United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2018, 08:24 PM
AK14

Football Imagine Fergie didn’t retire when he did...

Bored here and been thinking, What would we have done that summer (and summers since) and where would we be at this moment

Seriously, would he have built another side or kept winning or struggled?

Unread 29-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Dasilvatwins

Would have won the three seasons after thatm especially the year leicester won it. He would have pissed all over that season half drunk

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:07 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

With the players he was looking at when he went that Moyes turned down, plus the money the money we've spent since, we would probably have a couple more titles at least, we'd at least have proper fullbacks.

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Albert Tatlock

Would be winning the European Cup this year...

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Zorg

Cathy would get a lot more done around the house, nqat.

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
With the players he was looking at when he went that Moyes turned down, plus the money the money we've spent since, we would probably have a couple more titles at least, we'd at least have proper fullbacks.
Who was it rumoured to be again?

Garay at CB iirc?

I think we’d have still gone for Shaw, Martial and Lukaku tbh

But I’m not sure he’d have worked well with Woodward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Cathy would get a lot more done around the house, nqat.

Tbf he still goes to most games so....

Get a move on Cathy!

Unread 29-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Coracao

Rooney would have been binned, so probably a replacement for him.

Unread 29-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Red Al

It's all if's and but's

He retired at the right time IMHO

Unread 29-04-2018, 10:35 PM
tatty

By now (assuming City had developed as they have) there would have started to be a bit of a Wenger situation developing.

He went at the right time.

Unread 29-04-2018, 10:43 PM
Drexl

TOP THREAD

We made each other, us and anseranl

Kenane v viera

Now it is dance v dance

Unread 29-04-2018, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He went at the right time
On this, I fully agree with two of the right wingers on this site

Unread 30-04-2018, 08:00 AM
Stickman

Id say wed be on 22.

Leicester year and the year after we'd have taken Chelsea.

Unread 30-04-2018, 08:14 AM
puressence

tbh hes been more games since he was retired

Unread 30-04-2018, 08:31 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Id say wed be on 22.

Leicester year and the year after we'd have taken Chelsea.
this.

on top of that he would have voiced an opinion on the brexit campaign and swayed the result to remain. Which would have discouraged trump's base enough to lose him the election. Isis would have been demoralised by what they see as the inevitable continuing of the status quo. Spearheaded by the solid presence of SAF skipping around OT as we bagged no.21 & 22.

You could say Cathy is responsible for the whole piss parade that followed his retirement.

Unread 30-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Mr_Ed

We were on a bit of a decline in his latter years anyway. He’d have had a full on rebuilding job to do anyway given the age of the squad so it was probably ‘another new team’ - we’d probably be reaping the rewards now but City’s financial muscle has changed the landscape.

Also, If my auntie had a #@&%! she’d be my uncle

Unread 30-04-2018, 04:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We were on a bit of a decline in his latter years anyway. He’d have had a full on rebuilding job to do anyway given the age of the squad so it was probably ‘another new team’ - we’d probably be reaping the rewards now but City’s financial muscle has changed the landscape.

Also, If my auntie had a #@&%! she’d be my uncle
Yup.

Truth is, we might be on 21 - or even 22 - in the present circumstances if only Freggle hadn't anointed YOU KNOW WHO

Unread 30-04-2018, 05:41 PM
S/Side.Red

If he wasn't retiring he may not have signed RvP.

He would have had a big rebuilding job on. But would he have been given the funds his successors got? Imagine Fergie breaking the world transfer record or being able to just drop £60m on young talents like Martial Would be on 22 minimum imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yup.

Truth is, we might be on 21 - or even 22 - in the present circumstances if only Freggle hadn't anointed YOU KNOW WHO
Come on, pal. Moyes was at United 7/8 months. He can't be blamed for the following four seasons of not challenging

Unread 30-04-2018, 05:49 PM
believe

Looks like all siders hatred stems from Moyes not being given enough time

Unread 30-04-2018, 05:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Looks like all siders hatred stems from Moyes not being given enough time
No hate in my game.

It's just that on the joyous day Moyes was sacked, or the sad day LvG was binned, nobody was saying that United were irretrievable. The idea especially that Moyes set United back is nonsense imo. He barely sold anyone, only bought two players and was here 10 months.

Unread 30-04-2018, 05:56 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No hate in my game.

It's just that on the joyous day Moyes was sacked, or the sad day LvG was binned, nobody was saying that United were irretrievable. The idea especially that Moyes set United back is nonsense imo. He barely sold anyone, only bought two players and was here 10 months.
Glad you’re coming round because I agree and have said it on here before. LVG set us back way more than Moyes did.
Closed Thread