United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:46 AM
The Stella Fella

Default Where does OGS start??

A full back? a midfielder? RW? CF?

Problem is even with 4 or 5 new faces - not all will solve the problem by say adding 1 into a dept.

I would say start with a whole new Defence. Keep linders and maybe Smalling as back up. This summer he should buy 4 top class defenders and have a completely new back line.

If that blows the funds then so be it but we need to rebuild and I say we start dept by dept. The defence need to operate as a unit and give a strong foundation to the team.

So not 1 for this and 1 for that I d look for a RB/CB/CB and LB this close season. get rid of a few others further forward and let some of the kids have those slots but Defence is paramount for the future.

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:48 AM
believe

probably on one of the other twenty threads

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:50 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

January 2006 - August 2007 we transformed our team.

Evra, Vidic, Carrick, Hargreaves, Tevez, Nani, Anderson

Difficult to change us in one window but it doesn't have to take many years like some are suggesting

Edit: til 2007

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
January 2006 - August 2008 we transformed our team.

Evra, Vidic, Carrick, Hargreaves, Tevez, Nani, Anderson

Difficult to change us in one window but it doesn't have to take years like some are suggesting
you can't be suggesting we were in as bad a state in 2006 as we are now surely?

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:53 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Think he is also missing the point that from January 2006 - August 2008 is "years" almost 3 to be exact

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:53 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
A full back? a midfielder? RW? CF?

Problem is even with 4 or 5 new faces - not all will solve the problem by say adding 1 into a dept.

I would say start with a whole new Defence. Keep linders and maybe Smalling as back up. This summer he should buy 4 top class defenders and have a completely new back line.

If that blows the funds then so be it but we need to rebuild and I say we start dept by dept. The defence need to operate as a unit and give a strong foundation to the team.

So not 1 for this and 1 for that I d look for a RB/CB/CB and LB this close season. get rid of a few others further forward and let some of the kids have those slots but Defence is paramount for the future.

He has some options in the youth and there are probably a few bargains in the market if you know where to look. Not making top 4 actually help us next season as we won't be pressured to bring in "worldys" and Europa league will already be seen as an adventure for some of our promising youngsters. i would be brutal and ship out most of the players that either can't play or won't play and use the youngsters to replace them. It might take a season or two out of the CL to rebuild the united team spirit, but it needs to be done.

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:56 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
He has some options in the youth and there are probably a few bargains in the market if you know where to look. Not making top 4 actually help us next season as we won't be pressured to bring in "worldys" and Europa league will already be seen as an adventure for some of our promising youngsters. i would be brutal and ship out most of the players that either can't play or won't play and use the youngsters to replace them. It might take a season or two out of the CL to rebuild the united team spirit, but it needs to be done.
Dont think so as some of the players have this clause dont they that their salary drops 25% if not in UCL - that wont help the morale of the sensitive souls we have and neither will playing sat thurs sun (although never been sure how that is harder than sat wed sat )

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:57 AM
believe

Not making top four is a disaster no matter how you try to dress it up. Entire season starts off on the back foot if we're in the Europa.

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:58 AM
dunk

Get them £#%&!ing fit and fighting. That is the toughest bit.

Doesn't matter who you sign if they come in, pile on a stone and are blowing after 20 minutes as every player we've signed in the last 5 years seems to have done.

Lukaku came on last night, started to close down with a bit of intensity, ran 50 yards, then slowed to a walk for a breather

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:58 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Think he is also missing the point that from January 2006 - August 2008 is "years" almost 3 to be exact
My mistake, meant til 2007 so a year and a half

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Get them £#%&!ing fit and fighting. That is the toughest bit.

Doesn't matter who you sign if they come in, pile on a stone and are blowing after 20 minutes as every player we've signed in the last 5 years seems to have done.
Let it go you stupid bastard

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Yes, I'm stupid

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Why do we need a left back and right back ?

In all the £#%&!ing positions of shit arsed @#%&!s we currently have a whole NEW defence is your priority ? And how long does it take to bed in a new defence?

I'd start with some sensible posters on here.....MAWKISH, reactionary, no nowt warbling @#%&!s....

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:04 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
No, back then we had someone about to become the best defender in the world, Scholes returning to world class level, a great striker in Saha, Giggs and two of the three best young players in world football.

We had however crashed out of the Champions League at the group stage, been signing guys like Alan Smith and Belliion, and had our club captain publically criticise the team on the club's TV station before being sacked, whilst being nowhere near the best team in the league and being beaten by them regularly bar one Fletcher header.

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:06 AM
Seamus

Quote:
I think Dunk is right, they arent fit enough to play the way ole wants them to. Ole and the coaches need to address this and take responsibility for this.

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Parlabane

I think new Centre back to replace Smalling and a new right back are essential along with a proper right sided attacker. Would also love to see a centre midfield player who can do more than one role which appears to be the case with current lot.

We need to be ruthless in culling the deadwood as well, on paper we have a large squad but the reality is that it is very very thin on quality

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:08 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

In all the £#%&!ing positions of shit arsed @#%&!s we currently have a whole NEW defence is your priority ? And how long does it take to bed in a new defence?

I'd start with some sensible posters on here.....MAWKISH, reactionary, no nowt warbling @#%&!s....
we dont have any cover either

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:08 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Cos the ones we have are shite??? Suppose the adding one here and one there works for you - looking at the overall unit on the pitch it clearly isnt for me.

"how long does it take to bed in a new defence?" is the sort of reason I m suggesting we start with that?? Its ok if the new CM/RW scores 3 if Young/Shaw/Jones/GK concede 4??

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I think Dunk is right, they arent fit enough to play the way ole wants them to. Ole and the coaches need to address this and take responsibility for this.
Took Klopp 2 seasons to get the dippers fit enough for his headless chicken 100mph shit..

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:12 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
agreed. how difficult can it be to get athletes fit (unless they are injured)
Closed Thread