United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Paul Smith

Not arsed, I use DAZN as got sick of Sky and random/dodgy streams. Now I get every single game.

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
Not arsed, I use DAZN as got sick of Sky and random/dodgy streams. Now I get every single game.
how does that work? Are you in the states?

Unread 03-12-2019, 03:59 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Well in theory you hire in the expertise. There are plenty of players in the streaming market who can build and maintain a platform. Its not that difficult. The PL would probably put Peter Crouch in charge of it though.
Spot on.

Unread 03-12-2019, 04:14 PM
92ToBury

Already got Prime for Music and shopping so happy days.

Unread 03-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Amazon's core business was selling books.

They didn't shy away from getting into other stuff and it's worked out OK for them.
Remember that. I used to use "The internet bookshop" as I couldn't get the books I needed over here. Was recommended Amazon by a colleague who said that they were cheaper and quicker, which they were. I think Bezos bought the internet bookshop in the end.

Unread 03-12-2019, 05:02 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
how does that work? Are you in the states?
Probably using a VPN

Unread 03-12-2019, 07:01 PM
red in cumbria

Who knows, maybe they can also at least begin to stop treating their employees as slaves now?

Unread 03-12-2019, 07:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Who knows, maybe they can also at least begin to stop treating their employees as slaves now?
Thanks Lech

Unread 03-12-2019, 07:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Thanks Lech
You think I am a compromised state agent acting as a revolutionary?

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:04 PM
snifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Probably using a VPN
A friend tells me DAZN are very aggressive with their VPN blocking. What say you, Mr Smith ?

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Vedder

I don’t mind but I don’t wanna hear any yank presenters/pundits/commentators

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:07 PM
Redrum

This win probability graphic is a real game changer.
How did we ever enjoy football without this?

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I don’t mind but I don’t wanna hear any yank presenters/pundits/commentators
it's gabby logan and alan shearer

Unread 03-12-2019, 09:47 PM
no fun

I know many will find this hard to believe, but I’ve only gone and managed to get amazon on my telly

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:05 PM
rubbernecker

It's a stream who gives a £#%&! apart from the sad £#%&!s paying for it

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I know many will find this hard to believe, but I’ve only gone and managed to get amazon on my telly
Yeah, shuh. YOU did it. I believe you.

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:40 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Yeah, shuh. YOU did it. I believe you.

My son provided me with something called an ID, then a password

He then called me on FaceTime and talked me through what buttons to press

It it was me that physically did it

In your face bill gates

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:47 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
My son provided me with something called an ID, then a password

He then called me on FaceTime and talked me through what buttons to press

It it was me that physically did it

In your face bill gates
'face time'

Unread 04-12-2019, 12:17 AM
Paul Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifter
A friend tells me DAZN are very aggressive with their VPN blocking. What say you, Mr Smith ?
Well theres only a couple that work so perhaps he's right. You may also be able to do it with dyamic DNS but it's not somethimg I looked into.

It's what we should all have as an option for in this day amd age.

Unread 04-12-2019, 01:35 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The premier league really need to move onto streaming their own games in the future.

launch a netflix style service where they show every single game for a reasonable monthly fee.

We really need to move on as a country from this ridiculous model we have where we split the televised games between 3 different broadcasters and the rest we are reduced to sitting there watching another group of people watch the games and relay what's happening. It's utterly ludicrous.
It's not quite that simple. The rights to the matches are worth more than their direct revenues. So Amazon know that by showing the Premier League, people will subscribe to Prime. Those people are now more likely to buy other things from Amazon.

It's the same with Sky. Sky know that the Premier League is what brings them customers. They then monetise those customers further by selling them movies, music channels, documentaries etc...

Sky pay on average about £10m per match. Is a PL streaming service going to bring the PL that much money? Domestic rights are around £2b pa. Even if they charged £200 per year for the service they'd need 10m subscribers to match the current deal.

At PPV they'd need to average 1m people per match at £10 a pop. Sure, United v Liverpool will achieve that but there's no way Palace v Southampton would even bring in £200k.
Closed Thread