United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2018, 06:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Glad you’re coming round because I agree and have said it on here before. LVG set us back way more than Moyes did.
Fair. The damage was so bad that Mou had no choice but to finish even lower in the table in his first season.

Unread 30-04-2018, 06:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair. The damage was so bad that Mou had no choice but to finish even lower in the table in his first season.
While openly admitting that he forgoed the league position to win two trophies because the fans needed trophies? We'll all be United next season

Unread 30-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Unread 30-04-2018, 06:56 PM
AK14

Quote:
While openly admitting that he forgoed the league position to win two trophies because the fans needed trophies? We'll all be United next season
No doubt he sacrificed the league for the Europa cup (and CL football) and made the correct decision obviously

Moyes’ summer window (Fellaini) set us back IMO, with an ageing defence he needed to bring in at least two players in defence but didn’t. LVG then had the task of replacing three of them in one window which was crazy

LVG set us further back by replacing players with inferior players and then sold them and replaced them with more inferior players.

I wonder who Fergie would have signed if he’d stayed on, possibly bale? Ali? I think he’d have loved Kane and tried his best to get him here.

Unread 30-04-2018, 07:01 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Moyes’ summer window (Fellaini) set us back IMO, with an ageing defence he needed to bring in at least two players in defence but didn’t. LVG then had the task of replacing three of them in one window which was crazy

LVG set us further back by replacing players with inferior players and then sold them and replaced them with more inferior players.

I wonder who Fergie would have signed if he’d stayed on, possibly bale? Ali? I think he’d have loved Kane and tried his best to get him here.
Thiago and Matic. Zaha. Varela.

But yeah it was pretty well time up, he's not getting any younger and can barely stay awake 90 minutes, I mean few can watching us now but anyway. He could maybe have blundered on but it was his last chance to go out on the high he did, and I find it hard to begrudge him that. Gill hand-picking his successor was a bigger disaster.

Unread 30-04-2018, 07:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Thiago and Matic. Zaha. Varela.

But yeah it was pretty well time up, he's not getting any younger and can barely stay awake 90 minutes, I mean few can watching us now but anyway. He could maybe have blundered on but it was his last chance to go out on the high he did, and I find it hard to begrudge him that. Gill hand-picking his successor was a bigger disaster.
And Garay iirc?

Cant imagine Fergie working well with Woodward tbh...

Unread 30-04-2018, 07:08 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
No doubt he sacrificed the league for the Europa cup (and CL football) and made the correct decision obviously

Doesn’t matter, Fuzzy posted a smilie so we’re all wrong

Unread 30-04-2018, 07:12 PM
dunk

Truth was he ‘gave up on the league’ because it was gone, and not for any other reason.

Unread 30-04-2018, 07:14 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Doesn’t matter, Fuzzy posted a smilie so we’re all wrong

Unread 30-04-2018, 07:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Truth was he ‘gave up on the league’ because it was gone, and not for any other reason.
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=580

Unread 30-04-2018, 07:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Right?

If we win the FA Cup I’ll be delighted with that too, despite it not being the league or CL, which he gave up on in February or December in the case of the League, to concentrate on the FA Cup

He put the onus on the EL because he knew he had more chance of that than getting them into the top 4 from about March.

Unread 30-04-2018, 08:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
While openly admitting that he forgoed the league position to win two trophies because the fans needed trophies?
Massively thoughtful of him to have us in 6th place for most of the season with this in mind tbf.

Unread 30-04-2018, 09:53 PM
My Name is Keith

Not sure anyone can complain too much about what’s been achieved - the way we’ve achieved it is the bigger issue for me.

Need to see a big improvement in the style of play next season - more akin to how we started this season. I won’t be holding my breath.

Unread 01-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Seamus

even the big teams go years without winning a trophy so we should be grateful to Big Louis and Jose for the trophies we have won since Fergie retired.

I think next season will be Pep's last at city so I expect more results driven football over flair for the next couple of seasons.
Closed Thread