United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-09-2017, 10:48 PM
My Name is Keith

Easily one of the worst commentators I've ever heard. Absolutely shit. Got excited over nothing, endless irrelevant shite the rest of the time but then often muted or strangely pregnant with inappropriate responses when something unbelievable happened. An absolute puddle of wee in the corner bloke.

Unread 06-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Cream

Re: thread title.
Mots-off, ffs.

Unread 06-09-2017, 10:55 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Easily one of the worst commentators I've ever heard. Absolutely shit. Got excited over nothing, endless irrelevant shite the rest of the time but then often muted or strangely pregnant with inappropriate responses when something unbelievable happened. An absolute puddle of wee in the corner bloke.
It's a disgrace that this moron got big games over Barry Davies

Unread 06-09-2017, 11:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
what's his user name?

Unread 06-09-2017, 11:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Fo sho. Barry was probs my fave. Great name too. 'Barry'. A classic - alongside 'Roy'.

Unread 06-09-2017, 11:27 PM
taff

mogadon davies couldn't hold a candle to motty in his day.

norman whiteside has done it - again.

Unread 06-09-2017, 11:51 PM
TheFatGoth

Moore > Motson > Davies > Brackley > Gubba > Darke > Tyler

Unread 06-09-2017, 11:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
That's the second Barry Davies shoutout on the thread; I feel I need to step in at this point.

He was shite too.

Unread 07-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
mogadon davies couldn't hold a candle to motty in his day.

norman whiteside has done it - again.
'Manchester United, the most famous name in football' as we collect the fa cup in 83 I think. Must have wound the scousers up big time.

Yes, Jimmy greenoffffffffff

And McIlroy has done it! - Sammy McIlroy's equaliser in 79.

His narration on the BBC history of United video in 89. Best united video I've ever seen.

And his piece on Fergie and United in 92 as we were expected to win the league before we blew it.

Unread 07-09-2017, 08:18 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That's the second Barry Davies shoutout on the thread; I feel I need to step in at this point.

He was shite too.
Siders taking on a National Treasure. Big call. A good one though.

Commentators are a bit like referees, the really good ones you barely notice.

Unread 07-09-2017, 07:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
'Manchester United, the most famous name in football' as we collect the fa cup in 83 I think. Must have wound the scousers up big time.

Yes, Jimmy greenoffffffffff

And McIlroy has done it! - Sammy McIlroy's equaliser in 79.

His narration on the BBC history of United video in 89. Best united video I've ever seen.

And his piece on Fergie and United in 92 as we were expected to win the league before we blew it.
That thing about Buchan and the 39 steps in 1977 as well. IIRC he later said he had a below par day then, but that line "saved it"

Unread 07-09-2017, 10:17 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Career highlight was when he last announced his retirement in 2010 , the rumour at the time was he flounced because the BBC told him he was no longer guaranteed the big matches at World Cups / Euros, so he went to South Africa and commentated for 5 Live and appeared on BBC coverage to fulfil contractual obligations but did no TV commentary The BBC started a "your Favourite Motty memory" page at the time expecting a sort of national treasure response that instead filled up with people basically saying "thank £#%&! the waffly old @#%&! is retiring" before it was hastily taken down

Barry Davies was miles better, anyone saying he wasn't it flat out wrong,

Unread 07-09-2017, 10:27 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Moore > Motson > Davies > Brackley > Gubba > Darke > Tyler
This

I always watched the cup finals in the 70s on ITV as the commentary was far better than the Beeb.
Switch to the BBC at half time to avoid the ads then back to ITV for the second half.

Favourite memory from Moore was the 77 cup final

"Pearson 1-0"

Unread 08-09-2017, 09:17 AM
NegativeNorris

It's about time. The useless dithering old fart is guaranteed to be one of those £#%&!ers that drives at 30mph in a 60.

Unread 08-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Pop

Moore creaming himself after this goal was a commentary highlight. Sounded like a right closet red

90's CL

Unread 08-09-2017, 09:57 AM
TheFatGoth

Moore and Big Ron

Closed Thread