Anderlecht v Lokomotiv Moscow, GpL, 20:05
Fulham v Odense BK, GpK, 20:05
Maccabi Haifa v Schalke 04, GpJ, 20:05
Steaua Bucharest v AEK Larnaca, GpJ, 20:05
Sturm Graz v AEK Athens, GpL, 20:05
Wisla Krakow v FC Twente, GpK, 20:05

Unread 14-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Can we get city? just hope we can avoid them and some technically efficient continental side can dump them out. Then we can kick and rush our way to the final!

Unread 14-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Sandman

Unread 14-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Zorg

I'm working on a Europa par system that clearly shows why it's bigger and better than the champions league.

Unread 14-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Stickman

Since Marlo's not on ill do it for him:

The one laugh I had during the Rooney thread last November.

Unread 14-12-2011, 12:43 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'm working on a Europa par system that clearly shows why it's bigger and better than the champions league.
All you need to do is look at some old nuggets from RAWK in the past. Like this one from 2010

Quote:
i think our participation in the europa league will greatly boost its popularity and status..
and if we win it, we get to play the super cup and could possibly become the grand champions of europe.

Unread 14-12-2011, 01:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Can we get city? just hope we can avoid them and some technically efficient continental side can dump them out. Then we can kick and rush our way to the final!
I have no idea.

Top Red

Unread 14-12-2011, 01:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I have no idea.

Top Red
Bet Fergie doesn't either, he has no clue about any rules relating to this.

Unread 14-12-2011, 01:28 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Bet Fergie doesn't either, he has no clue about any rules relating to this.
Top Reds Have Nothing In Their Head

Unread 14-12-2011, 01:51 PM
armchair

is there not a draw for the next round? are these group matches? when we defend it next year will we have to play our early rounds in the middle of the euros?

Unread 14-12-2011, 01:52 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
is there not a draw for the next round? are these group matches? when we defend it next year will we have to play our early rounds in the middle of the euros?
so many unknowns. has there ever been such a grand exciting adventure?

Unread 14-12-2011, 02:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
finally we find out who we're up against in europe

[SIZE="7"]Uefa Europa League

Besiktas v Stoke, GpE, 18:00
Dynamo Kiev v Macc Tel-Aviv, GpE, 18:00
FC Zurich v FC Vaslui, GpD, 18:00
Lazio v Sporting, GpD, 18:00
Paris SG v Athletic Bilbao, GpF, 18:00
Slovan Bratislava v Red Bull Salzburg, GpF, 18:00
Anderlecht v Lokomotiv Moscow, GpL, 20:05
Fulham v Odense BK, GpK, 20:05
Maccabi Haifa v Schalke 04, GpJ, 20:05
Steaua Bucharest v AEK Larnaca, GpJ, 20:05
Sturm Graz v AEK Athens, GpL, 20:05
Wisla Krakow v FC Twente, GpK, 20:05

£#%&!'s sake. At least when we got knocked out in 05 we could forget about it and move on, rather than having this shit hanging over us for the next couple of months.

Unread 14-12-2011, 02:06 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

£#%&!'s sake. At least when we got knocked out in 05 we could forget about it and move on, rather than having this shit hanging over us for the next couple of months.
innit. i half hope fergie treats it with the sort of disdain that would garner protests from the carling cup organisers, plays the u-19s or something. and diouf.

the really £#%&!ed-up thing is that the old uefa cup and cwc were cracking tournaments, really worth something and dead exciting for the teams in them. they took two great tournaments and turned them into this pile of shite, all so they could get the top four/three from the big leagues into the cl every year. modern £#%&!ing football, jesus.

Unread 14-12-2011, 02:10 PM
armchair

I don't want to senior pros like Carrick getting a game unless it's about catching up on his fitness for the league. Don't want to see park, owen, or gibbo get a game in any competition. They should be around purely for educational and training purposes from now on and similarly the europa should be about education for the youngsters too.

Unread 14-12-2011, 02:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
innit. i half hope fergie treats it with the sort of disdain that would garner protests from the carling cup organisers, plays the u-19s or something. and diouf.

the really £#%&!ed-up thing is that the old uefa cup and cwc were cracking tournaments, really worth something and dead exciting for the teams in them. they took two great tournaments and turned them into this pile of shite, all so they could get the top four/three from the big leagues into the cl every year. modern £#%&!ing football, jesus.
Yep. If anything, having the CL rejects, rather than enhance the tournament, just degrades it even more. What Fergie said is spot on - it's a punishment more than anything else. How can the competition possibly gain any respect when it's viewed in that way? Whether it's finishing outside the top three or four in your league or going out of the CL early, a place in the Europa League almost represents failure.

Unread 14-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

said that in the pub the other day. would rather have finished bottom.

Unread 14-12-2011, 02:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
said that in the pub the other day. would rather have finished bottom.
I remember saying that in 05 - at least we finished bottom and not third. I wonder if Gill will bother attending the cringefest of a draw on Friday.

Unread 14-12-2011, 02:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I remember saying that in 05 - at least we finished bottom and not third. I wonder if Gill will bother attending the cringefest of a draw on Friday.
Reckon it'll be Phelan.

Unread 14-12-2011, 02:32 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Reckon it'll be Phelan.
Shirt, tie, jacket, shorts.

Unread 14-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Shirt, tie, jacket, shorts.

i have never minded phelan but i'm starting to £#%&!ing hate the sight of the @#%&! :shakehead:
Closed Thread