United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-03-2018, 12:54 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“Pep made City a machine. He shows a football that I would have liked to play at Manchester United.

“But he has better players for it. For me, the process would have taken longer. Unfortunately, I did not get the time.”

Truth bomb
Didn’t get the time? He was supposed to be retiring a year after we sacked him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Would LVG have won the league with United this year?

I think with a fair wind and a lot of luck he could possibly have come second, which is where the moron Mourinho is probably going to get us. Maybe we would’ve got a ten point bonus for Louis giving Pep a handy in the dressing room in 1997 or whenever the £#%&! it was.
If van gaal stayed de gea would have £#%&!ed off that summer and we’d have been lower half of the table. Our form around the Christmas before he was sacked would have been the norm. The team’s form only picked up once they knew they’d won the battle and he’d be gone.

Unread 30-03-2018, 01:02 AM
ScarFace

He always said he was retiring the season after the fa cup win anyway. So we cut him 1 year short. @#%&! acts like he was on a 10 year deal with a bright future.

Worse than Moyes because Moyes was just a Fergie insurance scam....LVG was an actual real effort at trying to win shit.

Unread 30-03-2018, 01:35 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It wouldn't be true though, tbf.

That was a strange period because having been let down in various forms by Di Maria, Falcao and RvP, the system for that spell was based around players we couldn't really build with. Front six I think was Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera, Mata, Young, Rooney.

Following season the side got younger, which in some ways meant starting again. Time ran out, despite a promising end to the season. When you look back to winning 9 of the last 12 games with Lingard, Rashford and Martial in a side taking shape...
that's right. really he should have stuck with that system, but swapped young for depay, rooney for martial and i suppose a better defensive mid than schneiderlin for carrick, although maybe schneidohs could have done well there, if it brought out the best in players like fellaini, young and smalling.

which still amuses me. having a team with rvp, falcao and di maria yet they get benched for so called shit@#%&!s who had a better season than them.

Unread 30-03-2018, 08:41 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I hope you'll have shut up about mourinho by christmas.
I focus on our manager. If he's sacked he's no longer our manager. You don't see me still bang on about Moyes and LvG do you?

Mou will be seen as necessary medicine by even the haters by the time he leaves. Yeah he will leave, not get sacked.

Unread 30-03-2018, 11:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
This latest outburst may be the funniest. "I would have had us playing like Peps teams".

I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfrfMoqK-IY
Vid not available in England pal.

Was that the analysis where Henry said Pep offered his players greater freedom in the final third, then in the same piece said Pep subbed him at half time for scoring a goal from the wrong part of the field

Unread 30-03-2018, 12:57 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Vid not available in England pal.

Was that the analysis where Henry said Pep offered his players greater freedom in the final third, then in the same piece said Pep subbed him at half time for scoring a goal from the wrong part of the field
Quote:
“He had a plan. If you don’t actually do what he’s asking you to do, you’re going to be in trouble,” he said.

“Me being me I went there [to the right wing] to play with Leo [Messi] and I could hear him being upset because I wasn’t on the side of the dugout. I didn’t really care, you know.

“I scored a goal, 1-0 up against Sporting Lisbon at half-time, all nice and everything, and he took me off. I was like ‘what did I do wrong?’. Very similar to [Louis] Van Gaal, when Pep had a plan - respect his plan.

“He used to say to us the fist time he took the team, ‘my job is to take you up to the last third, your job is to finish it’.”

Unread 30-03-2018, 01:18 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
You don't see me still bang on about Moyes and LvG do you?

Unread 30-03-2018, 01:29 PM
utd99

Only a man with no shame could suggest City had better players when it was him that loaded us to the gills with shite.

Unread 30-03-2018, 03:07 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’d imagine even his fanboys must be getting a bit fed up with him at this point. He’s like whack-a-mole.
He keeps repeating on you like mexican food?

Unread 30-03-2018, 06:46 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, we actually had it in our hands as well
Blew it and it was largely down to that pointing @#%&! Herrera

Unread 30-03-2018, 07:11 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, we actually had it in our hands as well
city weren't that much better than us that season either. the difference is that they now have a manager who has fixed their problems and now has them competing again.
Closed Thread