United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Mr_Ed

Default How do we feel about Amazon entering the market?

Big week for them this week. Anyone subscribed just for the football?

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:36 PM
silv

Is it a bad thing? Surely its a step in the direction of consumers being able to watch what games they want without having to resort to dodgy streams.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:37 PM
Switching Off

Good. MIL has it and we use her login for Prime TV.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:37 PM
no fun

@#%&!s

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:39 PM
redhegemony

A third subscription needed - really ? Not a good idea for the PL.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Is it a bad thing? Surely its a step in the direction of consumers being able to watch what games they want without having to resort to dodgy streams.
Depends. If say all the united games are split between Sky, BT and Amazon, then you need to pay three subscriptions. A better solution would be ppv for each game individually... but then smaller teams (in fan size) wouldn't get much revenue

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Been Amazon prime for years, same day delivery reds (on certain things) use it for the music as well....

Footballs just an added bonus, although I don't need it tmrw.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:42 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
How do we feel about Amazon entering the market?

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:45 PM
Patty_b

Awesome. Already have Prime so it's like free 'Premium' football

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:47 PM
red red robbo

Great if you already pay for Prime (smugface), shit if you don't and have to add it to your Sky, BT and whoever else shows three games a season subscriptions.

A great example where competition does not drive down prices. Do Sky drop their subscription prices every time they get a few less games? Do they £#%&!.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:53 PM
atticusgrinch

Feels great. I've got prime.

Unread 03-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Fat Al

Didn't they have a load of games last Xmas too?

Personally, I think it’s £#%&!ing £#%&!.

If I want to watch all Utds games, I have to pay 5 times.
TV licence
Subscription to Sky/Virgin
Sky Sports
BT Sports
Amazon Prime

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:02 PM
guerreiro

Ridiculous that the UK viewer gets utterly shafted with the national sport, whilst the overseas market pays a pittance compared for far greater coverage.

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:05 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Been Amazon prime for years, same day delivery reds (on certain things) use it for the music as well....

Missus has got prime, mainly for ndd but when we go on to the tell/video app we can’t watch anything and it says we have to pay? Are we doing something wrong?

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:11 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Missus has got prime, mainly for ndd but when we go on to the tell/video app we can’t watch anything and it says we have to pay? Are we doing something wrong?
You have to register her account details on all the apps that you use (phone, smart TV, Virgin Tivo box etc).

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:11 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Username and password is usually required

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
You have to register her account details on all the apps that you use (phone, smart TV, Virgin Tivo box etc).
Been meaning to look at it. Should everything be available once you’re a prime member?

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:18 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Been meaning to look at it. Should everything be available once you’re a prime member?
Everything is "available", although there are still some things you have to pay for even as a prime member

Some of the series are paid for when they are new, but if you can wait a few months they always seem to move to being free.

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Everything is "available", although there are still some things you have to pay for even as a prime member

Some of the series are paid for when they are new, but if you can wait a few months they always seem to move to being free.
Sounds about right. Never thought about it until right now but we pay about 200 quid a month for all the various streaming sites, VPN’s etc now

Unread 03-12-2019, 01:40 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

This.

Love Amazon. Prime is good. This is a bonus. Expect their prices to go up soon though. I'd pay £10 per month to be fair for what you get at the moment anyway.
Closed Thread