United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-09-2017, 06:46 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
exactly. Everyone can see what a joke it is. Being sponsored by an air line that's owned by your owners. It's like City and PSG are just thumbing their noses at the authorities.
It is indeed a pisstake. Qatar also tried to backdate one of their sponsorship deals with PSG - handily clearing their debts by paying them for sponsorship for the year before their name was on their shirts, as if they could go back in time or something. (http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/l...hem-break-even)

Unread 04-09-2017, 06:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
exactly. Everyone can see what a joke it is. Being sponsored by an air line that's owned by your owners. It's like City and PSG are just thumbing their noses at the authorities.
Yep. Every other club has to canvas for sponsors, negotiate and get a bidding war going etc. And there is a maximum they can get to before sponsors walk away. The biggest issue these @#%&!s have is deciding which one of their shell companies to attribute the latest sponsorship to

Have city announced a daft sleeve sponsor yet?

Surprised United haven't actually..

Unread 04-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep. Every other club has to canvas for sponsors, negotiate and get a bidding war going etc. And there is a maximum they can get to before sponsors walk away. The biggest issue these c***s have is deciding which one of their shell companies to attribute the latest sponsorship to

Surprised United haven't actually
We have the worlds best tractors in Yanmar

Unread 04-09-2017, 06:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yep. Every other club has to canvas for sponsors, negotiate and get a bidding war going etc. And there is a maximum they can get to before sponsors walk away. The biggest issue these @#%&!s have is deciding which one of their shell companies to attribute the latest sponsorship to

Surprised United haven't actually..
yes city have a sleeve sponsor, Nexem Tyres I think. Their whole operation is a massive piss take. Manchester City as they were basically don't exist any more and they have just become one of several vehicles to funnel the wealth of an entire state into. They are the British branch of an Abu Dhabi conglomerate of sporting clubs. They aren't unique or special.

Out of City's 8 main sponsors, 4 of them are based in Abu Dhabi and have ties to the Al Nayhan ruling family. Etihad Airways (owned by the royal family), The Abu Dhabi tourist board, Etisalat (an abu dhabi based telephone network) and Aabar an abu dhabi based investment firm.

Unread 04-09-2017, 07:36 PM
red in cumbria

Still, you have to admit the Spanish behemoths complaining about others not playing fair has its funny side.

Unread 04-09-2017, 07:36 PM
LFOD

we need vladie to buy us. we'd have ways to bury more than just transfer fees.

Unread 04-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Still, you have to admit the Spanish behemoths complaining about others not playing fair has its funny side.
Yeah Madrid never had any financial support from anyone did they? @#%&!s.

Unread 04-09-2017, 11:48 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It's hilarious.

Much as I despise the Berts and PSG turn my stomach, I'd be more than happy to see them lining up all their summer signings and having them dive into a swimming pool full of £20 notes while chanting "£#%&! off Madrid, £#%&! off Barcelona"

Cry baby shits being @#%&!ed at their own game.

Unread 07-09-2017, 09:31 AM
dunk

The £#%&!ing cheeky @#%&!s..

Unread 07-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Coracao

Citeh are bent as £#%&!. Honestly staggers me how they get away with it

Unread 07-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Sapien

Quote:
I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict that they WON'T end up taking any legal action.
Closed Thread