United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Not really.
We've been 'relegated' in European Football.
The players should be ashamed of themselves considering the teams that were in our group.
I'm still absolutely fuming about it.

The Europa League can go £#%&! itself tbh
Pathetic

borsuk

please don't watch the video i posted. if the sight of robbo and ince ripping barca's midfield to pieces isn't bad enough then alf garnett doing the commentary will finish you off.

"they don't like it up em" ffs. he actually says "they don't like it up em" and apparently the trophy presentation is shite because they haven't got a royal box like wembley.

borsuk

Quote:
Not really.
The players should be ashamed of themselves considering the teams that were in our group.

don't be so £#%&!ing silly.

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:31 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes but I want Clayton Blackmore to score when he's through on goal in the 'Masters' 6-a-side thingy. It doesn't make it a real tournament.

How can the players walk out under the Floodlights to the 'Europa League theme' - as English Champions ffs while also rans like Arsenal will have probably played against Bayern Munich the night before of whatever?
It's a catastrophe' that we've ended up in this competition. A crown of failure hanging over us...it's £#%&!ing shameful.

Immediately post-Wembley Fergie was talking about "closing the gap" on Barcelona:shakehead: ...they'll make another Final nqat...we'll probably face Stoke in a Thursday night SF

The very thought of us taking part in it is utterly embarrassing.
Excellent post.

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pathetic

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
We were in the Top flight competition, we have been relegated to the also-ran competition

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Well it is a 'league' now.

I would have less of a problem if we just got knocked da £#%&! out of the CL. Shit happens in cup comps.

For once I find myself partially agreeing with MJ Ramone.

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Yes but I want Clayton Blackmore to score when he's through on goal in the 'Masters' 6-a-side thingy. It doesn't make it a real tournament.

How can the players walk out under the Floodlights to the 'Europa League theme' - as English Champions ffs while also rans like Arsenal will have probably played against Bayern Munich the night before of whatever?
It's a catastrophe' that we've ended up in this competition. A crown of failure hanging over us...it's £#%&!ing shameful.

Immediately post-Wembley Fergie was talking about "closing the gap" on Barcelona:shakehead: ...they'll make another Final nqat...we'll probably face Stoke in a Thursday night SF

The very thought of us taking part in it is utterly embarrassing.
Wasn't my point, MJ. Like I said, I agree about the embarrassment, it's a shit tournament, we shouldn't be in it etc etc, but we are and we'll be playing games in it. Will you actually be watching it and hoping Manchester United lose?

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:35 PM
red in cumbria

I agree that we should play the "kids" mostly - but that the teams selected should then go all out to win it.

Doing that - or even getting close - would expose what a load of shite it really is

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Wasn't my point, MJ. Like I said, I agree about the embarrassment, it's a shit tournament, we shouldn't be in it etc etc, but we are and we'll be playing games in it. Will you actually be watching it and hoping Manchester United lose?
No but he'll not shed a tear if we do.

In that sense it's a win win.

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Excellent post.
It's not, it's £#%&!ing awful and reeks of 'entitlement' and the shitty attitude of United and the bulk of their fans, including you.

We are where we are, we are fortunate enough that it hasn't happened in 20 years, shut the £#%&! up bitching and get on with it.

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:39 PM
red in cumbria

Ooooh, time to get the out, methinks

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Cream

Quote:
It's not, it's £#%&!ing awful and reeks of 'entitlement' and the shitty attitude of United and the bulk of their fans, including you.

We are where we are, we are fortunate enough that it hasn't happened in 20 years, shut the £#%&! up bitching and get on with it.
Yes but there's a difference between winning the cup and getting into the cup winners cup, and being champions and having to play in the mong cup.

The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:

What an incredibly strange man you are

MJ Ramone

Quote:
Nothing to do with entitlement ffs. I want us knocked out of Europe completely.
I don't agree with the format of this Competition & never have.
I don't think any Champions League losers should be allowed in it, but that's a separate point.

I'll be very disappointed if Fergie picks his best side for this competition because he certainly didn't pick his best side in any of the Champions League matches this season - Park up front while Welbeck was on the bench ffs

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Not really.

agreed pal. it's an utter £#%&!ing embarrassment. the players, manager and coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves.

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Charlestown Rouge

I think in normal cup terms its known as "'The Plate" - where the best losers play each other. Not sure we've even got the resources to have a decent go at it it.

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:46 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
No but he'll not shed a tear if we do.

In that sense it's a win win.

That's different to hoping we go out. Which is what a few are saying. If that's the hope, then you're hoping we lose. Not trying to anything here, just genuinely interested if that's where people are at?

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:47 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Nothing to do with entitlement ffs. I want us knocked out of Europe completely.
I don't agree with the format of this Competition & never have.
I don't think any Champions League losers should be allowed in it, but that's a separate point.

I'll be very disappointed if Fergie picks his best side for this competition because he certainly didn't pick his best side in any of the Champions League matches this season - Park up front while Welbeck was on the bench ffs
So you'll be rooting for the opposition when we play?

Unread 14-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
What an incredibly strange man you are
comes with having a £#%&! off fod.

united can do NO wrong in dunk's eyes. his kids alex, david and malcolm are testimony to that.

he £#%&!ing loves the club's staff does dunk. if we turned up in the zeyland DAF dunk would be spouting the 'it's another trophy to be won' %@#$&!s
Closed Thread