United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2012, 10:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
He's actually gone down in my estimations now as I gave him some respect for being nice about us even though he's a scouse scot. Now I know he's always liked us it doesn't quite seem the same.
I wonder if Souness was a red in his youth...

Unread 23-01-2012, 10:42 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wonder if Souness was a red in his youth...
Big Souey loves united

Unread 23-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Big Souey loves united
It's obvious. Weird that a former player and manager would be so favourable of united. Great pundit though.

They had him on RTE where the selling point is they will call everything as they see it, not try to sell the product like sky or bbc. But they mostly just moan about everyone, they also gang up on new boys and they did with souey buthe held his ground and was excellent. He learnt to call shit if it's shit.

Unread 23-01-2012, 11:04 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
It's obvious. Weird that a former player and manager would be so favourable of united. Great pundit though.

They had him on RTE where the selling point is they will call everything as they see it, not try to sell the product like sky or bbc. But they mostly just moan about everyone, they also gang up on new boys and they did with souey buthe held his ground and was excellent. He learnt to call shit if it's shit.
His first day on RTE was fantastic wasn't it? You could see him going "£#%&!ing hell I'm allowed to say what I like on here!"

Unread 23-01-2012, 11:06 AM
The Return of JC

Souness is clearly a Liverpool man, but has respect for United. Probably because, as a winner himself, he admires them and would be silly to ignore and dismiss them. It's how it should be, really.

Incidentally, I loved Gaz Nev's attempts at Studio-based mind games yesterday. Something along the lines of:

"If United are level with City with 6 or 7 games to go, if they get a sniff, they won't let it go!"

Love G-Nev!

Unread 23-01-2012, 11:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

Yup, was a pleasure to watch with big Gaz yesterday.

Loved Nev saying he could understand Balotelli kicking someone in the head if it was him but not Scott Parker.

Unread 23-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Apparently.

There's some story about him on the 77 cup final team bus to this effect, not sure of the details.
He said he was the only person on the Liverpool bus who wanted them to lose, he's also got a large collection of old United programmes according to one of his old dipper team mates.

Unread 23-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Dueling Banjos

Unread 23-01-2012, 01:24 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
the second goal there ffs. 50 yard crossfield ball from giggs, first time blind backheel from eric, beautiful outside of the foot cross from becks, diving header into the corner from butt... "and here's another one"

Unread 01-02-2012, 09:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Really nailed their pale blue flags to the mast with last nights analysis of the United and siddy games.

Unread 04-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Argentina

Who dresses Shearer?

Unread 04-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Zorg

Jonathan Pierce. 'The iciy fingers of self-doubt'....'Dzeko and hyde'.
£#%&! off.
Closed Thread