my vote is for him at the moment. Not sure about the gilet though

Saffers' guy looks a bit too much like Guardiola for my liking but if he's Dutch that would mean the shexy akshent back at OT and that can't be a bad thing
Was the coach of bayern reserves 2013-2015 so worked with the druggie unfortunately.

As for Nagelsmann, he really would shake things up touchline wise

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:31 PM
silv

Quote:
Same here mate. I have no idea who's the manager at top european clubs any more simply because my interest in football in general is waning given how £#%&!ing shit we are.
does that make us glory hunters? maybe so but honestly its like watching paint dry at the moment, got more pleasure watching the missus do a jigsaw on her ipad last night than the entire game.

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
does that make us glory hunters? maybe so but honestly its like watching paint dry at the moment, got more pleasure watching the missus do a jigsaw on her ipad last night than the entire game.
No. glory hunters last time i checked change teams depending on who is winning. The clue's in the name.

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Takes a young ajax side to munich and schools the home side.....
Only if he brings De Ligt with him

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Tronics

Quote:

yes please but only if we have someone up to who actually has a clue

that's the annoying thing about us, we're always linked to the obvious choice wether its players or managers, can we PLEASE for once do a bit of homework and spec out what we wanna see in a manager for the next few seasons?

that would make the choice so much easier imo

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Only if he brings De Ligt with him

And Blind

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Was the coach of bayern reserves 2013-2015 so worked with the druggie unfortunately.

As for Nagelsmann, he really would shake things up touchline wise

are we looking to manage a football team or develop a £#%&!ing app?

Unread 03-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Buck

He'd have a hybrid 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 with high pressing, quick passing and a kaleidoscope of movement.

All while fixing the Old Trafford wifi. What's not to like...

Unread 03-10-2018, 04:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:

We have the app now and apparently it's quite good. Well, if you value form over content.

Unread 03-10-2018, 04:14 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 03-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Sparky***

What i don't get is why they're willing to risk almost certainly missing out on the 90 odd million you get for being in the champions league rather than give Mourinho 10 million or whatever to £#%&! off mid season.

i thought the people running the club liked money?
Closed Thread