United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
surely thats not possible?
adrian chiles pal, get on it. Really is just the worst hosting of a football programme I've yet to see. there's lads out of their depth and then there's daytime tv show hosts drafted in by the likes of itv.

They have Roy Keane, plus two other morons. but whenever they get momentum talking about something half decent, he'll jump in there with cheesiest thing you could possibly and legally add to the conversation, absolutely railroading anything remotely interesting that is raised.

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Zorg

Chiles might be a @#%&! but you don't have to listen to him throughout the match.

Dreary makes me want to puke, he tries to inject so much false drama. There was a cup tie on a few years ago and he started going 'The tension mounts. This is it. The FA Cup. Nothing else counts. Nothing else matters. THROW IN TO TRANMERE'.

£#%&!ing dick.

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Chorlton74

chiles, i can take him or leave him.

you probably didn't have to put up with this @#%&! much.

Unread 04-02-2012, 01:08 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Drury's easily my most hated commentator ever. Can't £#%&!ing stand him

Never knew Drury was black tbh.

Unread 04-02-2012, 01:21 AM
taff

have there ever been anyone decent on itv's football coverage? brian moore was alright, and as much as i want to hate tyldesley i can remember most of his commentary at the end in 1999 word-for-word. there's keane these days of course. but otherwise it's a £#%&!ing panoply of @#%&!s: chiles, townsend, beglin, southgate, pearce, bob 'primrose' wilson, marcel 'ghanaian' desailly etc.

let's not forget this is the channel that hired gazza in 2002 even though he was £#%&!ing incomprehensible, and gave fergie his short-lived one-game career as a pundit (european cup final 1997, fergie: "juventus will win, absolutely no question about that. dortmund have got no chance". result: 3-1 dortmund )

Unread 04-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Barcabal

Rob Shepherd here come

edit :Ben rather the odious #@&%!

Unread 04-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
have there ever been anyone decent on itv's football coverage? brian moore was alright, and as much as i want to hate tyldesley i can remember most of his commentary at the end in 1999 word-for-word. there's keane these days of course. but otherwise it's a £#%&!ing panoply of @#%&!s: chiles, townsend, beglin, southgate, pearce, bob 'primrose' wilson, marcel 'ghanaian' desailly etc.

let's not forget this is the channel that hired gazza in 2002 even though he was £#%&!ing incomprehensible, and gave fergie his short-lived one-game career as a pundit (european cup final 1997, fergie: "juventus will win, absolutely no question about that. dortmund have got no chance". result: 3-1 dortmund )
Matthew Lorenzo - USA 94.

Unread 04-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Terry Silver

ITV is £#%&!ing dreadful.

Tyldesley is the worst commentator going. He scripts most of it before the game, £#%&!ing shite one liners, puns and cliches. Sets himself up for his own shit, smug jokes. It's got to the point where everything he says annoys me now - even down the way he mispronounces Budweiser as "Boot-viser" during the Cup games.

The way he also tried to justify the booing of Evra last week by saying that Suarez will be booed at Old Trafford, whilst neglecting to mention that Evra's the victim and Suarez is a proven racist.

As someone on here pointed out last week on the ITV coverage of the Evra/Suarez racism, they weren't concerned with trivial things like right and wrong, but just wanted to stir up as much drama as possible. I'm sure it won't be long before they have mongs calling in at half time to vote on whether they think a penalty should/should not have been given.

Chiles is a @#%&!. He's ordinary-man-in-the-street act wore thin a long, long time ago. He's clueless about football, and he appears to subscribe to most, if not all, tired myths about our club - United get all the decisions, none of the fans are from Manchester etc, etc.

Beglin is an ABU who has absolutely no insight whatsoever. Clearly picked up nothing during a decade of playing for Liverpool reserves.

Only decent thing about ITV of late has been Roy Keane. You can see his contempt for Chiles burning inside of him.... well, it's either that or self-loathing at the fact that he himself has ended up in an ITV studio with Chiles, Southgate and Tyldesley as his colleagues.

Unread 04-02-2012, 03:53 AM
waynes ear's

£#%&! the scouse @#%&! Beglin, hope he gets trampled by a load of Ukranians. Then Liverpool fans can blame Chelski again

£#%&!ing @#%&!

£#%&! Peter Dreary as well, my boxers have more charisma than that @#%&!

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Sloppy

Bring back Pleat and Big Ron.

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Bring back Pleat and Big Ron.
Used to have bets in the pub on how many times BFR would say `tempo` in his commentary.

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff

Not forgetting Kevin Keegan during France '98, just before Batty's penalty against the Argies:

Moore: "Will he score, yes or no."

Keegan: "Yes."

BOOOOOOM.

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:32 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
ITV is £#%&!ing dreadful.

Tyldesley is the worst commentator going. He scripts most of it before the game, £#%&!ing shite one liners, puns and cliches. Sets himself up for his own shit, smug jokes. It's got to the point where everything he says annoys me now - even down the way he mispronounces Budweiser as "Boot-viser" during the Cup games.

The way he also tried to justify the booing of Evra last week by saying that Suarez will be booed at Old Trafford, whilst neglecting to mention that Evra's the victim and Suarez is a proven racist.

As someone on here pointed out last week on the ITV coverage of the Evra/Suarez racism, they weren't concerned with trivial things like right and wrong, but just wanted to stir up as much drama as possible. I'm sure it won't be long before they have mongs calling in at half time to vote on whether they think a penalty should/should not have been given.

Chiles is a @#%&!. He's ordinary-man-in-the-street act wore thin a long, long time ago. He's clueless about football, and he appears to subscribe to most, if not all, tired myths about our club - United get all the decisions, none of the fans are from Manchester etc, etc.

Beglin is an ABU who has absolutely no insight whatsoever. Clearly picked up nothing during a decade of playing for Liverpool reserves.

Only decent thing about ITV of late has been Roy Keane. You can see his contempt for Chiles burning inside of him.... well, it's either that or self-loathing at the fact that he himself has ended up in an ITV studio with Chiles, Southgate and Tyldesley as his colleagues.
I'm sure Keano is teetering on smacking that bastard whilst the game is on... but you've basically summed up ITV in a nutshell, that evra booing pardon was very @#%&!ish of them, £#%&!'m.

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Not forgetting Kevin Keegan during France '98, just before Batty's penalty against the Argies:

Moore: "Will he score, yes or no."

Keegan: "Yes."

BOOOOOOM.
England v Romania....

Keegan: "there's only one side that's going to win this now and that is England"

Think Romania scored the winner within five minutes

Unread 04-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
England v Romania....

Keegan: "there's only one side that's going to win this now and that is England"

Think Romania scored the winner within five minutes
And within 8 or 9 months he was the new England manager!

Unread 04-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Big Norm

Nice to see a balanced panel on Soccer Saturday today, 2 scousers and 2 ex-arse.

Unread 04-02-2012, 02:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Nice to see a balanced panel on Soccer Saturday today, 2 scousers and 2 ex-arse.
Not just any old Scouser to accompany Bignose either - but Robbie £#%&!ing Fowler

Unread 04-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not just any old Scouser to accompany Bignose either - but Robbie £#%&!ing Fowler
If there is another plague it will be down to all the ex LFC players working as media pundits.
Closed Thread