United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2016, 07:47 AM
TheFatGoth

Default Martial to PSG

Was only a matter of time before one of the big clubs snapped him up tbh.

Thanks for the memories.

Unread 15-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Goal.com and the daily Mirror ?

Awful thread.

Yhbr

Unread 15-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Ethers

#@&%!.

Unread 15-05-2016, 08:16 AM
sa7

Just came across this. Quite the most astonishing, ill-informed and bitter pile of shit I've read in a long time.

http://soccersouls.com/2016/05/15/36...-greater-good/

Quote:
It might have been a bit of a surprise to see the French squad being listed out for the upcoming Euros. While Karim Benzema missed out due to his earlier misdemeanours, there was one name in the list that raised an eyebrow or two.

Anthony Martial, one of the costliest teenagers in the history of the game was going to the Euros and representing his country but his performances, for all that has been said, haven’t been that great for his club side Manchester United.

The 20-year-old signed for the club this summer and had an eventful debut when he scored against the old enemy Liverpool, but for all the brouhaha about him doing exceptionally well this season, he hasn’t been all that great.

The only reason we think that Martial has done well is because he has been playing in an average Manchester United side and even if we do look beyond that, a talent like Martial is actually getting wasted in Louis van Gaal’s side.

Martial does have 17 goals in his first season for the Premier League side, not a bad return at all, but the problem is the fact that the attacker has had to play out wide more often than not. Martial is someone who needs to be play down the centre, but that position has been taken over by Marcus Rashford and that is something which will affect the 20-year-old Frenchman in years to come.

We don’t expect him to play in that position for the rest of his career at Old Trafford, but his talent isn’t getting the right exposure that it deserves. Apart from playing out on the wing, learning under Louis van Gaal does not seem to be the best thing for an attacker in the Premier League.

Van Gaal, for all his experience, does seem to be fixated on the defensive aspect of the game and this is where Martial ends up losing out more than anything else. Manchester United are not that same attacking team that would dominate sides and batter them constantly until they won the game.

They seem more built of hoofing the ball forward and hoping for the best but that is not what will help a player grow. There really is no proper playing style at the club and this will harm the side more than anything else. The 20-year-old might have been Manchester United’s best attacker, but that does not speak much about his ability, growth or performances.

Martial could be much better in the near future but for now, he is just wasted his chances of growth at Manchester United.

Unread 15-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Sizlack

Everybody knows he was a waste of money anyway hopefully we can claw back as much as we can.

Unread 15-05-2016, 08:33 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

What was the old arsenal wum called on RI all those years ago...abaf or summat? Fath Goth is heading toward that territory

Unread 15-05-2016, 08:55 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
What was the old arsenal wum called on RI all those years ago...abaf or summat? Fath Goth is heading toward that territory
jem I think

Unread 15-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Just came across this. Quite the most astonishing, ill-informed and bitter pile of shit I've read in a long time.

He is better in the middle, he does need to do more defensive work on the wing and we are utter want.

The only bit that's %@#$&!s is the bit about hooking the ball. We sometimes resort to that when that freak plays but it's rare.

Unread 15-05-2016, 09:01 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

From T. Knott, Droylesden

Unread 15-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Sparky***

So firstly he was a waste of money, now he's so good that he's wasting his time at United?

Jesus Christ. The luxury of being a sports journalist.

Unread 15-05-2016, 09:08 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
jem I think
Yes. I can confirm this is correct. Awful person, not sure what happened to her

Unread 15-05-2016, 09:53 AM
taff

christ. it begins.

Unread 15-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Jethro

Really bad thread this

Unread 15-05-2016, 10:18 AM
puressence

If he leaves this summer for anybody I'll leave Fred for 12 calendar months

Unread 15-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
#@&%!.
Cmon man it's not like he's inviting the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
As opposed to month of Sunday's, when you use a comma.

Unread 15-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Some on Larry, get a move on.

Unread 15-05-2016, 11:27 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
come

Unread 15-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Feel a bit conflicted now.

Unread 15-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Zorg

Quote:
come
ffs

Unread 15-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

As opposed to month of Sunday's, when you use a comma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Wow. Two forum heavyweights take a run at Pure, but can't get their grammar right.

There is a word that describes when this kind of thing happens, but ironically, I've forgotten it.
Closed Thread